Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Stage set for Steve Prescott tribute
12:17pm Friday 21st February 2014 in News
WHEN Taylor Prescott steps forward tonight to speak at the unveiling of the bridge in his father’s name he will have the support of two sets of Super League supporters behind him.
Taylor, 12, who delivered a highly emotional speech at his father’s funeral will be one of the speakers at the ceremony this evening to mark the renaming of the Saints footbridge, which links Langtree Park with St Helens town centre.
With performances from St Helens singers Tom Loughlin and Sophia Ben-Yousef it promises to be a fitting curtain raiser to the clash between Steve’s former clubs Saints and Hull FC, two teams united by their bond with Steve.
Taylor who will be accompanied by his brother Koby and proud mum Linzi will be speaking alongside Saints chairman Eamonn McManus, BBC Radio Five Live’s George Riley and council leader Barrie Grunewald.
The timetable of events is as follows:
- 5.30pm – Event opens with welcome from George Riley of BBC Radio Five Live
- 5.32pm – Performance: Tom Loughlin ‘Impossible Dream’
- 5.40pm – Speech: Eamonn McManus
- 5.43pm – Performance: Sophia Ben-Yousef ‘Proud’
- 5.55pm – Speech: Leader of St Helens Council Barrie Grunewald
- 6pm – Speech: Taylor Prescott
- 6.10pm – Presentation of bridge signage designs to Linzi Prescott
- 6.20pm – Event closes with performance from St John Vianney Primary School ‘You Raise Me Up’ accompanied by Tom Loughlin