Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
It hurt so much I couldn’t sit down! (Dave Donoghue - week one)
Well this is the first week of my 8 week challenge and I’m beginning to wonder what I have let myself in for, but I am sure it will be worth all the sweat and pain when I am lying on that beach in Ibiza in June.
The first week started ok, with a fitness test which all went ok, nothing too hard then came the next session two days later, which I suppose was a gentle introductions to what lies ahead for me, this consisted of 25 mins of circuits, then a 5 – 10 min high intensity finish, which felt like it went on for half an hour, that was when I started to think ‘ what the hell I am doing here’, Thursday came and I was feeling ok, no aches or pains, I thought hmmm this is going to be easier than I thought and what a mistake that was!
Friday’s session arrived, 30 minutes of circuits this time doing different exercises than Wed, then another 5 – 10 mins high intensity finish, it was a killer. Saturday morning came and I was aching in places I had never ached before, I could not even sit down as my bum cheeks hurt so much!, the pain continued into Sunday also.
In this section
- No lager is pretty hard to do! (David Donoghue)
- I can even fasten my pants!
- Is needing to up my game!
- Just to say .. no chocolate has touched my lips!
- Raising the bar (Dave Donoghue - week 2)
- Doing the bear walk of shame!
- Working through the pain
- The finishers ... do as they say ... finish you off! (Week 2 Monday)
- What will the weekend bring ... A hiccup with alcohol consumption...
- Resisting temptation