Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Two men taken to hospital after kitchen fire in Mill Lane Rainford
8:45am Tuesday 18th September 2012 in News
TWO men were taken to hospital to be treated for suspected smoke inhalation after a cooker caught fire.
Firefighters from Eccleston and Huyton were called to Mill Lane in Rainford at around 7.02pm last night. Wearing breathing equipment, they used CO2 extinguishers to put out the fire in the first floor kitchen, which was severely damaged.
The men, aged 24 and 27 were given a precautionary check up at Whiston Hospital.
The cause of the fire was said to be accidental.