Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Tortoise enclosure sparks house fire
5:13pm Monday 7th October 2013 in News
PARAMEDICS took a man suffering from smoke inhalation to hospital – after a tortoise enclosure sparked a fire at a house.
Firefighters were called to the ground floor living room of the property on Bishop Road shortly after 8pm on Saturday (October 5).
The fire involved part of a tortoise vivarium, which is a special enclosure designed for a tortoise.
Two people were treated at the scene by paramedics for suspected smoke inhalation. A man was taken to Whiston Hospital for a check-up.
The tortoise, meanwhile, was rescued.
Comments are closed on this article.