SAINTS and Wigan have played out some fantastic Good Fridays to remember.

Plenty of fans will be missing their traditional Easter derby fix so here are six from the past to remember.

Saints 21 Wigan 18,  30 March 2018.

With Mal Meninga providing the pep talk, tries from Ben Barba and Zeb Taia had put Saints in the driving seat at 12-2.

Wigan clawed their way back to 14-14 and missed a drop goal, before Regan Grace grabbed the winning try.

St Helens Star:

Danny Richadson crucially kicked the touchline goal and chipped over a drop goal to ender Joel Tompkins' late try a consolation.

Saints had their first Easter win over Wigan in nine years.

Saints 21 Wigan 21, 9 April 2004.

A late Sean Long drop goal snatched a point after it had looked like Andy Farrell's 70th-minute one-pointer had secured the win for Wigan.

It was the game memorable for the brawl, started by the set-to between Jon Wilkin and Terry Newton - but then blew up on Dom Feaunati's intervention, with Wigan skipper Farrell and Saints counterpart Paul Sculthorpe's face off central the melee.  

Saints tries came from Lee Gilmour (2), Jon Wilkin and Willie Talau.

Saints 18 Wigan 13, 28 March 1986.

It had been a real battle between the two old rivals, one that Wigan looked like they had snatched with a late drop goal.

But just before the hooter Saints' Kiwi centre Mark Elia plunged over to the delight of the Saints support among the 15,887 crammed into Knowsley Road.

It kept up Saints' remarkable recovery that year - and effectively stopped Wigan from winning the league, with the title going to Halifax.

 Saints 41 Wigan 26, 5 April 1996.

It was the game that showed that Saints, in the first year of Super League, meant business.

Wigan led 16-4 - and it looked like the same story. But Danny Arnold's second ty sparked the comeback with further scores from Keiron Cunningham, Ian Pickavance, Arnold's third, Andy Northey and Tommy Martyn.

The pick was the one from a weaving Cunningham run from halfway, where despite being caught on the try line he managed to flick out for Arnold.

It was crucial - Saints going on to win the maiden Super League ahead Wigan. 

Wigan 22 Saints 22, 13 April 2001.

It was a draw, but it felt like a win.

After trailing 22-12, Saints hit back with Dwayne West going over ten minutes from time. With 77 minutes on the clock big Vila Matautia offloaded bouncing off Paul Sculthorpe's knee, allowing the Man of Steel to touch down.

Long's goal snatched a point for Saints.

And finally a draw that felt worse than any defeat...

Wigan 8 Saints 8, 9 April 1993.

The whole season had been about Saints and Wigan - and the League Championship went all the way down to the wire.

29,839 crammed into Central Park with hundreds more watching on the bridge outside.

Tries from Alan Hunte and Gary Connolly went unconverted.

The second half was tense, compelling and scoreless which effectively meant that the title would go to Wigan on points difference.

Even worse was the sight of Saints prop Kevin Ward with an horrendous career ending double leg break.