Liverpool St Helens 14 Kendal 36

A MUCH weakened Liverpool St Helens put up a brave and spirited display against a strong and experienced Kendal outfit in this North One West encounter.

Despite all their efforts however, the Moss Laners eventually succumbed to the inevitable, conceding 19 unanswered points in the last 25 minutes, 14 coming in the last five.

Kendal started strongly pressuring the LSH line immediately and after turning a scrum close to the line their pack powered over for James Thompson to score inside five minutes.

Glen Boardley converted, and added a penalty after 13 minutes. Thereafter Kendal had plenty of possession but spirited and coordinated tackling prevented any further score. They did reduce the arrears just after the half hour mark with an excellent try from Hull after the ball was moved swiftly from left to right for the hard working centre to score. Simon Worsley converted.

Sadly for LSH they conceded another try on the stroke of half time when Kendal executed a perfect line-out catch and drive for lock forward Reece Tomlinson to claim the try, converted again by Boardley.

LSH, sensing success among their backs, began the second half brightly and eventually put themselves within three points of their opponents at 14-17 with a superb try, involving most of their team.

A series of short passes among the forwards down the right flank then saw the ball swung out left through Dyer, Worsley, Laycock, and Webster to Sam Molyneux overlapping on the left.

Despite the attentions of two defenders the young flanker touched down by the left hand corner flag. Simon Worsley kicked the touchline conversion.

LSH joy was short-lived with tries from Garry Holmes, Richard Harryman and James Gough.

LSH travel to Kirkby Lonsdale on Saturday, KO 3pm.


Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree