Marks & Spencer has resumed their click and collect service for clothing after a 15 week hiatus.
The online service was paused following a cyber hack and data theft at the retailer in April.
It gradually resumed taking online orders for delivery from June but click and collect services, which allow customers to order items online and pick up in stores, had remained suspended.
M&S's website said on Monday that click and collect had resumed for fashion, home and beauty products. The company did not respond immediately to a request for comment.
In May, M&S confirmed that shoppers’ personal data had been stolen in the cyber attack.
In a full statement posted on the Marks and Spencer Facebook page, CEO Stuart Machin said: “As we continue to manage the current cyber incident, we have written to customers today to let them know that unfortunately some personal customer information has been taken.
“Importantly, there is no evidence that the information has been shared and it does not include useable card or payment details, or account passwords, so there is no need for customers to take any action.
“To give customers extra peace of mind, they will be prompted to reset their password the next time they visit or log on to their M&S account and we have shared information on how to stay safe online.
“Everyone at M&S is working around the clock to get things back to normal for our customers as quickly as possible, and we are very sorry for any inconvenience they have experienced. Our stores remain open as they have throughout.
“Thank you for shopping with us and for your continued support, we are incredibly grateful.”
Shares in M&S were up 1% in early trading on Monday, paring 2025 losses to 11%.
Investec analyst Kate Calvert said the reinstatement of click and collect "is the key 'back to normal' signal from a consumer perspective."
She does not expect the hack to impact M&S' long-term valuation or growth prospects.
In May, M&S forecast the hacking of its systems would cost it about £300 million in lost operating profit in its 2025/26 financial year, though it hopes to halve the impact through insurance and cost control.
As part of its management of the hack and data theft, M&S took other systems offline. That reduced both clothing and food availability in stores, further denting sales.
M&S CEO Stuart Machin told investors in early July the group would be over the worst of the fallout from the incident by August.
Share