Care worker leads elderly woman to safety during kitchen fire

Fry Street St Helens

Fry Street St Helens

First published in News

AN elderly woman was led to safety by her care worker when a fire broke out in a kitchen at sheltered accommodation, firefighters say.

The fire broke out in Fry Street, St Helens shortly after 1pm on Saturday.

The woman was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to Whiston Hospital suffering from slight smoke inhalation.

The kitchen and living room were damaged by fire.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree