If anybody’s still doing the football pools then put your money on Billinge FC.

For that’s five drawn games on-the-bouncet for The Storks with the latest one being a 1-1 stalemate with Knutsford on Saturday.

With Storm Ciara brewing it was never going to be a great game, with both teams trying to cope with the strong wind.

It also led to a game of two halves with Knutsford on top in the first period only for Billinge to respond well in the second.

That said both keepers were rarely tested as both sides missed the target more than they hit it.

Ashley Austin had the first chance for the visitors on 14 minutes when he shot over the bar when well-positioned.

However, eight minutes he made amends when he bundled the ball into The Storks net from close range.

It had more than a suspicion of handball about it but referee Ryan Bostock gave the goal after consulting his assistant.

Austin had another great chance to increase Knutsford’s lead on 35 minutes but again shot over the bar while The Storks finished the half strongly as Rob Lamont and Liam Fitzgerald were both denied by The Robins’ keeper Dimeji Willan.

After a good talking-to at half-time The Storks took the game to Knutsford as Marios Avraam went close on three occasions before Lamont notched his 11th goal of the season.

This came from the penalty spot - on 65 minutes - after a brilliant move involving Ryan Sephton, Lamont and Richie Allen ended with Allen being pushed over in the penalty area; Lamont stepped up to put it in the bottom right-hand corner.

The remainder of the half saw The Storks throwing everything at Knutsford but they couldn’t find their way through a decent defence and despite the efforts of Lamont, Zak Riley, Ste Wilson and Sean Kelly - all going close - the game finished 1-1.

After the game Billinge manager, Wayne Wardle, said: “It’s a bit frustrating at the moment as we are looking solid and with a bit of luck those five draws could easily have been five wins.

“Today we were poor in the first-half but much-improved in the second, and we had plenty of good chances to win it.”

The Storks have no game next week as The Cheshire Football League representative team are in the quarter-final of The FA Inter-League Cup when they take on The West Cheshire League at Hyde United’s Ewen Fields ground.

Billinge’s next game is 22 February when Daten FC visit Barrows Farm for a 2pm kick-off.