TWO fire engines were called after a blaze broke out in a ground floor toilet at a restaurant.

Crews attended Shere Khan Restaurant on Liverpool Road at around 6.20pm on Saturday evening (June 9).

A Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "There was damage to the toilet area and the ground and first floors.

"We had two engines there and used one main jet and breathing apparatus to deal with the fire.

"When we looked into it, our initial conclusions are that it was due to an electrical fault."

He added that crews spent around an hour at the scene to deal with the fire.

Pictures and video courtesy of Robbob