FOR the second time in three years Recs booked their place in the Fourth Round of the Challenge Cup with a comfortable 32-16 win over Cumbrian outfit Millom.

The early exchanges saw Pilks throw away two golden chances, firstly a fine move to the left wing saw the ball go to ground with the defence beaten before Mark Briody dropped the ball with the line at his mercy, it was however, the youthful visitors who were first on the scoresheet after opting to take the two points on offer following a penalty in front of the posts on the 15 minute mark.

It didn't take long for Recs to reply, as Ian Stanley scored a fine individual try after receiving the ball out the back of a scrum. Lynch missed with the conversion.

Millom rallied, and after earning a repeat set of six following a charged down kick, they took full advantage of the field position scoring a well worked try on the left.

The home side again responded quickly as Ryan Hilliard showed his electric pace after lathing onto a Tom Roughley pass and slicing through the smallest of gaps to score on the half hour mark.

Five minutes later, Hilliard returned the favour as he charged through the middle before handing over to the supporting Roughley who scored beneath the posts. Lynch converted to take the half time score to 14-6

Recs started the second half strongly and were making good progress down the middle as their forward started to dominate the game.

Recs lost Hilliard through injury, but his replacement, Kyran Knapper kept up the pressure as he jinkwd his way to the line after receiving an Ian Stanley offload. Lynch converted.

Millom once again closed the gap as their prop forward crashed over from close range for a converted try on the hour mark.

The visitors glimmer of hope was soon dashed as Danny Lynch shrugged off the Millom prop before offloading to Tez Riley who used hie strength to carry three defenders over the line. Lynch converted.

Millom again struck back as Recs seemed to switch off with one eye on the next round, scoring out on the right as the centre brushed off 3 attempted tackles on the way to the line.

The last say of the game went to Chris Clayton, who charged onto a ball from close range powering over the line to score a converted try.

The AMDEC Man of the Match went to Ian Stanley.

The draw for the next round is on Tuesday at 7pm when teams from the Championship will enter the fray.