ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION (SPECIAL EVENTS) ACT 1994 THE BOROUGH OF ST. HELENSNotice ID: WAR0711923
ST. HELENS BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION (SPECIAL EVENTS) ACT 1994 THE BOROUGH OF ST. HELENS
(ST. HELENS AREA WIDE) (SPECIAL EVENTS) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on the 19th day of July 2018, the St. Helens Council made a Special Events Order under the provisions of Sections 16A-C of the Road Traffic Regulation (Special Events) Act 1994, the effect of which will be that:
1. No person shall cause or permit any vehicles to proceed in either direction in the roads listed in Schedule 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 at such times and in such locations as shall be indicated by traffic signs.
2. No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait on the roads listed in Schedule 9 at such times and in such locations as shall be indicated by traffic signs and any other highway deemed necessary in the vicinity of Sherdley Park, St. Helens.
3. ELTON HEAD ROAD between its junctions with MARSHALLS CROSS ROAD and ST HELENS LINKWAY shall be a clearway, with no stopping permitted on the main carriageway; verge or footway at such times as shall be indicated by traffic signs.
4. No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to turn right from ELTON HEAD ROAD into SUTTON HALL COTTAGES, SHERDLEY PARK, LEA GREEN ROAD, SUTTON LEISURE CENTRE, the cul-de-sac which forms OLD ELTON HEAD ROAD, LEA GREEN STATION ACCESS and SUTTON ACADEMY at such times as shall be indicated by traffic signs.
5. Vehicles travelling on ELTON HEAD ROAD between its junction with MARSHALLS CROSS ROAD and ST HELENS LINKWAY shall be prohibited from overtaking at such times as shall be indicated by traffic signs.
6. ALL vehicles proceeding along THE SCORE and the un-named road which is a continuation of THE SCORE to MARSHALLS CROSS ROAD shall do so only in a direction from ELTON HEAD ROAD to MARSHALLS CROSS ROAD at such times as shall be indicated by traffic signs.
7. These restrictions shall not apply to Emergency Service Vehicles when pursuing their duties in connection with an emergency.
SCHEDULE 1: TOWN CENTRE PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
SCHEDULE 3: ECCLESTON PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
CATCHDALE MOSS LANE
OAK TREE ROAD
GILLARS GREEN DRIVE
ST HELENS ROAD
NEWTON-LE-WILLOWS AREA PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
SCHEDULE 5: RAINFORD PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
ROW 805 & ROW 814
CROSS PIT LANE
RED CAT LANE
SCHEDULE 6: RAINHILL PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
ST JAMES ROAD
CHALON WAY EAST
CHALON WAY WEST
PEASLEY CROSS LANE
CLOCK TOWER STREET
COWLEY HILL LANE
WINDLE HALL DRIVE
SHERDLEY PARK AREA PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
Public Right of Way 318
Between its junction with ELTON HEAD ROAD and PROW 320
Public Right of Way 319
Between its junction with SHERDLEY ROAD and PROW 320
Public Right of Way 320
Between its junction with PROW 318 and MARSHALLS CROSS ROAD
Un-named road serving LEA GREEN STATION
MARSHALLS CROSS ROAD
Between its junction with ELTON HEAD ROAD and SCORECROSS
MARSHALLS CROSS ROAD
Gap in the central reservation opposite PROW 320
SCHEDULE 8: WINDLE PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
| RAINFORD ROAD
SHERDLEY PARK AREA PROHIBITION OF WAITING RESTRICTIONS
OLD ELTON HEAD ROAD
SHERDLEY PARK DRIVE
SUTTON PARK DRIVE
SCHEDULE 2: BILLINGE PROHIBITION OF DRIVING RESTRICTIONS
B5205 RAINFORD ROAD
Commencing at its junction with BIRCHLEY ROAD and continuing in a north-westerly direction for a distance of approximately 42 metres
A571 BIRCHLEY ROAD
Between its junctions with A571 RAINFORD ROAD and TRENT ROAD
A571 MAIN STREET
Between its junctions with A571 BIRCHLEY ROAD and B5207 NEWTON ROAD
The Order will come into force on Monday 23rd July 2018 and have a maximum duration of 18 months. However, the Order will only be used when it is required for Special Events.
The reason for making this Order is to ensure safety and relieve congestion when Special Events are taking place within the Borough of St Helens.
Dated this 19th day of July 2018
P R Sanderson, Strategic Director, Place Services
Engineering Division, Traffic, UTC & Road Safety, 4th Floor, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens WA10 1 HF