Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Four treated for smoke inhalation after Saturday night chip pan blaze
2:16pm Tuesday 27th August 2013 in News
SENIOR firefighters have underlined the dangers of leaving cooking unattended after a chip pan blaze on Saturday night led to four men being treated for smoke inhalation.
Crews were called shortly after 11pm on Saturday, August 24, to Ashurst Drive, Blackbrook after the fire broke out.
Four men were checked for smoke inhalation by paramedics as a precaution and firefighters extinguished the flames.
A chip pan was severely damaged by fire and there was also smoke damage to the kitchen.
Three fire engines had been called out.
The next day crews visited properties in the area to highlight fire safety and carried out 17 home safety checks.
Watch Manager Jim Brammeier, based at St Helens Community Fire Station, said: “We would like to re-inforce to the public the importance of never leaving any cooking unattended.
"Chip pan fires can be extremely dangerous with disastrous consequences if they are allowed to develop.
“We also advise people have working smoke alarms on each level of their home and they test them each week by pressing the test button.”
Comments are closed on this article.