ENGINEERS will work on a "permanent repair" after damage to an underground electricity cable has caused an estate to lose power multiple times in recent weeks.
Homes around Acorn Street in Newton-le-Willows have been hit by a series of recent power cuts, with engineers confirming the cause.
One resident said they had been hit by a power cut for the third time in a fortnight on Wednesday morning.
Read more
-
Police CCTV appeal after man in 20s struck by car in hit-and-run near retail park
-
Saints reveal third kit for 2026 with another nod to the past
A spokesperson for SP Electricity North West said investigations on site revealed damage to an underground electricity cable, believed to have been caused by a third party who had not notified the company before carrying out work in the area.
“We’re aware of recent power cuts impacting homes around Acorn Street in Newton-le-Willows,” the spokesperson said.
“Teams carried out on-site investigations which revealed damage to an underground electricity cable, likely caused by a third party who failed to notify us.
“On-site teams carried out a temporary repair which restored power supplies and a permanent repair will take place in the next week.”
Engineers are expected to return to complete the full fix, but residents are being told that power should remain stable in the meantime.
The spokesperson added: “If there are any further issues in the meantime, customers can call us on 105. Anyone who may require any additional help can join our free extra care register at www.enwl.co.uk/extracare.”
Share