Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Eleven face court on drugs plot charges
10:00am Monday 18th March 2013 in News
TEN adults and a teenage boy appeared in court to face charges that were brought following a lengthy police investigation into a series of drive-by shootings and arson attacks.
The defendants were charged earlier this month with committing alleged offences in St Helens between May 2011 and June 2012.
Detectives from the police’s specialist Matrix unit have led an investigation into a spate of flare ups, which saw gunshots fired at houses and cars torched in Parr and Sutton.
Appearing before district judge Wendy Lloyd at St Helens Magistrates’ Court, four men faced charges of conspiracy to supply a class A drug, conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life or enable another to do so, and conspiracy to commit arson.
The four facing the charges are:
- Alan Paul Doolan, 22, and David John Doolan, 27, both of Gray Street Bootle
- Crimea Eugene Price, 33, from Tilbury Grove, Leeds
- Christopher Joseph Lunt, 26, from Sandy, Lane, Wigan.
Also appearing to at court to face charges of conspiracy to supply diamorphine and crack cocaine, were:
- Stephen Dennis Finney, 20, from Lambourne Grove, St Helens
- Mark Christian Jervis, 32, from Surrey Street, St Helens
- Christopher Michael Kendall, 28, from Boardmans Lane, Blackbrook
- Norman Worrall, 57, from Chester Avenue in Bootle
- Deborah Jane Ballard, 43, from Cleveland Street, Marshalls Cross
- A 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
Meanwhile, Karl McGarry, 25, from Denford Road in Liverpool who was remanded in custody, is facing a charge of conspiracy to commit arson and conspiracy to supply diamorphine and crack cocaine.
The other 10 defendants were placed on conditional bail.
Conditions of bail for Price, Lunt and the Doolans state they must not enter the St Helens borough unless it is for a court appearance.
They are due at Liverpool Crown Court on Thursday, March 28.