Judge: Cannabis rots your brain

St Helens Star: Judge: Cannabis rots your brain Judge: Cannabis rots your brain

A CROWN court judge has become the second senior figure in the judiciary to condemn the devastating impact of cannabis on lives.

Jailing a man for involvement with a commercial-scale cannabis farm in St Helens, Judge Thomas Teague at Liverpool Crown Court said: “Anyone who takes cannabis is rotting their brain.”

His stark message came a fortnight after His Honour Judge Everett, speaking at the same court, handed lengthy jail terms to three St Helens men for a vicious street attack, described the Class B drug as “evil”.

In the case, overseen by Judge Teague, the court heard when police raided a rented flat in Knowsley Road in March last year, they found four rooms had been converted into a cannabis farm.

Experts estimated the potential yield of almost 10 kilos to have a street value of up to £192,000.

Leslie Haury, 42, pleaded guilty to cultivating cannabis on the basis that he had been asked by others to mind the plants, although he was not involved in growing them.

Forensic experts found Haury’s fingerprints on a seed tray, plastic sheeting, bin bags, beer cans and other items.

Haury, of Austin Avenue, Thatto Heath. claimed he had been invited to the flat by a man he met in a pub but knew nothing about cannabis plants.

Sentencing him to 21 months imprisonment, the judge said only a custodial sentence was justified.

The term was reduced because of the ill-health of Haury’s parents, who he lives with and looks after.

Earlier this month, Judge Everett condemned cannabis as he sentenced three men for an attack in Sutton Manor that left a father-of-three with fractured eye sockets and severe bruising.

After hearing one of the attackers had a history of cannabis use, the judge said: “It’s an evil drug – one that causes mental health problems.”

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:20am Fri 1 Feb 13

alan420 says...

Judges need a more thorough education. Cannabis is an unusual substance in that it has the ability to make brain cells regrow, making it an excellent way of halting Alzheimer's disease
Judges need a more thorough education. Cannabis is an unusual substance in that it has the ability to make brain cells regrow, making it an excellent way of halting Alzheimer's disease alan420
  • Score: 0

9:23am Fri 1 Feb 13

AB3 says...

I would like to challenge this judge to produce scientific evidence to support his claim that cannabis use rots the brain as it is nonsense.

Not only is the claim unfounded on factual grounds to do with brain and cannabis chemistry, but just LOOK at some of the people that have admitted to using cannabis: a large number of MP's, pop and music stars from the 1960's and beyond, poets, film stars, writers - scientists like Carl Sagan - huge numbers of graduates - policemen, lawyers and bigwigs - the list is far too large to name them.

Cannabis is also used widely in its raw form, smoked or vaporised or eaten - in Holland, German, Czech, Spain, Italy, USA, Canada - and "Sativex" (a whole plant extract in alcohol) is prescribed in the UK.

Obviously the judge is trying to stop people from using cannabis but blatant unfounded trash like his claim is going to have no effect.

Prison, on the other hand, especially for people that have actually done no harm and done nothing more than break an unfounded and unjust political law, harms many.
I would like to challenge this judge to produce scientific evidence to support his claim that cannabis use rots the brain as it is nonsense. Not only is the claim unfounded on factual grounds to do with brain and cannabis chemistry, but just LOOK at some of the people that have admitted to using cannabis: a large number of MP's, pop and music stars from the 1960's and beyond, poets, film stars, writers - scientists like Carl Sagan - huge numbers of graduates - policemen, lawyers and bigwigs - the list is far too large to name them. Cannabis is also used widely in its raw form, smoked or vaporised or eaten - in Holland, German, Czech, Spain, Italy, USA, Canada - and "Sativex" (a whole plant extract in alcohol) is prescribed in the UK. Obviously the judge is trying to stop people from using cannabis but blatant unfounded trash like his claim is going to have no effect. Prison, on the other hand, especially for people that have actually done no harm and done nothing more than break an unfounded and unjust political law, harms many. AB3
  • Score: 0

9:25am Fri 1 Feb 13

stukaville says...

This judge would do himself and the people he sits in judgement of if he made himself aware of some basic facts about cannabis. Casual use of Cannabis does not rot the brain, infact it has many health benefits. One of the active compounds in Cannabis has been repeatedly shown to have anti cancer properties, infact e-therapeutics is currently conducting trials on a drug based on a Cannabis compound which has neuro protection properties but is also showing promise in fighting tumors.

http://www.bloomberg
.com/news/2012-09-27
/cannabis-like-drug-
from-e-therapeutics-
tested-in-cancer.htm
l
This judge would do himself and the people he sits in judgement of if he made himself aware of some basic facts about cannabis. Casual use of Cannabis does not rot the brain, infact it has many health benefits. One of the active compounds in Cannabis has been repeatedly shown to have anti cancer properties, infact e-therapeutics is currently conducting trials on a drug based on a Cannabis compound which has neuro protection properties but is also showing promise in fighting tumors. http://www.bloomberg .com/news/2012-09-27 /cannabis-like-drug- from-e-therapeutics- tested-in-cancer.htm l stukaville
  • Score: 0

10:11am Fri 1 Feb 13

sinisterlord says...

Would someone please protect us from judges like this? Some poor man has just had his life ruined for growing a mildly psychoactive plant with medicinal benefits. Some people are beyond re-education and it is my belief that this judge should be disbarred.
Would someone please protect us from judges like this? Some poor man has just had his life ruined for growing a mildly psychoactive plant with medicinal benefits. Some people are beyond re-education and it is my belief that this judge should be disbarred. sinisterlord
  • Score: 0

10:23am Fri 1 Feb 13

malcolmkyle says...

My dear Judge Thomas Teague, like all other past and futile attempts at curbing "man's desire to alter his consciousness", marijuana prohibition is rooted in hate, paranoia, racism, misinformation, half-truths, and outright lies —It's your right to disagree, just please try to remain factual..

There is no debate: Marijuana is absolutely safer than alcohol, tobacco, and all prescription and over-the-counter medicines, while Prohibition, a costly nightmare that enriches both criminals and corrupt politicians, is a threat to us all.
My dear Judge Thomas Teague, like all other past and futile attempts at curbing "man's desire to alter his consciousness", marijuana prohibition is rooted in hate, paranoia, racism, misinformation, half-truths, and outright lies —It's your right to disagree, just please try to remain factual.. There is no debate: Marijuana is absolutely safer than alcohol, tobacco, and all prescription and over-the-counter medicines, while Prohibition, a costly nightmare that enriches both criminals and corrupt politicians, is a threat to us all. malcolmkyle
  • Score: 0

10:35am Fri 1 Feb 13

anthonywilson says...

Most of those who have posted so far sound like a bunch of apologists for the Cannabis Growers Association of St Helens. I would agree that the Judges use of terminology might not be the best in scientific terms but there is an equal and if not greater amount of evidence that contradicts what you are all spouting. This is what the Royal College of Psychiatrists have to say about it. http://www.rcpsych.a
c.uk/expertadvice/pr
oblems/alcoholanddru
gs/cannabis.aspx
Most of those who have posted so far sound like a bunch of apologists for the Cannabis Growers Association of St Helens. I would agree that the Judges use of terminology might not be the best in scientific terms but there is an equal and if not greater amount of evidence that contradicts what you are all spouting. This is what the Royal College of Psychiatrists have to say about it. http://www.rcpsych.a c.uk/expertadvice/pr oblems/alcoholanddru gs/cannabis.aspx anthonywilson
  • Score: 0

11:10am Fri 1 Feb 13

trhippy says...

The judge is totally out of touch with public opinion and modern research. 21 months custodial is an archaic sentence, making St Helens look like its living in the past. People ignore the laws on cannabis because they know from experience that people like this judge who justify the law are lying or don't have a clue!

All that money wasted on a bit of weed when heroin and crack are stealing people's children and causing harm to victims of assault and burglary.
The judge is totally out of touch with public opinion and modern research. 21 months custodial is an archaic sentence, making St Helens look like its living in the past. People ignore the laws on cannabis because they know from experience that people like this judge who justify the law are lying or don't have a clue! All that money wasted on a bit of weed when heroin and crack are stealing people's children and causing harm to victims of assault and burglary. trhippy
  • Score: 0

11:13am Fri 1 Feb 13

Win Matthews says...

Anthony, why get insulting and call people names, not good debating skills..

I'd dispute the vested interest of that report of what the Royal College of Psychiatrists , as cannabis rather than damaging the brain is healing, and has no casual like to any mental illness, unlike the drug caffeine, which seems to be getting ignored in our cooperate commercial controllers of recreational highs. Please wake up and smell the coffee, These Psychiatrists would have more to loose for there bosses the Pharmaceutical Profitable pills and potions imo,
Anthony, why get insulting and call people names, not good debating skills.. I'd dispute the vested interest of that report of what the Royal College of Psychiatrists , as cannabis rather than damaging the brain is healing, and has no casual like to any mental illness, unlike the drug caffeine, which seems to be getting ignored in our cooperate commercial controllers of recreational highs. Please wake up and smell the coffee, These Psychiatrists would have more to loose for there bosses the Pharmaceutical Profitable pills and potions imo, Win Matthews
  • Score: 0

11:14am Fri 1 Feb 13

gcmercier says...

The judge in this case has poor knowledge of cannabis. He needs to read scientific and medical research on cannabis that demonstrates that cannabis is both less harmful and less addictive than alcohol and tobacco.

The prohibition of cannabis is a total waste of our taxes. It's a drain on the resources of the police, courts and prisons and it locks away non-violent pseudo-criminals who harm neither themselves, nor others with their consumption.
The judge in this case has poor knowledge of cannabis. He needs to read scientific and medical research on cannabis that demonstrates that cannabis is both less harmful and less addictive than alcohol and tobacco. The prohibition of cannabis is a total waste of our taxes. It's a drain on the resources of the police, courts and prisons and it locks away non-violent pseudo-criminals who harm neither themselves, nor others with their consumption. gcmercier
  • Score: 0

11:16am Fri 1 Feb 13

gcmercier says...

The courts, the UK government and the police, as well as this newspaper, need to realise that a majority of the UK population is opposed to the prohibition of cannabis.
The courts, the UK government and the police, as well as this newspaper, need to realise that a majority of the UK population is opposed to the prohibition of cannabis. gcmercier
  • Score: 0

11:21am Fri 1 Feb 13

sinisterlord says...

@anthonytwilson:- It is a known fact that cannabis use has increased dramatically over the past couple of generations. However no such increase of mental health problems (specifically schizophrenia which is perceived as the main 'culprit') have been observed. For example see the below study by Keele University:-
http://www.ukcia.org
/research/keele_stud
y/Assessing-the-impa
ct-of-cannabis.pdf

I'm aware that strictly speaking the jury is still somewhat out on the harm issue but one thing is for certain and that is relatively speaking cannabis is far less harmful than alcohol no matter how you interpret the available data.
We need to remove drug use and abuse from the criminal justice system as a matter of priority in this country in order to prevent further harm. This (as this judge has demonstrated) is clearly an issue for health professionals not legal ones.
@anthonytwilson:- It is a known fact that cannabis use has increased dramatically over the past couple of generations. However no such increase of mental health problems (specifically schizophrenia which is perceived as the main 'culprit') have been observed. For example see the below study by Keele University:- http://www.ukcia.org /research/keele_stud y/Assessing-the-impa ct-of-cannabis.pdf I'm aware that strictly speaking the jury is still somewhat out on the harm issue but one thing is for certain and that is relatively speaking cannabis is far less harmful than alcohol no matter how you interpret the available data. We need to remove drug use and abuse from the criminal justice system as a matter of priority in this country in order to prevent further harm. This (as this judge has demonstrated) is clearly an issue for health professionals not legal ones. sinisterlord
  • Score: 0

12:10pm Fri 1 Feb 13

anthonywilson says...

Win Matthews wrote:
Anthony, why get insulting and call people names, not good debating skills.. I'd dispute the vested interest of that report of what the Royal College of Psychiatrists , as cannabis rather than damaging the brain is healing, and has no casual like to any mental illness, unlike the drug caffeine, which seems to be getting ignored in our cooperate commercial controllers of recreational highs. Please wake up and smell the coffee, These Psychiatrists would have more to loose for there bosses the Pharmaceutical Profitable pills and potions imo,
Touched a nerve have we.

I think its a lot of people on here who need to wake and smell the coffee. You can quote all the research you like supporting that its not harmful but there is an equal amount of research to counteract what you and others are saying irrespective of where the research originates from. I'd rather trust what a professional organisation such as the RCP than which presents a more balanced view than you might realise that's if you had bothered to read what their findings had to say.
SinesterLord quotes a study by Keele University saying cannabis use doesn't cause any increase in schizophrenia when another drugs study published in November 2012 from the University of Bergen suggests the exact opposite. http://www.scienceda
ily.com/releases/201
2/11/121102084632.ht
m
[quote][p][bold]Win Matthews[/bold] wrote: Anthony, why get insulting and call people names, not good debating skills.. I'd dispute the vested interest of that report of what the Royal College of Psychiatrists , as cannabis rather than damaging the brain is healing, and has no casual like to any mental illness, unlike the drug caffeine, which seems to be getting ignored in our cooperate commercial controllers of recreational highs. Please wake up and smell the coffee, These Psychiatrists would have more to loose for there bosses the Pharmaceutical Profitable pills and potions imo,[/p][/quote]Touched a nerve have we. I think its a lot of people on here who need to wake and smell the coffee. You can quote all the research you like supporting that its not harmful but there is an equal amount of research to counteract what you and others are saying irrespective of where the research originates from. I'd rather trust what a professional organisation such as the RCP than which presents a more balanced view than you might realise that's if you had bothered to read what their findings had to say. SinesterLord quotes a study by Keele University saying cannabis use doesn't cause any increase in schizophrenia when another drugs study published in November 2012 from the University of Bergen suggests the exact opposite. http://www.scienceda ily.com/releases/201 2/11/121102084632.ht m anthonywilson
  • Score: 0

12:35pm Fri 1 Feb 13

sinisterlord says...

@Anthonwilson: So we at least agree that the jury's out on the harm issue. I'm sure we could spend all day referring each other to various studies but the real point here is that substance use should be a matter for health and not criminal justice. I really can see little point in harming or further harming individuals via judicial process who have done so little (if anything) to harm either themselves or more importantly society. We need to educate & regulate here not just lock people up at tax payers expense.
@Anthonwilson: So we at least agree that the jury's out on the harm issue. I'm sure we could spend all day referring each other to various studies but the real point here is that substance use should be a matter for health and not criminal justice. I really can see little point in harming or further harming individuals via judicial process who have done so little (if anything) to harm either themselves or more importantly society. We need to educate & regulate here not just lock people up at tax payers expense. sinisterlord
  • Score: 0

3:13pm Fri 1 Feb 13

anthonywilson says...

sinisterlord wrote:
@Anthonwilson: So we at least agree that the jury's out on the harm issue. I'm sure we could spend all day referring each other to various studies but the real point here is that substance use should be a matter for health and not criminal justice. I really can see little point in harming or further harming individuals via judicial process who have done so little (if anything) to harm either themselves or more importantly society. We need to educate & regulate here not just lock people up at tax payers expense.
Its a matter for both health and criminal justice.

I agree we need far better education than at present but neither can we ignore the potential increased danger for more road deaths caused by people driving when under the influence of drugs including cannabis.
[quote][p][bold]sinisterlord[/bold] wrote: @Anthonwilson: So we at least agree that the jury's out on the harm issue. I'm sure we could spend all day referring each other to various studies but the real point here is that substance use should be a matter for health and not criminal justice. I really can see little point in harming or further harming individuals via judicial process who have done so little (if anything) to harm either themselves or more importantly society. We need to educate & regulate here not just lock people up at tax payers expense.[/p][/quote]Its a matter for both health and criminal justice. I agree we need far better education than at present but neither can we ignore the potential increased danger for more road deaths caused by people driving when under the influence of drugs including cannabis. anthonywilson
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Fri 1 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

I used cannabis for nearly 20 years. I am of the opinion that you are better of without it. I managed to lead a normal life and even remain very fit whilst supporting a daily and nightly hashish habit. When I married and had a child I stopped - and the difference in me was unreal. Happier healthier less paranoid and so on. I do not support the legalisation of cannabis and although there are far worse things (even alcohol) I think the country would be a far worse place if it were to be legalised. But that's just my opinion.
I used cannabis for nearly 20 years. I am of the opinion that you are better of without it. I managed to lead a normal life and even remain very fit whilst supporting a daily and nightly hashish habit. When I married and had a child I stopped - and the difference in me was unreal. Happier healthier less paranoid and so on. I do not support the legalisation of cannabis and although there are far worse things (even alcohol) I think the country would be a far worse place if it were to be legalised. But that's just my opinion. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

5:54pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Stecal2004 says...

Keeping any drug illegal causes more harm than good. Users are having to break the law and mix in circles they would never if legalised. Prohibition causes black market trade, with prices set at whatever unscrupulous people want, which then causes people who are dependant on substances to spend more on whatever instead of other things, thus creating the lifestyle we see. Crime rates soar because of prohibition, jails are full people who have done no injustice or harm to other people.
It's time the government listened. The recent cross party commission on drugs and looked to reform the law, even police chiefs are saying the same. But sadly this will not happen, the private prisons, pharmaceutical company's and even the rehabilitation centres to name just a few all have too much money to lose if "the war on drugs" was ended, and the government would not want to bite the hand that feeds it.
Keeping any drug illegal causes more harm than good. Users are having to break the law and mix in circles they would never if legalised. Prohibition causes black market trade, with prices set at whatever unscrupulous people want, which then causes people who are dependant on substances to spend more on whatever instead of other things, thus creating the lifestyle we see. Crime rates soar because of prohibition, jails are full people who have done no injustice or harm to other people. It's time the government listened. The recent cross party commission on drugs and looked to reform the law, even police chiefs are saying the same. But sadly this will not happen, the private prisons, pharmaceutical company's and even the rehabilitation centres to name just a few all have too much money to lose if "the war on drugs" was ended, and the government would not want to bite the hand that feeds it. Stecal2004
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Fri 1 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

Exactly Ste , it's a real bummer you can't just nip to Asda and get a decent bag of Heroin.
Exactly Ste , it's a real bummer you can't just nip to Asda and get a decent bag of Heroin. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

6:11pm Fri 1 Feb 13

moreachesandpains says...

@anthonywilson. I think you will find that none of your arguments are supported by empirical research. There is a huge body of evidence supporting cannabis' beneficial health effects. Look at what is happening in Israel. And the car crash theory is another of you r ill researched 'opinions'. Research has found that cannabis enhances driving as it makes drivers more cautious. Even insurance companies say so : http://www.prweb.com
/releases/prweb2012/
4/prweb9375729.htm . Please drop your antiquated prejudices and do some real research before spouting unsubstantiated daily mail propaganda.
@anthonywilson. I think you will find that none of your arguments are supported by empirical research. There is a huge body of evidence supporting cannabis' beneficial health effects. Look at what is happening in Israel. And the car crash theory is another of you r ill researched 'opinions'. Research has found that cannabis enhances driving as it makes drivers more cautious. Even insurance companies say so : http://www.prweb.com /releases/prweb2012/ 4/prweb9375729.htm . Please drop your antiquated prejudices and do some real research before spouting unsubstantiated daily mail propaganda. moreachesandpains
  • Score: 0

6:37pm Fri 1 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

It's always safer to take the knock at the wheel. Be crazy not to.
It's always safer to take the knock at the wheel. Be crazy not to. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

6:40pm Fri 1 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

That bloody Daily mail again.
That bloody Daily mail again. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

6:46pm Fri 1 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

http://blogs.scienti
ficamerican.com/obse
rvations/2012/02/09/
smoke-and-mirrors-dr
iving-while-on-marij
uana-doubles-ones-ch
ances-of-a-serious-c
ar-crash/
http://blogs.scienti ficamerican.com/obse rvations/2012/02/09/ smoke-and-mirrors-dr iving-while-on-marij uana-doubles-ones-ch ances-of-a-serious-c ar-crash/ pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:30pm Fri 1 Feb 13

anthonywilson says...

moreachesandpains wrote:
@anthonywilson. I think you will find that none of your arguments are supported by empirical research. There is a huge body of evidence supporting cannabis' beneficial health effects. Look at what is happening in Israel. And the car crash theory is another of you r ill researched 'opinions'. Research has found that cannabis enhances driving as it makes drivers more cautious. Even insurance companies say so : http://www.prweb.com

/releases/prweb2012/

4/prweb9375729.htm . Please drop your antiquated prejudices and do some real research before spouting unsubstantiated daily mail propaganda.
I'm a Guardian and Independent newspaper reader actually, so much for what you know then.

Your statement inferring that Cannabis enhances driving ability is one of the most crazy things I have ever read. Do you think the moon is also made of cream cheese by the way? http://www.bbc.co.uk
/news/health-1696111
2
[quote][p][bold]moreachesandpains[/bold] wrote: @anthonywilson. I think you will find that none of your arguments are supported by empirical research. There is a huge body of evidence supporting cannabis' beneficial health effects. Look at what is happening in Israel. And the car crash theory is another of you r ill researched 'opinions'. Research has found that cannabis enhances driving as it makes drivers more cautious. Even insurance companies say so : http://www.prweb.com /releases/prweb2012/ 4/prweb9375729.htm . Please drop your antiquated prejudices and do some real research before spouting unsubstantiated daily mail propaganda.[/p][/quote]I'm a Guardian and Independent newspaper reader actually, so much for what you know then. Your statement inferring that Cannabis enhances driving ability is one of the most crazy things I have ever read. Do you think the moon is also made of cream cheese by the way? http://www.bbc.co.uk /news/health-1696111 2 anthonywilson
  • Score: 0

3:20pm Sat 2 Feb 13

galwaygrower says...

I have smoked cannabis now for about 15 years. I will be 28 this year and have just decided to give it a break for a bit( until next harvest hehe) I am also an ex heroin addict who got clean by taking a tablet called suboxone, I don't drink or do drugs anymore I just smoke weed. I think the prohibition on cannabis should end right away but wont happen while........@anthon
ywilson.....You are just an old **** like my father who prob drinks himself sick somedays but still has the nerve to diss the ganja. God gave us all fruit bearing seeds to enjoy.

Rastafari
I have smoked cannabis now for about 15 years. I will be 28 this year and have just decided to give it a break for a bit( until next harvest hehe) I am also an ex heroin addict who got clean by taking a tablet called suboxone, I don't drink or do drugs anymore I just smoke weed. I think the prohibition on cannabis should end right away but wont happen while........@anthon ywilson.....You are just an old **** like my father who prob drinks himself sick somedays but still has the nerve to diss the ganja. God gave us all fruit bearing seeds to enjoy. Rastafari galwaygrower
  • Score: 0

6:21pm Sat 2 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

Well done son. What a trailblazer you are.Life is all about winners such as you - keep going.
Well done son. What a trailblazer you are.Life is all about winners such as you - keep going. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

9:44pm Sat 2 Feb 13

anthonywilson says...

galwaygrower wrote:
I have smoked cannabis now for about 15 years. I will be 28 this year and have just decided to give it a break for a bit( until next harvest hehe) I am also an ex heroin addict who got clean by taking a tablet called suboxone, I don't drink or do drugs anymore I just smoke weed. I think the prohibition on cannabis should end right away but wont happen while........@anthon

ywilson.....You are just an old **** like my father who prob drinks himself sick somedays but still has the nerve to diss the ganja. God gave us all fruit bearing seeds to enjoy.

Rastafari
Another one who makes incorrect assumptions completely wide of the mark.
I don't consider myself to be old given I'm in my thirties and secondly I don't drink myself sick as you have stated as I rarely consume any alcohol.
You say you don't do drugs anymore but you smoke weed? Well that just about sums up your lack of intelligence about drugs.
[quote][p][bold]galwaygrower[/bold] wrote: I have smoked cannabis now for about 15 years. I will be 28 this year and have just decided to give it a break for a bit( until next harvest hehe) I am also an ex heroin addict who got clean by taking a tablet called suboxone, I don't drink or do drugs anymore I just smoke weed. I think the prohibition on cannabis should end right away but wont happen while........@anthon ywilson.....You are just an old **** like my father who prob drinks himself sick somedays but still has the nerve to diss the ganja. God gave us all fruit bearing seeds to enjoy. Rastafari[/p][/quote]Another one who makes incorrect assumptions completely wide of the mark. I don't consider myself to be old given I'm in my thirties and secondly I don't drink myself sick as you have stated as I rarely consume any alcohol. You say you don't do drugs anymore but you smoke weed? Well that just about sums up your lack of intelligence about drugs. anthonywilson
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Sun 3 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

That's because it rots your brain.
That's because it rots your brain. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:34am Tue 5 Feb 13

Joel Dalais says...

Science and evidence will always win, no matter how many lies, misinformation and greed will try to steer people wrong. (Control and profit through fear and misery).

I am sorry to inform you (The Judge in this question and anyone else who thinks similar). But the World is NOT flat.

You know that the government lies constantly, cheats constantly, and is extremely greedy and will lie and fraud the system to make money for itself (rather, for the Politicians in charge).

So why do you think they'd be telling you the truth about Cannabis? Time to base your reality on science and evidence. The World is NOT flat.

Time to wake up realise that you've been lied to all your life.

Joel Dalais
CLEAR Media Team
CLEAR - Cannabis Law Reform
Science and evidence will always win, no matter how many lies, misinformation and greed will try to steer people wrong. (Control and profit through fear and misery). I am sorry to inform you (The Judge in this question and anyone else who thinks similar). But the World is NOT flat. You know that the government lies constantly, cheats constantly, and is extremely greedy and will lie and fraud the system to make money for itself (rather, for the Politicians in charge). So why do you think they'd be telling you the truth about Cannabis? Time to base your reality on science and evidence. The World is NOT flat. Time to wake up realise that you've been lied to all your life. Joel Dalais CLEAR Media Team CLEAR - Cannabis Law Reform Joel Dalais
  • Score: 0

2:29pm Tue 5 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

Yes I though the Scientific American article was very good.
Yes I though the Scientific American article was very good. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Tue 5 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

Here's some evidence. When I used cannabis I was lazy, forgetful to the point of absurdity , I had headaches and brain fuzz. Now I don't use cannabis I don't have any of these things. Does this mean the world is flat or egg shaped?
Here's some evidence. When I used cannabis I was lazy, forgetful to the point of absurdity , I had headaches and brain fuzz. Now I don't use cannabis I don't have any of these things. Does this mean the world is flat or egg shaped? pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Tue 5 Feb 13

pitbullboxing says...

Bang on with the David Icke stuff though, I'm a fan of him.
Bang on with the David Icke stuff though, I'm a fan of him. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

7:49pm Tue 5 Feb 13

anthonywilson says...

http://infam.antvill
e.org/static/infam/f
iles/pnas.pdf Maybe the judge had seen and read this report.
http://infam.antvill e.org/static/infam/f iles/pnas.pdf Maybe the judge had seen and read this report. anthonywilson
  • Score: 0

8:49pm Wed 6 Feb 13

sunshineandshowers says...

Young people and children in the UK are suffering because of the effects of illegal cannabis misuse as well as other harder illegal substances. I witness the evidence daily in my job.
Young people and children in the UK are suffering because of the effects of illegal cannabis misuse as well as other harder illegal substances. I witness the evidence daily in my job. sunshineandshowers
  • Score: 0

10:57am Thu 7 Feb 13

Arkay1 says...

Sounds like these judges have severe cas of brain rot themselves. There are many proven medical uses for cannabis and it is prescribed to many patients. So UK doctors are rotting their patints brains? I don't think so.

BTW I have never taken cannabis or any other proscribed drug.
Sounds like these judges have severe cas of brain rot themselves. There are many proven medical uses for cannabis and it is prescribed to many patients. So UK doctors are rotting their patints brains? I don't think so. BTW I have never taken cannabis or any other proscribed drug. Arkay1
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree