Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Relatives of missing St Helens man Shane Carter take appeal to Manchester's streets
10:39am Thursday 12th July 2012 in News
THE friends and family of missing Shane Carter have flooded the streets of Manchester with flyers appealing for information about his whereabouts.
It has been a week since 19-year-old Shane, from Ellison Drive, Eccleston, vanished in the city centre and there has been no sign of him since.
A Facebook campaign has amassed more than 6,000 members with several reporting sightings of him.
One suggested that he had been seen outside a bar on Canal Street, while another sighting located him outside a newsagents on Monday (July 9).
Coming so soon after the death of Stone Roses fan Christopher Brahney, whose body was found in the canal near Salford Quays, people who joined the search for the tragic 22-year-old, have offered their help to trace Shane.
His sister Donner said his disappearance is totally “out of character”.
There have been countless offers of assistance, including Robbie Aden, who said he was taking two of Merseyside’s “best psychics”, to Piccadilly, in an attempt to retrace Shane’s footsteps.