Electrical fault suspected as cause of Sutton Indian takeaway blaze

St Helens Star: Indian takeaway blaze Indian takeaway blaze

AN Indian takeaway was severely damaged by fire early today.

Firefighters were called out at 2am to the Green Garlic Indian and Bangladeshi takeaway in Junction Road, Sutton.

Crews from St Helens, Eccleston and Whiston Sutton fought the blaze and remained at the scene for three hours.

A flat above the takeaway was affected by fire and smoke and an adjacent shop and flat were also damaged by smoke.

Nobody was injured in the blaze the cause of which is suspected to have been an electrical fault.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree