A HOST of summer events have been unveiled to draw families to St Helens town centre – including bringing the seaside to Church Square.
The Summer Beach returns on Tuesday and will run until Saturday, August 30.
Children can play with bucket and spades, enjoy funfair rides and watch entertainment.
Organisers St Helens Council has also teamed up with Church Square Shopping Centre and will be hosting a series free events and activities in Church Square and St Mary’s Arcade.
They range from pirate shows, to retile exhibitions and superhero themed craft workshops.
Free parking was introduced on Saturday for all on-street and off-street parking and is being trialled for the next year in a bid to increase visitor numbers to St Helens.
Announcing the programme, St Helens Council leader Barrie Grunewald said: “The Summer Beach is brilliant fun for the kids – and best of all it’s completely free. I’m sure it will keep kids and their parents happy, add some colour to the town centre and boost the local economy.”
The programme includes:
- Noon on Tuesday, August 5: Summer Beach Launch Church Square
- Tuesday, August 5 to Friday, August 8 between 11am and 3pm: Small Wonders Art Workshops at Church Square
- Friday, August 8, 11am to 4pm: Sand and Spade Craft Workshop at St Mary’s Arcade
- Saturday, August 9, noon, 1.45pm, 3.30pm: Seaside Variety Show at Church Square
- Thursday, August 14, 11 to 4pm: Reefs Reptiles Show at Church Square
- Friday, August 15, 11am to 4pm: Bags of Fun Craft Workshop at St Mary’s Arcade
- Saturday, August 16, noon, 1.45pm, 3.30pm: Punch & Judy Show at Church Square
- Friday, August 22, 11am to 4pm: Sound of the Elements Craft Workshop at St Mary’s Arcade
- Saturday, August 23 at noon, 1pm, 2.30pm and 3.30pm: Pirate Puppet Show at Church Square
- Friday, August 29, 11am to 4pm: Superhero Style Craft Workshop at St Mary’s Arcade
- Saturday, August 30, noon, 1.30pm & 3.15pm: Comedy Pirate Magic Show at Church Square