Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Care worker leads elderly woman to safety during kitchen fire
10:20pm Sunday 23rd February 2014 in News
AN elderly woman was led to safety by her care worker when a fire broke out in a kitchen at sheltered accommodation, firefighters say.
The fire broke out in Fry Street, St Helens shortly after 1pm on Saturday.
The woman was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to Whiston Hospital suffering from slight smoke inhalation.
The kitchen and living room were damaged by fire.
Comments are closed on this article.