ANDREW Hill’s goal meant that Pilkington were deprived of all three points, due to a late equaliser for the second match in succession.

Having outplayed Pilks and looked the livelier side, for most of the first half, Barnoldswick Town took the lead – when, following a corner, the ball broke to Ben Ashton in a favourable position.

Ashton, in the penalty area, controlled well – before emphatically drilling his chance beyond the helpless Jake Hilton.

However, having created precious little, Pilks gained an awful lot, just 15 minutes later.

On an immaculate pitch, more akin to a bowling green, Thomas Dean must have found the only divot on the surface.

His pass was heading back to goalkeeper, Callum Jakovlevs, when it took an unfortunate bobble – he couldn’t hack it and fittingly, Kane Hackett was on hand to dispatch the easiest goal that he’ll ever score.

Carsley’s flick wide and dragged shot were the most notable incidents after the interval, during a cagey half in which both sides struggled to get a firm grip on proceedings – until Hilton’s superb stop, anyway.

The goalkeeper’s outstretched leg kept the hosts at bay from short-distance and Pilks’ fast-paced counter-attack saw them capitalise – with Adam Gilchrist sweeping his chance home, to turn the match on its head.

The latter stages of the match would see the fixture spring back into life, but they weren’t without controversy.

George Chmiel’s deflected strike caused Hilton problems, squirming through the goalkeeper – but he made amends by clawing it back from off the line, when it looked destined for the back of the net.

But an equaliser would eventually come.

Following a bout of head tennis, between Carsley and Hill, the latter would reap the rewards – burying his header, to claim a point in stoppage time.

Pilks will feel aggrieved, having conceded another late goal, but with the team spirit that they have in abundance, while having also collected five points from their first four matches at this level – they’re heading in the right direction.