Town’s trip south to Stone Dominoes secured three vital league points but it was a game of two halves and it started badly for the visitors when they went 1-0 down after just 61 seconds.

A foray down the right saw Stone’s Kerrigan get to the by-line and his cut back reached the unmarked Johns and his scuffed effort looped over Lee Novak into the net.

Fifteen minutes in and Town’s first chance came when Carl Osman broke from midfield before finding Ste Edwards who shot was well stopped by the home ‘keeper. It was Osman again who created Town’s next chance when his floated free kick was flicked towards goal and forced Bruce to clear over the bar for a corner.

As the half drew to a close the home side almost doubled their advantage; a goalmouth scramble saw an initial effort blocked by Town ‘keeper Novak before a second effort from Johns was touched onto the bar by the Town custodian.

The final chance of the half fell to Osman who shot narrowly over after good work from Shaun Judge.

Novak came to Town’s rescue at the start of the second period when he blocked well with his legs from Rowley. This proved to be the game’s turning point and Town took control of the game and equalised on 57 minutes. Osman played in Edwards who with his back to goal turned well before firing an effort which Bruce pushed away but only to find Brian Hatton who powered an effort hard and low into the right hand corner of the net from an acute angle.

Town took the lead just past the hour when Edwards was released on the left of the area and he got to the by-line, drawing the keeper before squaring to Scott McNair in the goalmouth which was full of players and he picked out Osman who lofted an effort over the defenders into the net.

The visitors secured the spoils on 75 minutes when Lee Crompton fed Edwards and he broke clear before rounding Bruce and applying an excellent finish finding the bottom left hand corner. Town host Runcorn Town this coming Saturday, September 29 with a 3pm kick off before welcoming AFC Blackpool to Edge Green Street the following Tuesday, October 2 with a 7.45pm kick off.