THE heartbroken mum of a man who was murdered after being struck to the head in a street told a court she feels "lost, broken and empty" without her son.

Warren Glover, who was 33, was struck to the head by Aaron Stubbs in a "heavy blow" with a metal bar on the night of Saturday, June 13, 2020 on French Street at its junction with Thompson Street, Toll Bar.

Liverpool Crown Court heard he was the victim of a "revenge" attack over "abusive" text messages he sent to ex-girlfriend, Melissa Stubbs and others in response to her making clear their relationship was over.

Melissa, her brother Aaron Stubbs, friend Stephen Strutt, and Peter Walker, were charged with murder and found guilty after a six-week long trial.

They will each serve a total of more than 80 years in prison between them after being sentenced today.

READ > Four given life sentences for murder of Warren Glover

At around 10.15pm on June 13, the four of them had arrived in a grey Kia Sportage, before assaulting Warren in the quiet residential street.

Aaron Stubbs, 30, of Lane End Road, Manchester was sentenced to life with a minimum of 21 years and six months in prison

Melissa Stubbs, 29, of Lane End Road, Manchester was sentenced to life with a minimum of 20 years and six months in prison

Peter Walker, 31, of Garth Road, Manchester was sentenced to life with a minimum of 20 years and six months in prison

Stephen Strutt, 39, of Chester Avenue, Stalybridge was sentenced to life with a minimum of 20 years in prison

Sarah Clark, 31, of Chester Avenue, Stalybridge was found guilty of assisting an offender. Clarke was bailed with conditions from court and will be sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court on Friday, 21 May.

Jackie Glover, Warren’s mum read an emotional victim impact statement in court at the sentencing hearing.

She said Warren, who was her only child, was "my everything".

Ms Glover said: “I want to thank all my family and friends who have supported me throughout this traumatic time in my life. I also want to thank the residents of French Street and Thompson Street who had the courage and sense of community to assist the prosecution case. I want to thank the residents who stopped and tried to help Warren by giving him first aid and contacting the emergency services.

“Also the police investigation team and the prosecution team for their expertise and advice throughout the trial and the last 10 months. All these people have helped me get through the worst time of my life. I welcome the sentences the offenders received."

She mentioned that her son had been "diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder".

“I am really proud of Warren for him being a really great dad and for being brave enough and seeking help and support for his mental health problems," she added.

"Warren was my everything, the reason I got up each day, without him I feel lost, broken and empty. I will be forever grateful for his life and I wouldn`t change a thing about him.”

Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Chief Inspector Craig Sumner said: “Warren suffered a brutal assault at the hands of those involved, and I hope today’s sentencing serves as some comfort to his family and friends that they will now spend a significant time behind bars.

“Warren was the ex-partner of Melissa Stubbs, who made threats towards him on the night of the assault. Stubbs, her brother Aaron Stubbs, and friend Peter Walker drove from Manchester to Thatto Heath and brutally attacked him. He was in intensive care in hospital for just over three weeks, before he tragically died due to the injuries sustained during the attack.

“A resolute team of investigators from East investigations based at St Helens police station worked tirelessly to follow every viable line of enquiry.”

Detective Inspector Jackie Guinness who led the investigations team added: "Our enquiries led us to Manchester and it soon became apparent that the group had made a series of arrangements and plotted to travel to Thatto Heath together to commit the attack on Mr Glover.

“This was a complex investigation and I would like to thank the whole investigation team for their relentless work in bringing those responsible to justice. It’s pleasing to know that they have received a significant term in prison for their part in the commission of this terrible offence.

“I would like to thank Warren’s family for their support and strength shown throughout the investigation, despite their tragic loss. I hope they can slowly begin to move forward knowing that justice has been served at court today.”