Tumble dryer burst into flames

St Helens Star: Tumble dryer burst into flames Tumble dryer burst into flames

A HOMEOWNER has been praised by firefighters after taking prompt action when a tumble dryer burst into flames.

Fire crews were called to a property on Simonstone Grove in Sutton at around 8.20pm on Monday, January 20.

Two firefighters wearing breathing equipment used a main hose to tackle the fire which was put out in around 25 minutes.

The fire destroyed the tumble dryer and part of a work surface along with an extractor fan and carbon monoxide alarm.

Watch manager Ian Pollock who attended the call out with White Watch from St Helens and Newton fire stations said: “The occupier heard a bang and saw smoke coming from the tumble dryer. They did the sensible thing and closed the kitchen door, evacuated the premises and called 999.

“We advise if people discover a fire to get out, stay out and call 999. We also advise people have working smoke alarms on each level of their home.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree