Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Four taken to hospital after chip shop fire
8:29am Wednesday 23rd October 2013 in News
FOUR people were taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a chip shop.
Firefighters were called as the takeaway on Hard Lane filled with fumes shortly before 10.50am on Tuesday.
A 25-year-old woman suffered suspected smoke inhalation and was given oxygen by firefighters.
A 46-year-old man, a 40-year-old woman and 30-year-old man also suffered suspected smoke inhalation.
Ambulances took all four to hospital.
The fire – involving a chip fryer - is believed to have been accidental and caused by a suspected electrical fault, according to Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service.
The rear of the shop and shop front were damaged by smoke and there was minor damage to a flat above the takeaway.
Fire crews from Newton-le-Willows and Eccleston community fire stations were on the scene for an hour.