BILLINGE had to settle for a point on Saturday after a brilliant display by their opponents goalkeeper, Aaron Tyrer.

The game was switched to Barrows Farm at the last minute due to storm damage at Greenalls PSO's ground and once started it took 45 minutes for the game to kick into life.

The first-half was a tough battle as The Storks faced the stiff breeze and whilst they limited Greenalls to a couple of corners the nearest they came themselves was when Tyrer brilliantly saved Ellis O'Keefe's effort.

However, the second period brought a flurry of action.

In the 47th minutes The Greens went close with a free kick and two minutes later Richie Allen hit the post for the hosts even though it wouldn't have counted as he was adjudged offside.

Liam Fitzgerald saw his free-kick sail over the bar and then on 57 minutes The Storks were ahead.

A through-ball found Aaron Bowen up against two defenders but the striker superbly cut inside and unleashed a left-footed shot from the edge of the box that beat Tyrer to make it 1-0.

Unfortunately for the home side the lead lasted less than a minute.

The Billinge defence failed to cut out a cross that was converted at the far post to bring the score level.

From the restart Sam Boydell tried his luck from 50 yards but his shot grazed the top of the crossbar.

It was now all Billinge as Fitzgerald went close with another free kick from distance, Bowen's header was superbly saved by Tyrer and then the keeper performed miracles to keep out Boyland's shot.

James Browne then met Boyland's free-kick with a powerful header but again Tyrer excelled and then in the 88th minute the Greenalls’ custodian produced another great save to deny Fitzgerald.

There was a final scramble in the Greenalls' six-yard box but somehow the ball stayed out of the net and the game finished all square.

After the game The Storks manager Wayne Wardle was happy with the performance saying: "It was a much improved performance from ourselves and on another day we win that game. ‘But fair play to Greenalls as they defended well and their keeper was excellent - as he always is."

The man-of-the match award from sponsors PlayerProUK and Brothers Burgers went to Boydell who was absolutely outstanding in midfield for the full 90 minutes, while at the back Browne was rock solid in just his third match for The Storks.

Next week Billinge entertain high-flying Broadheath Central in what should be an excellent match.

Kick-off at Barrows Farm is 2pm.