Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
'Slashing' victim is on the mend
A YOUNG woman who was the most seriously injured of three people wounded during an alleged “slash attack” at a party is making a steady recovery, say police.
The Star revealed last week how two women and a man, all aged in their 20s, were hurt after violence broke out at a house in Newton-le-Willows late on December 27.
A police spokeswoman said they suffered “slash injuries” that were allegedly inflicted by a blade.
One of the women was initially in a “serious but stable condition” in hospital with wounds around her throat, however, she has since been released and is said to be recovering.
Injuries to the man and another woman were not believed to be serious.
As reported in last week’s Star, Connor Tarbrooke, 20, appeared before St Helens Magistrates’ Court accused of committing the alleged offences shortly before midnight on Thursday, December 27, in Newton-le-Willows.
Tarbrooke faced three separate counts of attempted murder and a further charge that he attempted to commit arson and destroy 30 Lloyd Crescent, Newton, intending to endanger the life of a woman.
Tarbrooke, of Bank Street, Newton-le-Willows, was remanded in custody until April 8, when he will appear before Liverpool Crown court for a plea and case management hearing.