THE appointment of former Mayor of St Helens Andy Bowden to head public health is the only change to council leader Barrie Grunewald's new cabinet.
Cllr Bowden, whose term in the ambassadorial and non political role concluded last week, takes over the portfolio from Cllr Gareth Cross.
Bowden recently defeated Cross in a challenge for the deputy leadership of the St Helens Labour Group.
The nine-strong cabinet and their responsibilities are listed below.
- Councillor Barrie Grunewald Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Strategy, Governance & External Affairs - responsible for Audit and Governance, City Region Cabinet, Economic Development, Equalities, External Affairs, Events, Euro Funding Grants to Voluntary Organisations, Local Enterprise Partnership, Local Government Association, Policy Development, Press and Public Relations, Town Twinning and Town Centre.
- Councillor Jeff Fletcher Cabinet Member for Finance & Corporate Services - with responsibility for Budget Strategy & Implementation, Community Budgets, Financial Services, Legal Services Performance Management, Procurement , Quality Assurance and Social Inclusion.
- Councillor Richard McCauley Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Housing, Planning & Community Safety - with responsibility for Asset Management, Building Control, Chamber of Commerce Liaison, Community Safety, Contracts Management, Corporate Estate, Corporate Events, Crime Prevention Crime and Disorder Strategies, Development Control, Helena Board, Housing & Homelessness, Libraries and Adult Learning, Neighbourhood Initiatives, Neighbourhood Management, Planning (LDF), Public Transport Policy, Private Sector Liaison, Renewal, Supporting People , Supply chain development, Tourism and Urban Regeneration.
- Councillor Lynn Glover Cabinet Member for Early Years & Young People’s Services - with responsibility for Children’s Centres, Child Protection, Children’s Social Services, Early Years Development, Family Intervention, Fostering and Adoption, Red Bank, Safeguarding, Troubled Families Youth Offending, Youth Services and Volunteering.
- Councillor Sue Murphy Cabinet Member for Schools & Lifelong Learning (Statutory Lead For Children’s Service) – with responsibility for Adult Education, College Intervention, Connexions, Education Welfare, Governor Services, Nursery Schools, Primary, Secondary and Special Schools and School Intervention.
- Councillor Joe Pearson Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care & Health – with responsibility for Adult Social Services, Armed Forces Support, Clinical Commissioning Groups and Community, Health Services, Five Borough Trust Liaison, Health Watch, Health and Wellbeing Board, Hospital Liaison and Support, Social Services Modernisation Programme and Safeguarding.
- Councillor Seve Gomez-Aspron Cabinet Member for Environment & Neighbourhoods – with responsibility for Carbon Reduction & Sustainability, Cemeteries and Crematorium, Consumer Protection, Councillor Improvement Fund, Community Development, Environmental Health, Highways, Licensing, Parks and Open Spaces, Passenger Transport Liaison Recycling and Collection and Waste Disposal.
- Councillor Anthony Johnson Cabinet Member for IT, Communications & Human Resources – with responsibility for Customer Services Policies & Implementation, Contact Centre, Human Resources Strategy & Policy, IT Strategy and Policy, Member Development and Training, Public Consultations, Risk Management, Health & Safety and Emergency Planning, Service Access Points, Enforcement Forum, Welfare Reform and Child Poverty.
- Councillor Andy Bowden Cabinet Member for Public Health & Wellbeing – with responsibility for Accidental Injury Prevention, Cancer prevention, Culture and Arts, Dental Public Health Services Drugs and Alcohol Mis-use Services, Environmental Risks, Healthy Child programme Health Inequalities, Increasing Physical Activity, Immunisation and Screening Programmes, Nutritional Initiatives, National Child Measurement Programme Services, NHS Health Check Assessments, Leisure Services /Centres & Sports Development, Obesity and Weigh Management, Public health Services for Children Public health protection, Population health care advice to the NHS, Public mental health services, Reducing and preventing birth defects, Smoking Cessation, Support for community safety and violence prevention, Teenage Pregnancy / Sexual health services and contraception, Tobacco Control, Workplace health interventions and World of Glass.