YOU could have been forgiven for thinking Jurassic Park had landed in St Helens as giant stilt walking dinosaurs roamed the streets.
It was all part of the three day Summer Streets festival, which once again proved a huge success with thousands of people visiting the town to enjoy three days of fantastic entertainment.
Town centre visitors were treated to acrobats, stunt performers, dancers and dinosaurs in an action packed line-up.
Saurus the dinosaurs proved a massive hit as they roamed through the town peering through shop windows and eyeing up burgers as people tucked into their dinner at McDonalds.
They even pecked the windows at Caffe Nero on Ormskirk Street.
An estimated 10,000 visitors poured into the town centre in what marks the start of a summer programme of events.
Organisers had to contend with some wet weather on the Friday and Saturday, which led to some acts being switched to the indoor shopping centres.
The festival which continues to grow in size and popularity generated a real carnival atmosphere along Church Street.
It is hoped that the huge visitor numbers will provide a welcome boost to shops, restaurants and bars in the town centre.
These are just some of the best pictures taken at this year’s event.
- FRIENDLY: he may look ugly but this dinosaur likes a pat on the nose
- FOCUS OF ATTENTION: all eyes and camera phones were on the invaders
- CROWD-PULLERS: Saurus were one of the big attractions of Summer Streets
- GIMME A BURGER: They are a hungry bunch - as McDonalds customers found out
- TWISTS AND TURNS: Church Square crowds enjoy these acrobats
- PUPPET ON A STRING: some of the entertainment was a touch more subtle
ENJOYING THE FUN: Kalilka Walsh with a Chinese Dragon
- STUNTS: Comedian Ernest Magnifico was a favourite of the crowds
- AND he got some of them invovled in his acts
MAKING FRIENDS: Saurus