Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Enjoy fresh air and walk off those Christmas pounds
9:00am Friday 4th January 2013 in News
DO you fancy getting some fresh air and walking off some of the calories you piled on over Christmas?
Why not join in the next outing of St Helens and District Rambling Club this Sunday, heading for Ambleside in the Lake District.
There will be a choice of five walks, with distances ranging from six to 10 miles, and heights from 400 ft to 3,100 feet.
1) Fairfield Horseshoe: 10 miles, 3,100 feet: Rydal Mount – Nab Scar – Heron Pike – Great Rigg – Fairfield – Hart Crag – Dove Crag – High Pike – Low Pike – High Sweden Bridge – Ambleside – Waterhead.
2) Wansfell Pike: Nine miles 2,500 feet: Ambleside – Stockghyll Force – Pets Bridge – Kirkstone Inn – St Raven’s Edge – Woundale Raise – Baystones – Wansfell Pike - Kelsick Scar – Waterhead .
3) Loughrigg Fell: Eight miles 1,100 feet: Skelwith Bridge – Cumbria Way – Elterwate – Loughrigg Fell – Ambleside – Waterhead.
4) 8.5 miles, 750 feet: Waterhead – Rothay Bridge – Loughrigg Tarn – White Moss – Rydall Hall – Ambleside – Waterhead
5) Six miles, 400 feet: Grasmere - Grasmere Lake – Loughrigg Terrace – Rydal – River Rothay – Ambleside – Waterhead.
The coach leaves from St Helens. The cost is adults £13, juniors £2. New members are welcome.
For more details phone the membership secretary on 07535 953488 between 6pm and 8pm.
Later in the month the club is staging a walk on Sunday, January 20, at Ilkley, West Yorkshire.
There will be a choice of five walks, with distances ranging from seven to 16 miles, and heights from 300 feet to 1,800 feet, including Rylstone Fell and Ilkley Moor.
Coach from St Helens. The cost is adults £12, juniors £2. New members are welcome.
For more details please phone the membership secretary on 07535 953488, between 6pm and 8pm.