ST. HELENS BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION (SPECIAL EVENTS) ACT 1984 THE BOROUGH OF ST. HELENS (GEORGE STREET) ORDER 2019 THE BOROUGH COUNCIL OF ST HELENSNotice ID: WAR1354248
St Helens Council
ST. HELENS BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION (SPECIAL EVENTS) ACT 1984 THE BOROUGH OF ST. HELENS (GEORGE STREET) ORDER 2019 THE BOROUGH COUNCIL OF ST HELENS (hereinafter referred to as "the Council") in exercise of its powers under section 16A-C of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as "the Act") and any other enabling powers are satisfied that to resolve immediate local issues generated by the Special Event and to ensure safety and relieve congestion that these restrictions are required hereby make the following Order.
1. No person shall cause or permit any vehicles to drive in either direction along George Street between its junctions of Hall Street and Haydock Street, between the times of 16.00hrs and 23.00hrs as and when directed by road signs on-site.
2. No person shall cause or permit any vehicles to wait along George Street between its junctions of Hall Street and Haydock Street, between the times of 16.00hrs and 23.00hrs as and when directed by road signs on-site.
3. The locations described in paragraphs 1 and 2 are shown on plan T5164 hatched in red attached to this notice.
4. An alternative route will be available for use while the Order is in force being Hall Street - Church Street - Shaw Street. This is shown on plan T5164 hatched in blue.
5. All restrictions will be signed and will remain in force only for as long as is necessary.
6. Nothing in the Order will apply to:
a. Anything done with the permission of or at the direction of a police officer.
b. Any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes, or the purposes of a statutory undertaker in an emergency, such as the loss of supplies of gas, electricity or water to premises in the area, which requires vehicles to be brought onto a section of highway to which the Order applies.
7. The Interpretation Act 1978, shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies to the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
8. These restrictions shall not apply to Emergency Vehicles when pursuing their duties in connection with an emergency.
9. These restrictions shall not apply to those vehicles used in connection with the organisation of the Special Event.
The reason for making this Order is to ensure safety and relieve congestion during the hours of the special event.
The Order will come into force on 27th September 2019 and have a
maximum duration of 3 days. However, the Order will only be used when it
is required for the Special Event.
Dated this Thursday 19th September 2019
P R Sanderson, Strategic Director,
Place Services Department, Network Management,
4th Floor Wesley House, Corporation Street,
St. Helens WA10 1HF