A WOMAN had to make a quick exit out of her car, when the engine burst into flames.

Firefighters were called to the incident on Chancery Lane in Parr just after 12pm this afternoon (Wednesday, May 16).

By the time they arrived, the female driver was already out of the green Volkswagen Polo. She was not hurt in the incident.

The engine compartment was damaged however. It is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault. A fire crew from Parr Stocks was at the scene for around 20 minutes.