HERE are details of five cases heard recently at Liverpool, Knowsley and St Helens Magistrates' Court.

  • A 28-YEAR-OLD man has appeared in court charged with two counts of making threats to kill.

Adam Finch, of Vicarage Drive, Haydock, is accused of making threats to kill against two people on August 19.

The case was sent to Liverpool Crown Court where Finch will next appear.

Finch is due at the Crown Court on Friday, September 18.

The 28-year-old has been remanded into custody until then.

  •  A 29-YEAR-OLD man admitted to four separate thefts from retail premises.

Dean Kay, of O'Keefe Road, Fingerpost, admitted to four counts of theft at the court.

Kay stole an electric toothbrush from Superdrug in Lagrange Arcade on August 22. He also stole washing powder from Poundland at lagrange Arcade on the same date.

Kay also admitted stealing £30 worth of meat from Aldi in St Helens town centre on July 8 and children's play packs from the Post office in Lagrange Arcade on May 30.

The case was sent to Liverpool Crown Court, where Kay will next appear on Monday, September 21.

He was given conditional bail until then.

  •  A MAN was fined for possession of cannabis.

Jack Gileeney, of Bank Street, Newton-le-Willows pleaded guilty to possession of a Class B drug on May 22.

Gileeney, 23, was fined £80.

He was also ordered to pay a £34 surcharge to victim services and £85 in costs to the CPS, making £199 in total. The drugs are to forfeited and destroyed under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Gileeney's guilty plea was taken into account upon sentencing.

  •  A MAN charged with possession of a knife and a kubaton in public appeared in court.

Terence Dale, of Clarence Street, Newton-le-Willows is charged with possession of an offensive weapon, namely a kubaton on February 28 this year.

He is also charged with possession of a bladed article, a knife, on the same date.

Dale was given unconditional bail and will next appear at Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday, September 22.

  •  A MAN from Prescot pleaded not guilty to an alleged assault on a woman and using threatening words and behaviour.

Lewis Wilson, of Beaconsfield, Prescot appeared at the magistrates' court.

He pleaded not guilty to an assault of a woman at the Prescot Centre on Eccleston Street on April 25.

He also denied a charge of using threatening words or behaviour against the same woman.

Wilson was given unconditional bail and will appear at Sefton Magistrates' Court on November 27 for trial.