Wardens rescue bull terrier running loose in Garswood

St Helens Star: Do you recognise this dog? Do you recognise this dog?

A BULL terrier type dog which had been reported to St Helens Council after being seen running loose in Garswood today has been collected by dog wardens.

A resident contacted the council after the whie, male dog was spotted running loose along Old Garswood Road and on farmland.

A Council spokesman said: "When picked up, although wary, it is obviously used to vehicles as it promptly jumped into the back of the warden’s van without any fuss."

Anyone who may have witnessed the dog being left by the roadside or has any further information, should contact the Dog Welfare and Enforcement Service on 01744 676338.

Comments (40)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:03pm Thu 8 May 14

smith&weston says...

Just a ' weapon dog ", no doubt discard by some self appointed hard man. Put it down , we don't need this sort of dog on our streets.
Just a ' weapon dog ", no doubt discard by some self appointed hard man. Put it down , we don't need this sort of dog on our streets. smith&weston
  • Score: -11

12:02pm Sun 11 May 14

Leoncarl says...

How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.
How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON. Leoncarl
  • Score: -8

12:58pm Sun 11 May 14

kjd161 says...

Leoncarl wrote:
How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.
I agree with smith&weston.
[quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.[/p][/quote]I agree with smith&weston. kjd161
  • Score: 13

2:28pm Sun 11 May 14

Star_reader says...

kjd161 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.
I agree with smith&weston.
Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy?
[quote][p][bold]kjd161[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.[/p][/quote]I agree with smith&weston.[/p][/quote]Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy? Star_reader
  • Score: -21

7:02pm Sun 11 May 14

kjd161 says...

Star_reader wrote:
kjd161 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.
I agree with smith&weston.
Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Every single time you see a photo of a dog that's killed or seriously injured a child, it's one of these or very similar.Every single time. I've yet to see a pekinese or yorkie or poodle in the photo. So, I'm not small minded, just more realistic than some.
[quote][p][bold]Star_reader[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kjd161[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.[/p][/quote]I agree with smith&weston.[/p][/quote]Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy?[/p][/quote]Every single time you see a photo of a dog that's killed or seriously injured a child, it's one of these or very similar.Every single time. I've yet to see a pekinese or yorkie or poodle in the photo. So, I'm not small minded, just more realistic than some. kjd161
  • Score: 18

7:20pm Sun 11 May 14

Leoncarl says...

Well it isn't a BULL TERRIER for a start it's a American bulldog not a banned breed! It wasn't doing any harm was it was friendly as reported jumped straight in the wardens vehicle, so you condem it to death as the mindless person with the first comment said so, you can't judge a book by its cover or are you one of the stereotypicals? who likes to hide behind a keyboard and comment... I'd like to see you say to a coloured person they should be condemned to death because of there colour that's what your doing because of how the dog looks there's good and bad in all looks/races of life deal with it. It's the irresponsible owners not the dogs don't take it out on them.
Well it isn't a BULL TERRIER for a start it's a American bulldog not a banned breed! It wasn't doing any harm was it was friendly as reported jumped straight in the wardens vehicle, so you condem it to death as the mindless person with the first comment said so, you can't judge a book by its cover or are you one of the stereotypicals? who likes to hide behind a keyboard and comment... I'd like to see you say to a coloured person they should be condemned to death because of there colour that's what your doing because of how the dog looks there's good and bad in all looks/races of life deal with it. It's the irresponsible owners not the dogs don't take it out on them. Leoncarl
  • Score: -15

8:05pm Sun 11 May 14

kjd161 says...

Leoncarl wrote:
Well it isn't a BULL TERRIER for a start it's a American bulldog not a banned breed! It wasn't doing any harm was it was friendly as reported jumped straight in the wardens vehicle, so you condem it to death as the mindless person with the first comment said so, you can't judge a book by its cover or are you one of the stereotypicals? who likes to hide behind a keyboard and comment... I'd like to see you say to a coloured person they should be condemned to death because of there colour that's what your doing because of how the dog looks there's good and bad in all looks/races of life deal with it. It's the irresponsible owners not the dogs don't take it out on them.
What on earth are talking about. Are you seriously comparing human beings to dogs? By the way, if you were to tell a black person that they are coloured, you would be condemned as a racist(something which I am definitely not). Black people are deeply offended to be called coloured. I would think, after reading your ludicrous comments, they would also take umbridge with your ignorant remarks. End of comments on this thread.
[quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: Well it isn't a BULL TERRIER for a start it's a American bulldog not a banned breed! It wasn't doing any harm was it was friendly as reported jumped straight in the wardens vehicle, so you condem it to death as the mindless person with the first comment said so, you can't judge a book by its cover or are you one of the stereotypicals? who likes to hide behind a keyboard and comment... I'd like to see you say to a coloured person they should be condemned to death because of there colour that's what your doing because of how the dog looks there's good and bad in all looks/races of life deal with it. It's the irresponsible owners not the dogs don't take it out on them.[/p][/quote]What on earth are talking about. Are you seriously comparing human beings to dogs? By the way, if you were to tell a black person that they are coloured, you would be condemned as a racist(something which I am definitely not). Black people are deeply offended to be called coloured. I would think, after reading your ludicrous comments, they would also take umbridge with your ignorant remarks. End of comments on this thread. kjd161
  • Score: 19

11:59pm Sun 11 May 14

Leoncarl says...

kjd161 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
Well it isn't a BULL TERRIER for a start it's a American bulldog not a banned breed! It wasn't doing any harm was it was friendly as reported jumped straight in the wardens vehicle, so you condem it to death as the mindless person with the first comment said so, you can't judge a book by its cover or are you one of the stereotypicals? who likes to hide behind a keyboard and comment... I'd like to see you say to a coloured person they should be condemned to death because of there colour that's what your doing because of how the dog looks there's good and bad in all looks/races of life deal with it. It's the irresponsible owners not the dogs don't take it out on them.
What on earth are talking about. Are you seriously comparing human beings to dogs? By the way, if you were to tell a black person that they are coloured, you would be condemned as a racist(something which I am definitely not). Black people are deeply offended to be called coloured. I would think, after reading your ludicrous comments, they would also take umbridge with your ignorant remarks. End of comments on this thread.
Yes I am. Your saying how something looks should mean it deserves to be destroyed how heartless are you. See you have now ran away from further discussion as you know you was in the wrong with your lack of compassion to a animal that has caused no harm to anyone, as for a coloured person I did not state a black person did I so there is you jumping to conclusions yet again, I also like how people have disliked your comments on this post shows how other people think about your inadequate remarks I suggest you keep them to yourself in future to avoid making yourself look prejudice and a idiot seeing as you have a lack of compassion towards anything but yourself
[quote][p][bold]kjd161[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: Well it isn't a BULL TERRIER for a start it's a American bulldog not a banned breed! It wasn't doing any harm was it was friendly as reported jumped straight in the wardens vehicle, so you condem it to death as the mindless person with the first comment said so, you can't judge a book by its cover or are you one of the stereotypicals? who likes to hide behind a keyboard and comment... I'd like to see you say to a coloured person they should be condemned to death because of there colour that's what your doing because of how the dog looks there's good and bad in all looks/races of life deal with it. It's the irresponsible owners not the dogs don't take it out on them.[/p][/quote]What on earth are talking about. Are you seriously comparing human beings to dogs? By the way, if you were to tell a black person that they are coloured, you would be condemned as a racist(something which I am definitely not). Black people are deeply offended to be called coloured. I would think, after reading your ludicrous comments, they would also take umbridge with your ignorant remarks. End of comments on this thread.[/p][/quote]Yes I am. Your saying how something looks should mean it deserves to be destroyed how heartless are you. See you have now ran away from further discussion as you know you was in the wrong with your lack of compassion to a animal that has caused no harm to anyone, as for a coloured person I did not state a black person did I so there is you jumping to conclusions yet again, I also like how people have disliked your comments on this post shows how other people think about your inadequate remarks I suggest you keep them to yourself in future to avoid making yourself look prejudice and a idiot seeing as you have a lack of compassion towards anything but yourself Leoncarl
  • Score: -22

2:30pm Mon 12 May 14

barrie timpson says...

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=deLBEM8Xp
3w&feature=youtu.be&
app=desktop


And I quote from the BBC , "more people are treated in hospital for Labradour bites than they are from SBT's" and further "The SBT is the BEST house and family dog".
http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=deLBEM8Xp 3w&feature=youtu.be& app=desktop And I quote from the BBC , "more people are treated in hospital for Labradour bites than they are from SBT's" and further "The SBT is the BEST house and family dog". barrie timpson
  • Score: 6

6:17pm Mon 12 May 14

smith&weston says...

Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?
Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ? smith&weston
  • Score: 25

6:42pm Mon 12 May 14

Leoncarl says...

smith&weston wrote:
Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?
I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless
[quote][p][bold]smith&weston[/bold] wrote: Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?[/p][/quote]I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless Leoncarl
  • Score: -18

9:36pm Mon 12 May 14

barrie timpson says...

kjd161 wrote:
Star_reader wrote:
kjd161 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.
I agree with smith&weston.
Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Every single time you see a photo of a dog that's killed or seriously injured a child, it's one of these or very similar.Every single time. I've yet to see a pekinese or yorkie or poodle in the photo. So, I'm not small minded, just more realistic than some.
That's why I bring up "other breeds" , as somebody has already done it.

No such thing as a bad dog , just bad owners. You know Smithy for a man/woman who posts so many things that I agree with on here , I'm sad to be at odds over this.
[quote][p][bold]kjd161[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Star_reader[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kjd161[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.[/p][/quote]I agree with smith&weston.[/p][/quote]Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy?[/p][/quote]Every single time you see a photo of a dog that's killed or seriously injured a child, it's one of these or very similar.Every single time. I've yet to see a pekinese or yorkie or poodle in the photo. So, I'm not small minded, just more realistic than some.[/p][/quote]That's why I bring up "other breeds" , as somebody has already done it. No such thing as a bad dog , just bad owners. You know Smithy for a man/woman who posts so many things that I agree with on here , I'm sad to be at odds over this. barrie timpson
  • Score: 8

10:23pm Mon 12 May 14

smith&weston says...

barrie timpson wrote:
kjd161 wrote:
Star_reader wrote:
kjd161 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.
I agree with smith&weston.
Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Every single time you see a photo of a dog that's killed or seriously injured a child, it's one of these or very similar.Every single time. I've yet to see a pekinese or yorkie or poodle in the photo. So, I'm not small minded, just more realistic than some.
That's why I bring up "other breeds" , as somebody has already done it.

No such thing as a bad dog , just bad owners. You know Smithy for a man/woman who posts so many things that I agree with on here , I'm sad to be at odds over this.
No probs, we can't agree on everything !
[quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kjd161[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Star_reader[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kjd161[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: How about someone puts you down^ seeing as your a very narrow minded person, and for the record it is not a banned breed it is a American bulldog perfectly legit I own one myself good with all the family and other dogs. If anything it's other smaller dogs attack him/show aggression, get your facts right before you post prejudice comment SMITH&WESTON.[/p][/quote]I agree with smith&weston.[/p][/quote]Well your just as small minded, do you have feelings of inadequacy?[/p][/quote]Every single time you see a photo of a dog that's killed or seriously injured a child, it's one of these or very similar.Every single time. I've yet to see a pekinese or yorkie or poodle in the photo. So, I'm not small minded, just more realistic than some.[/p][/quote]That's why I bring up "other breeds" , as somebody has already done it. No such thing as a bad dog , just bad owners. You know Smithy for a man/woman who posts so many things that I agree with on here , I'm sad to be at odds over this.[/p][/quote]No probs, we can't agree on everything ! smith&weston
  • Score: -1

12:45am Tue 13 May 14

Keva68 says...

Leoncarl wrote:
smith&weston wrote:
Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?
I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless
I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth.
[quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smith&weston[/bold] wrote: Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?[/p][/quote]I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless[/p][/quote]I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth. Keva68
  • Score: 1

7:59am Tue 13 May 14

barrie timpson says...

That's because Great white sharks are not vicious creatures.
The risk posed to humans by them in greatly exaggerated and they may in fact not even like the taste of human flesh. GWS attacks on humans are thought to be a case of mistaken identity , in areas where their natural diet such as seals is abundant.
That's because Great white sharks are not vicious creatures. The risk posed to humans by them in greatly exaggerated and they may in fact not even like the taste of human flesh. GWS attacks on humans are thought to be a case of mistaken identity , in areas where their natural diet such as seals is abundant. barrie timpson
  • Score: 5

8:31am Tue 13 May 14

Leoncarl says...

Keva68 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
smith&weston wrote:
Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?
I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless
I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth.
A shark is a wild animal that cannot have its actions controlled/trained as all it has is the instinct of survival, plus if you thrown yourself in to sharks what do you expect completely irrelevant comment to compare a "domestic" dog to a wild hunting animal will be laughed at by many
[quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smith&weston[/bold] wrote: Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?[/p][/quote]I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless[/p][/quote]I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth.[/p][/quote]A shark is a wild animal that cannot have its actions controlled/trained as all it has is the instinct of survival, plus if you thrown yourself in to sharks what do you expect completely irrelevant comment to compare a "domestic" dog to a wild hunting animal will be laughed at by many Leoncarl
  • Score: 2

9:10am Tue 13 May 14

Keva68 says...

Leoncarl wrote:
Keva68 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
smith&weston wrote:
Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?
I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless
I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth.
A shark is a wild animal that cannot have its actions controlled/trained as all it has is the instinct of survival, plus if you thrown yourself in to sharks what do you expect completely irrelevant comment to compare a "domestic" dog to a wild hunting animal will be laughed at by many
Just pointing out without debating the entire animal kingdom you seem to think animals are safe if they are not showing their teeth:-) you can even judge the dogs temperament in the article by the picture printed.Dr Doolittle has got nothing on you he could only talk to them.
[quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smith&weston[/bold] wrote: Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?[/p][/quote]I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless[/p][/quote]I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth.[/p][/quote]A shark is a wild animal that cannot have its actions controlled/trained as all it has is the instinct of survival, plus if you thrown yourself in to sharks what do you expect completely irrelevant comment to compare a "domestic" dog to a wild hunting animal will be laughed at by many[/p][/quote]Just pointing out without debating the entire animal kingdom you seem to think animals are safe if they are not showing their teeth:-) you can even judge the dogs temperament in the article by the picture printed.Dr Doolittle has got nothing on you he could only talk to them. Keva68
  • Score: -1

9:35am Tue 13 May 14

Leoncarl says...

Keva68 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
Keva68 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
smith&weston wrote:
Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?
I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless
I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth.
A shark is a wild animal that cannot have its actions controlled/trained as all it has is the instinct of survival, plus if you thrown yourself in to sharks what do you expect completely irrelevant comment to compare a "domestic" dog to a wild hunting animal will be laughed at by many
Just pointing out without debating the entire animal kingdom you seem to think animals are safe if they are not showing their teeth:-) you can even judge the dogs temperament in the article by the picture printed.Dr Doolittle has got nothing on you he could only talk to them.
Immature comment^ well the wardens didn't have any trouble getting the dog in the truck it hopped in itself with no problems, so it has got to be one of these killer aggressive dogs that just want to attack people according to your invalid comments.
[quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smith&weston[/bold] wrote: Pathetic... throwing up assorted breed names in order to muddy the water. Why the need to own such a vicious looking dog in the first place ?[/p][/quote]I don't believe the dog looks vicious, it is not showing teeth or any threatening signs, sure many people will agree with me also. I believe you need educating about dogs as your obviously Clueless[/p][/quote]I don't believe Great White Sharks are vicious they swim around not showing their teeth.[/p][/quote]A shark is a wild animal that cannot have its actions controlled/trained as all it has is the instinct of survival, plus if you thrown yourself in to sharks what do you expect completely irrelevant comment to compare a "domestic" dog to a wild hunting animal will be laughed at by many[/p][/quote]Just pointing out without debating the entire animal kingdom you seem to think animals are safe if they are not showing their teeth:-) you can even judge the dogs temperament in the article by the picture printed.Dr Doolittle has got nothing on you he could only talk to them.[/p][/quote]Immature comment^ well the wardens didn't have any trouble getting the dog in the truck it hopped in itself with no problems, so it has got to be one of these killer aggressive dogs that just want to attack people according to your invalid comments. Leoncarl
  • Score: 6

12:49pm Tue 13 May 14

barrie timpson says...

I'm taking my dog for a walk now, please all pray for me ;)
I'm taking my dog for a walk now, please all pray for me ;) barrie timpson
  • Score: -1

4:01pm Tue 13 May 14

Sanjay_1985 says...

Funny isn't it that people forget that in recent years Jack Russel Terriers have killed people, yet I do not see that breed victimised the way people do with the "Pitbull types". Anyone who genuinely knows about dogs (and I mean all breeds not just what they keep) will be able to see that the dog doesn't pose a threat. Where it was found the fields contain animals and the report doesn't state that he had a group of horses in some distress does it? The dog waltzed into the back of the wardens van and didn't show any violent tendencies towards those who picked it up. So calls of "weapon dog" and other such ridiculous comments should be ignored. I own a Staff cross and we think the cross is Lab. He would probably appear menacing to some people but if you saw my in laws dog (Shih Tzu and Daschund) attack my dog what would you think? He has never reacted and the only dog displaying violence is the lap dog, All dogs can turn just like humans. If a dog is brought up in a house where violence is the norm what do you think he will do when he gets to the park? Punish the owner and don't get caught up with the media storm trying to ruin the name of Bull Terriers. And finally find out what the dog is first. Banned my right paw!!
Funny isn't it that people forget that in recent years Jack Russel Terriers have killed people, yet I do not see that breed victimised the way people do with the "Pitbull types". Anyone who genuinely knows about dogs (and I mean all breeds not just what they keep) will be able to see that the dog doesn't pose a threat. Where it was found the fields contain animals and the report doesn't state that he had a group of horses in some distress does it? The dog waltzed into the back of the wardens van and didn't show any violent tendencies towards those who picked it up. So calls of "weapon dog" and other such ridiculous comments should be ignored. I own a Staff cross and we think the cross is Lab. He would probably appear menacing to some people but if you saw my in laws dog (Shih Tzu and Daschund) attack my dog what would you think? He has never reacted and the only dog displaying violence is the lap dog, All dogs can turn just like humans. If a dog is brought up in a house where violence is the norm what do you think he will do when he gets to the park? Punish the owner and don't get caught up with the media storm trying to ruin the name of Bull Terriers. And finally find out what the dog is first. Banned my right paw!! Sanjay_1985
  • Score: 6

4:52pm Tue 13 May 14

Keva68 says...

Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it.
No thought not.
Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it. No thought not. Keva68
  • Score: -4

5:06pm Tue 13 May 14

barrie timpson says...

Maybe you could Kev?
Maybe you could Kev? barrie timpson
  • Score: 1

5:09pm Tue 13 May 14

barrie timpson says...

In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.
In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word. barrie timpson
  • Score: 1

7:40pm Tue 13 May 14

Jep1982 says...

My two dogs got let out by son by accident and ive been told i have to pay £110 each to get them back .. which i dont have as im currently in army training on a low wage and also my wife is back home payin all the bills on our home in st helens .. . To many staffs in dog homes across the country but i cant have my loved family pets back . Very upset and guted .. John Pennington tiger.82@hotmail.co.
uk
My two dogs got let out by son by accident and ive been told i have to pay £110 each to get them back .. which i dont have as im currently in army training on a low wage and also my wife is back home payin all the bills on our home in st helens .. . To many staffs in dog homes across the country but i cant have my loved family pets back . Very upset and guted .. John Pennington tiger.82@hotmail.co. uk Jep1982
  • Score: 1

7:41pm Tue 13 May 14

Jep1982 says...

My two dogs got let out by son by accident and ive been told i have to pay £110 each to get them back .. which i dont have as im currently in army training on a low wage and also my wife is back home payin all the bills on our home in st helens .. . To many staffs in dog homes across the country but i cant have my loved family pets back . Very upset and guted .. John Pennington tiger.82@hotmail.co.
uk
My two dogs got let out by son by accident and ive been told i have to pay £110 each to get them back .. which i dont have as im currently in army training on a low wage and also my wife is back home payin all the bills on our home in st helens .. . To many staffs in dog homes across the country but i cant have my loved family pets back . Very upset and guted .. John Pennington tiger.82@hotmail.co. uk Jep1982
  • Score: 1

7:41pm Tue 13 May 14

Jep1982 says...

My two dogs got let out by son by accident and ive been told i have to pay £110 each to get them back .. which i dont have as im currently in army training on a low wage and also my wife is back home payin all the bills on our home in st helens .. . To many staffs in dog homes across the country but i cant have my loved family pets back . Very upset and guted .. John Pennington tiger.82@hotmail.co.
uk
My two dogs got let out by son by accident and ive been told i have to pay £110 each to get them back .. which i dont have as im currently in army training on a low wage and also my wife is back home payin all the bills on our home in st helens .. . To many staffs in dog homes across the country but i cant have my loved family pets back . Very upset and guted .. John Pennington tiger.82@hotmail.co. uk Jep1982
  • Score: 0

7:59pm Tue 13 May 14

Jep1982 says...

Keva68 wrote:
Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it.
No thought not.
Well people do come forward for there dogs but cant afford get them back . Im so gutted
[quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it. No thought not.[/p][/quote]Well people do come forward for there dogs but cant afford get them back . Im so gutted Jep1982
  • Score: 1

8:06pm Tue 13 May 14

Keva68 says...

barrie timpson wrote:
Maybe you could Kev?
I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks.
But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays.
The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine.
Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue.
[quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: Maybe you could Kev?[/p][/quote]I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks. But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays. The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine. Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue. Keva68
  • Score: -2

8:27pm Tue 13 May 14

Leoncarl says...

barrie timpson wrote:
In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.
I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home
[quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.[/p][/quote]I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home Leoncarl
  • Score: 3

8:30pm Tue 13 May 14

Kevfob says...

I agree with that last comment. There needs to be a more robust process around dog ownership, too many people get involved in owning them for the short - term only, then realise the burden of ownership, both from a financial and time perspective.
With regards to the dog itself, I don't profess to be an expert on dogs or a lover, I struggle to tell the difference between some terriers and mongrels on occasions. However, my first reaction when I see that dog is nasty piece of work and if my children saw it they would think the same. Regardless of what the statistics are, the media have allowed dogs that look like the one on the image (regardless of it not being a banned breed) to be the default look for a bad and dangerous dog.
I agree with that last comment. There needs to be a more robust process around dog ownership, too many people get involved in owning them for the short - term only, then realise the burden of ownership, both from a financial and time perspective. With regards to the dog itself, I don't profess to be an expert on dogs or a lover, I struggle to tell the difference between some terriers and mongrels on occasions. However, my first reaction when I see that dog is nasty piece of work and if my children saw it they would think the same. Regardless of what the statistics are, the media have allowed dogs that look like the one on the image (regardless of it not being a banned breed) to be the default look for a bad and dangerous dog. Kevfob
  • Score: 2

8:39pm Tue 13 May 14

Keva68 says...

Leoncarl wrote:
barrie timpson wrote:
In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.
I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home
There you go Barrie the dogs yours its a good job caring people like yourself are around to stop dogs like this being put down.
[quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.[/p][/quote]I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home[/p][/quote]There you go Barrie the dogs yours its a good job caring people like yourself are around to stop dogs like this being put down. Keva68
  • Score: 3

9:29pm Tue 13 May 14

barrie timpson says...

Keva68 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
barrie timpson wrote:
In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.
I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home
There you go Barrie the dogs yours its a good job caring people like yourself are around to stop dogs like this being put down.
No my friend, my offer stands to you and you alone. You can come with me and I will gladly take the dog??
[quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.[/p][/quote]I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home[/p][/quote]There you go Barrie the dogs yours its a good job caring people like yourself are around to stop dogs like this being put down.[/p][/quote]No my friend, my offer stands to you and you alone. You can come with me and I will gladly take the dog?? barrie timpson
  • Score: -2

9:36pm Tue 13 May 14

Jep1982 says...

Keva68 wrote:
barrie timpson wrote: Maybe you could Kev?
I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks. But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays. The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine. Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue.
Vets bills i have insurance so get u facts right first .. before judeing.
[quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: Maybe you could Kev?[/p][/quote]I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks. But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays. The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine. Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue.[/p][/quote]Vets bills i have insurance so get u facts right first .. before judeing. Jep1982
  • Score: 1

9:36pm Tue 13 May 14

Jep1982 says...

Keva68 wrote:
barrie timpson wrote: Maybe you could Kev?
I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks. But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays. The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine. Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue.
Vets bills i have insurance so get u facts right first .. before judeing.
[quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: Maybe you could Kev?[/p][/quote]I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks. But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays. The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine. Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue.[/p][/quote]Vets bills i have insurance so get u facts right first .. before judeing. Jep1982
  • Score: 0

9:53pm Tue 13 May 14

Jep1982 says...

I just want my dogs back so they can be back with there family. And move away with me into army houseing. Loved and cared for just because im on a low wage at moment doesnt mean i shouldnt be able to own a dog or im a bad owner. . Like the other day on the news a lady head of a rescue centre was found to be neglecting dogs and not looking after them in her own home ..
I just want my dogs back so they can be back with there family. And move away with me into army houseing. Loved and cared for just because im on a low wage at moment doesnt mean i shouldnt be able to own a dog or im a bad owner. . Like the other day on the news a lady head of a rescue centre was found to be neglecting dogs and not looking after them in her own home .. Jep1982
  • Score: -1

9:55pm Tue 13 May 14

Keva68 says...

barrie timpson wrote:
Keva68 wrote:
Leoncarl wrote:
barrie timpson wrote:
In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.
I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home
There you go Barrie the dogs yours its a good job caring people like yourself are around to stop dogs like this being put down.
No my friend, my offer stands to you and you alone. You can come with me and I will gladly take the dog??
I don't really care what happens to the dog to be honest that's why i don't own one.But as a dog lover if your prepared to have it like you say just go and get it.
Or you can just leave it to be put down for the sake of me escorting you to pick it up.
[quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Leoncarl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: In fact I'll tell you what, I will take the dog if you agree to come with me to get it? I's as good as my word.[/p][/quote]I'd happily take you in my car to collect the dog and know it has gone to a good home, I'd have him but it would cause uproar at home one dog is enough apparantly:/ this one pictured looks just like my boy Arthur except Arthur is a bit larger I think it may be younger tho I suspect, american bulldogs are a great breed hope this poor dog finds a good home[/p][/quote]There you go Barrie the dogs yours its a good job caring people like yourself are around to stop dogs like this being put down.[/p][/quote]No my friend, my offer stands to you and you alone. You can come with me and I will gladly take the dog??[/p][/quote]I don't really care what happens to the dog to be honest that's why i don't own one.But as a dog lover if your prepared to have it like you say just go and get it. Or you can just leave it to be put down for the sake of me escorting you to pick it up. Keva68
  • Score: 3

9:57pm Tue 13 May 14

Keva68 says...

Jep1982 wrote:
Keva68 wrote:
barrie timpson wrote: Maybe you could Kev?
I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks. But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays. The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine. Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue.
Vets bills i have insurance so get u facts right first .. before judeing.
Right but you are probably going to let your dogs get put down because you cant afford to get them back.
Hence my point don't get dogs if you cant afford them or look after them properly.
[quote][p][bold]Jep1982[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: Maybe you could Kev?[/p][/quote]I don't want to own a dog as im responsible and realize that ,but i would suggest a dog lover takes it in as it will be destroyed in the next few weeks. But just think if all these idiots who profess to be animal lovers thought sensibly before buying a pet we wouldn't have a major problem with strays. The last post regarding not having a £110 is typical ,not got the money for vets fees as well to care for them i should imagine. Should introduce credit checks and licences that would go a long way to solving the issue.[/p][/quote]Vets bills i have insurance so get u facts right first .. before judeing.[/p][/quote]Right but you are probably going to let your dogs get put down because you cant afford to get them back. Hence my point don't get dogs if you cant afford them or look after them properly. Keva68
  • Score: 5

11:53pm Tue 13 May 14

barrie timpson says...

Keva68 wrote:
Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it.
No thought not.
It was your wise idea that somebody from this site take the dog. Then you spoke prematurely that none of us would. I am offering to take the dog , if you take me.
[quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it. No thought not.[/p][/quote]It was your wise idea that somebody from this site take the dog. Then you spoke prematurely that none of us would. I am offering to take the dog , if you take me. barrie timpson
  • Score: -4

12:29am Wed 14 May 14

Keva68 says...

barrie timpson wrote:
Keva68 wrote:
Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it.
No thought not.
It was your wise idea that somebody from this site take the dog. Then you spoke prematurely that none of us would. I am offering to take the dog , if you take me.
I don't remember offering to accompany someone picking it up ,i don't particularly care what happens to it.
So again if its not clear enough for you "maybe one of the dog lovers off this site could take it in and save it".
No thought not.
So as for speaking prematurely i would say not.
[quote][p][bold]barrie timpson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Keva68[/bold] wrote: Pity but chances are no one will come forward for this dog and it will end up being destroyed anyway.Maybe one of the dog lovers on this site could take it in and save it. No thought not.[/p][/quote]It was your wise idea that somebody from this site take the dog. Then you spoke prematurely that none of us would. I am offering to take the dog , if you take me.[/p][/quote]I don't remember offering to accompany someone picking it up ,i don't particularly care what happens to it. So again if its not clear enough for you "maybe one of the dog lovers off this site could take it in and save it". No thought not. So as for speaking prematurely i would say not. Keva68
  • Score: 1

8:49am Wed 14 May 14

barrie timpson says...

Large mouth - little substance.
Large mouth - little substance. barrie timpson
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree