LSH were denied their first away win of the season in controversial circumstances at Stelfox Avenue last Saturday when injury to the referee caused the match to be abandoned.

Nine minutes into the second half LSH were in complete control and full back Neil Hull was in the clear.

He was heading for the try line to record his first ever senior hat trick when Manchester Society referee Mr Taylorson damaged his hamstring and fell to the ground, blowing his whistle to stop play.

Despite receiving treatment from LSH physio Helen Hartley it was clear that he was unable to continue.

Confusion reigned for the next ten minutes. With neither touch judge able to officiate, a referee on the adjoining pitch, from the same society, was available to continue the game.

However this was unacceptable to Altrincham Kersal and the game was abandoned.

All of this after a stunning first half performance from the Moss Laners converting a 10-3 deficit to a 26-10 lead by half time.

Altrincham Kersal winger Chris Stewart sped in for the opening try after five minutes, converted it himself and then added a penalty midway through the first half.

Simon Worsley, restored to kicking duties, had landed a 35 metre penalty after two minutes and slotted three more from the same distance to edge LSH in front as they began to take control.

With the pack now securing good possession LSH scored two excellent tries just before the break.

Both came from Neil Hull and were converted by Simon Worsley who made the first with a delicate chip to split the Kersal defence.

The second came from a quick interchange with Ian Pearce.

It is understood that LSH are submitting a full report to North One officials and are claiming the points but as it stands at the moment the scores count for nothing and the game will have to be replayed.

LSH President Ray French summed up the mood of the LSH camp saying, " It has been a disappointing day for LSH but an even more disappointing day for rugby union."

LSH entertain Rochdale at Moss Lane this Saturday (16 October), kick off 3pm, in the second round of the Powergen Intermediate Cup.