Schoolboy attacked by man after biscuit thrown at car

A TEENAGER was assaulted by a man after a car was hit with a biscuit flung by a group of schoolboys, it has emerged.

The 13-year-old victim was walking along Burtonhead Road, towards The Shires estate with three friends all dressed in school uniform.

As they walked along the road one of the boys threw a biscuit into the road, which hit a car travelling in the opposite direction.

Two men got out and approached the boys and one hit the 13-year-old several times with his palm, knocking him to the ground.

The boy suffered a cut to the top of his head and bruising to his arms and wrist. He was left extremely shaken and was taken to hospital for treatment.

Police this week issued a belated witness appeal, following the incident, which happened at around 6.20pm on Thursday, November 1.

The offender is described as white, aged between 40 and 50, 6ft tall, with a stocky build and bald head. Her spoke with a local accent.

The other man is also white, aged between 20 and 30, 6ft tall and with a skinny build.

DC Dave Bruce said: “This was a frightening incident for the young boy who was clearly in his school uniform and was inexcusably attacked by an older man.

“We are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident in case they have any information that could help the investigation.

“Offences of this nature are completely unacceptable and we appeal to the community to come forward with information so we can take action against the offender.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 777 6075, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Comments (82)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:11pm Mon 10 Dec 12

jumper says...

It was only a prank
It was only a prank jumper
  • Score: 0

8:41pm Mon 10 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

They shouldn't have thrown the biscuit then should they. Do the crime face the time. Maybe they will think twice next time - could have caused an accident.
They shouldn't have thrown the biscuit then should they. Do the crime face the time. Maybe they will think twice next time - could have caused an accident. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

11:11pm Mon 10 Dec 12

derkdagger says...

little cherubs,they'd had enough of the "biscuit"
little cherubs,they'd had enough of the "biscuit" derkdagger
  • Score: 0

11:55pm Mon 10 Dec 12

smith&weston says...

Police issue a description of the offender ? Surely the offender is the lawless scroat who threw something at a moving vehicle.You don't accidentally launch something at moving traffic.
Well done to the bloke who decided he wasn't going to be intimidated by these youths.
Police issue a description of the offender ? Surely the offender is the lawless scroat who threw something at a moving vehicle.You don't accidentally launch something at moving traffic. Well done to the bloke who decided he wasn't going to be intimidated by these youths. smith&weston
  • Score: 0

8:48am Tue 11 Dec 12

the dr who says...

all things aside the car driver will possibley go to prison if and when they find him, and if it was one of your kids you wouldnt be saying these daft things

i hope they get the ar@ehole and send him down, the kid was in a school uniform, if it was a big bloke who threw it i bet he wouldnt have got out and attacked him, no chance he is a coward who knew he wasnt in any danger. shame on him
all things aside the car driver will possibley go to prison if and when they find him, and if it was one of your kids you wouldnt be saying these daft things i hope they get the ar@ehole and send him down, the kid was in a school uniform, if it was a big bloke who threw it i bet he wouldnt have got out and attacked him, no chance he is a coward who knew he wasnt in any danger. shame on him the dr who
  • Score: 0

8:58am Tue 11 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

and if it was my kid he would be getting grounded too. Cars and roads are dangerous enough without things being thrown at traffic.
and if it was my kid he would be getting grounded too. Cars and roads are dangerous enough without things being thrown at traffic. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:43am Tue 11 Dec 12

CabbageSquam says...

Have you ever had some little school kid do something to annoy you? Evidently not. I can't bare to walk past school kids, they hang in groups abusing people, throwing things at elderly people, shouting abuse, and just being general jerks! I'm glad someone 'shook' this kid up, and if it was my kid I would be mad they'd been hurt but then I'd also be mad they threw a biscuit at a moving car, I wouldn't dare report it to the police, also... If he admitted to throwing a biscuit into the road what else was he up to? As I was once a kid, I know that when I got into trouble I never admitted to half the story!
Have you ever had some little school kid do something to annoy you? Evidently not. I can't bare to walk past school kids, they hang in groups abusing people, throwing things at elderly people, shouting abuse, and just being general jerks! I'm glad someone 'shook' this kid up, and if it was my kid I would be mad they'd been hurt but then I'd also be mad they threw a biscuit at a moving car, I wouldn't dare report it to the police, also... If he admitted to throwing a biscuit into the road what else was he up to? As I was once a kid, I know that when I got into trouble I never admitted to half the story! CabbageSquam
  • Score: 0

10:44am Tue 11 Dec 12

smith&weston says...

Read the article Dr Who... he was with a group of kids. Whats the betting they weren't merrily skipping along the pavement with a hoop and a stick but the usual feral group looking for trouble. I know where I'd place my money.
Read the article Dr Who... he was with a group of kids. Whats the betting they weren't merrily skipping along the pavement with a hoop and a stick but the usual feral group looking for trouble. I know where I'd place my money. smith&weston
  • Score: 0

11:32am Tue 11 Dec 12

jumper says...

Look what happened at the so called last prank.it's only a bit of fun didn't mean any harm,famous last words.
Look what happened at the so called last prank.it's only a bit of fun didn't mean any harm,famous last words. jumper
  • Score: 0

1:53pm Tue 11 Dec 12

retro 1 says...

id like to congratulate the 2 in the car ,personally the school boy should of got his teeth knocked down his throat,
id like to congratulate the 2 in the car ,personally the school boy should of got his teeth knocked down his throat, retro 1
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Tue 11 Dec 12

norm says...

This week a biscuit - next week a brick?? Nip it in the bud, I say!
This week a biscuit - next week a brick?? Nip it in the bud, I say! norm
  • Score: 0

4:20pm Tue 11 Dec 12

jumper says...

Who caused the problem? why on earth the police didn't do something about putting a motorist in a dangerous position is sending the wrong message out again.
Who caused the problem? why on earth the police didn't do something about putting a motorist in a dangerous position is sending the wrong message out again. jumper
  • Score: 0

7:03pm Tue 11 Dec 12

smith&weston says...

It is time for adults to stop living in fear of kids, especially other peoples. Imagine, you've worked all week and done a couple of extra hours because running your car gets more expensive very day. The insurance has gone up, the fuel costs keep rising, even VED has increased yet again. You'd love to use public transport but you don't have a good enough service to meet your working hours. So, reluctantly, you buy a car. Then some scroat comes along and chucks some thing at it as you drive along. You don't know it's a biscuit. All you think to yourself is , bet thats made a mess of the paintwork and thus reduced my trade in value. I will go and tell a policeman - you kids wait there till one arrives. Nope, best thing to do is get out of your car and give one a slap, other wise you are simply playing victim to the scum that stalks our streets.
It is time for adults to stop living in fear of kids, especially other peoples. Imagine, you've worked all week and done a couple of extra hours because running your car gets more expensive very day. The insurance has gone up, the fuel costs keep rising, even VED has increased yet again. You'd love to use public transport but you don't have a good enough service to meet your working hours. So, reluctantly, you buy a car. Then some scroat comes along and chucks some thing at it as you drive along. You don't know it's a biscuit. All you think to yourself is , bet thats made a mess of the paintwork and thus reduced my trade in value. I will go and tell a policeman - you kids wait there till one arrives. Nope, best thing to do is get out of your car and give one a slap, other wise you are simply playing victim to the scum that stalks our streets. smith&weston
  • Score: 0

8:01pm Tue 11 Dec 12

jumper says...

If the laws were applied we wouldn't be inthe mess we are if it was carried like it it says rather than saying their only kids we would be better for it.There is no line now. So when some say when i wasyoung we done this and that but if we crossed the line we got form all angles. But now it is anything goes you can't touch me.A good kick up the ar,. Sorted a lot out.
If the laws were applied we wouldn't be inthe mess we are if it was carried like it it says rather than saying their only kids we would be better for it.There is no line now. So when some say when i wasyoung we done this and that but if we crossed the line we got form all angles. But now it is anything goes you can't touch me.A good kick up the ar,. Sorted a lot out. jumper
  • Score: 0

8:34pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Speedysf says...

The boy was wrong throwing the biscuit, however he has (in my opinion) suffered far above what he should have. No one has the right to hit anyone, especially a child. Yes some youth may act in a stupid way and yes it could have caused damage to the car, however the Adult should have acted as such. He should have pulled over, checked his car and then if there was damage or not called the Police and report the youth. I do not feel this boy should have been hit at all and no doubt is very distressed. The driver should be held accountable for his actions as this was NOT reasonable
The boy was wrong throwing the biscuit, however he has (in my opinion) suffered far above what he should have. No one has the right to hit anyone, especially a child. Yes some youth may act in a stupid way and yes it could have caused damage to the car, however the Adult should have acted as such. He should have pulled over, checked his car and then if there was damage or not called the Police and report the youth. I do not feel this boy should have been hit at all and no doubt is very distressed. The driver should be held accountable for his actions as this was NOT reasonable Speedysf
  • Score: 0

9:10pm Tue 11 Dec 12

jumper says...

If it had caused sudden reaction when you don't know what is happening the to drive, could have been wrapped round a lamp post. In your driving test you taught emergency stop not somebody lobbing a missile at you,you do not know what it is so you take evasive action.then.
If it had caused sudden reaction when you don't know what is happening the to drive, could have been wrapped round a lamp post. In your driving test you taught emergency stop not somebody lobbing a missile at you,you do not know what it is so you take evasive action.then. jumper
  • Score: 0

9:29pm Tue 11 Dec 12

mummy1 says...

if the car had swerved to avoid the thing thrown at it & crashed into a packed bus stop would the little 1 parent kids stick around to tell the police it was there fault ? NO
if the car had swerved to avoid the thing thrown at it & crashed into a packed bus stop would the little 1 parent kids stick around to tell the police it was there fault ? NO mummy1
  • Score: 0

9:57pm Tue 11 Dec 12

blueyed26 says...

Totally agree with the majority of the comments,i bet he got a shock,walking along with his crew thinking hes the big tough guy trying to get a laugh off his mates and the guy gets out of his car and bangs him,wonder what his tough mates did then-ran off. It could have caused a bad accident had it been an elderly or inexperienced driver. Bet the police would have laughed it off it had been them they through the biscuit at too.
Totally agree with the majority of the comments,i bet he got a shock,walking along with his crew thinking hes the big tough guy trying to get a laugh off his mates and the guy gets out of his car and bangs him,wonder what his tough mates did then-ran off. It could have caused a bad accident had it been an elderly or inexperienced driver. Bet the police would have laughed it off it had been them they through the biscuit at too. blueyed26
  • Score: 0

9:58pm Tue 11 Dec 12

blueyed26 says...

*threw*
*threw* blueyed26
  • Score: 0

11:33pm Tue 11 Dec 12

moonman77 says...

Well there's one thing about this .... bet the lad eats the biscuit next time.
Well there's one thing about this .... bet the lad eats the biscuit next time. moonman77
  • Score: 0

8:54am Wed 12 Dec 12

jumper says...

It could have resulted in something tragic on either side as we all to often read. But on one of the the other letters I hope it os not from the food bank!!!
It could have resulted in something tragic on either side as we all to often read. But on one of the the other letters I hope it os not from the food bank!!! jumper
  • Score: 0

9:15am Wed 12 Dec 12

Bill Bradbury says...

Once again the person who had something thrown at the car becomes the villain and the one who caused the incident in the first place becomes the victim. Unfortunately this scenario is the norm these days as we often witness when someone tries to defend their home from intruders.
Many teachers get objects thrown at them and foul abuse but are unable to do anything about it especially if they do the school has to admit it has got problems. Usually it's the teacher's fault for being so boring. I have witnessed lessons trashed by the antics of a few.

Speedysf- you make a fair point but by the time the police arrive, who are often overstretched the culprits would have legged it off probably with gestures and further abuse with the fact if the culprits were ever identified they would be let off with probably a free trip to Blackpool. How do I know? It's happened to me-police weren't interested-bigger fish to fry.
Once again the person who had something thrown at the car becomes the villain and the one who caused the incident in the first place becomes the victim. Unfortunately this scenario is the norm these days as we often witness when someone tries to defend their home from intruders. Many teachers get objects thrown at them and foul abuse but are unable to do anything about it especially if they do the school has to admit it has got problems. Usually it's the teacher's fault for being so boring. I have witnessed lessons trashed by the antics of a few. Speedysf- you make a fair point but by the time the police arrive, who are often overstretched the culprits would have legged it off probably with gestures and further abuse with the fact if the culprits were ever identified they would be let off with probably a free trip to Blackpool. How do I know? It's happened to me-police weren't interested-bigger fish to fry. Bill Bradbury
  • Score: 0

4:00pm Wed 12 Dec 12

jumper says...

If you had thrown something at the rag and bone man or the coalman etc,what they would have done to you it would have been a lot worse.then you had to go home, the police done the job then,they weren't social workers.you knew we're you stood.its nota case of when I was a lad you could get about with a far better sense of well being
If you had thrown something at the rag and bone man or the coalman etc,what they would have done to you it would have been a lot worse.then you had to go home, the police done the job then,they weren't social workers.you knew we're you stood.its nota case of when I was a lad you could get about with a far better sense of well being jumper
  • Score: 0

6:31pm Wed 12 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

A 13 year old boy throws a biscuit at a car and the majority of people on here think it's ok for a big man to lay into him? We don't know all the facts, but even if the silly boy had potentially caused an accident, the guy had no right to attack him so forcefully, or even lay a finger on him. If it'd been a 16-17 year old who'd thrown a stone or brick I could perhaps understand, but this was weigh out of proportion with the stupid act of throwing a biscuit into traffic.
A 13 year old boy throws a biscuit at a car and the majority of people on here think it's ok for a big man to lay into him? We don't know all the facts, but even if the silly boy had potentially caused an accident, the guy had no right to attack him so forcefully, or even lay a finger on him. If it'd been a 16-17 year old who'd thrown a stone or brick I could perhaps understand, but this was weigh out of proportion with the stupid act of throwing a biscuit into traffic. ollie70
  • Score: 0

6:54pm Wed 12 Dec 12

smith&weston says...

We only have the boys word for it that it was a biscuit. It could easily have been some thing far more dangerous. He's not going to admit to that though, is he .Driver wouldn't know he was 13, most of the kids I see look older than they are. School uniform could be worn at 16.
We only have the boys word for it that it was a biscuit. It could easily have been some thing far more dangerous. He's not going to admit to that though, is he .Driver wouldn't know he was 13, most of the kids I see look older than they are. School uniform could be worn at 16. smith&weston
  • Score: 0

7:25pm Wed 12 Dec 12

jumper says...

Ollie what would you have done if it had caused you to damage your car,swerve or anything that could very well have happened
Ollie what would you have done if it had caused you to damage your car,swerve or anything that could very well have happened jumper
  • Score: 0

8:12pm Wed 12 Dec 12

peterxu says...

Be honest,I donnot think "the kid"is a victim.And I glad he was taught a lesson.Next time when he want throw a brick he will think twice.
Be honest,I donnot think "the kid"is a victim.And I glad he was taught a lesson.Next time when he want throw a brick he will think twice. peterxu
  • Score: 0

8:17pm Wed 12 Dec 12

peterxu says...

ollie70 wrote:
A 13 year old boy throws a biscuit at a car and the majority of people on here think it's ok for a big man to lay into him? We don't know all the facts, but even if the silly boy had potentially caused an accident, the guy had no right to attack him so forcefully, or even lay a finger on him. If it'd been a 16-17 year old who'd thrown a stone or brick I could perhaps understand, but this was weigh out of proportion with the stupid act of throwing a biscuit into traffic.
When you became old and was abused by these "boys" and you will know it.
[quote][p][bold]ollie70[/bold] wrote: A 13 year old boy throws a biscuit at a car and the majority of people on here think it's ok for a big man to lay into him? We don't know all the facts, but even if the silly boy had potentially caused an accident, the guy had no right to attack him so forcefully, or even lay a finger on him. If it'd been a 16-17 year old who'd thrown a stone or brick I could perhaps understand, but this was weigh out of proportion with the stupid act of throwing a biscuit into traffic.[/p][/quote]When you became old and was abused by these "boys" and you will know it. peterxu
  • Score: 0

9:17pm Wed 12 Dec 12

jumper says...

What would have been the consequences if the police had have brought the charge that could have been to endanger life ..
What would have been the consequences if the police had have brought the charge that could have been to endanger life .. jumper
  • Score: 0

9:08am Thu 13 Dec 12

mattmxl says...

It is easy to say that the drivers response was disproportionate as this incident has ended pretty well compared to how it could have done. Had this caused the driver to crash the car resulting in the injury or death of an innocent road user or pedestrian, I doubt you would be so relaxed about it.

Upshot of all of this is, after what happened to him, the child will be less likely to behave in the way he did next time as a result of what happened to him this time. You can't commend somebody for attacking a child but in this case its probably taught him a more effective lesson than his school ever has.

You have to wonder what the mentality is of a human being (albeit a youngster) that would throw a projectile into oncoming traffic. Clearly an uneducated unemphatic one. Paying more attention in physics class in school would explain to him what would have happened, something he'd be wise to do in the rest of his subjects also. There's all sorts of help out there for those that can't learn stuff on their own these days!

Well done to the driver! His actions may just have prevented a more serious "accident" from occurring next time!
It is easy to say that the drivers response was disproportionate as this incident has ended pretty well compared to how it could have done. Had this caused the driver to crash the car resulting in the injury or death of an innocent road user or pedestrian, I doubt you would be so relaxed about it. Upshot of all of this is, after what happened to him, the child will be less likely to behave in the way he did next time as a result of what happened to him this time. You can't commend somebody for attacking a child but in this case its probably taught him a more effective lesson than his school ever has. You have to wonder what the mentality is of a human being (albeit a youngster) that would throw a projectile into oncoming traffic. Clearly an uneducated unemphatic one. Paying more attention in physics class in school would explain to him what would have happened, something he'd be wise to do in the rest of his subjects also. There's all sorts of help out there for those that can't learn stuff on their own these days! Well done to the driver! His actions may just have prevented a more serious "accident" from occurring next time! mattmxl
  • Score: 0

10:34am Thu 13 Dec 12

Sankey says...

well said matt.
well said matt. Sankey
  • Score: 0

11:33am Thu 13 Dec 12

smith&weston says...

seconded
seconded smith&weston
  • Score: 0

12:15pm Thu 13 Dec 12

jumper says...

Thirded
Thirded jumper
  • Score: 0

2:32pm Thu 13 Dec 12

peterxu says...

Fourthed
Fourthed peterxu
  • Score: 0

7:16pm Thu 13 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

A lot of assumptions are being made here. We do not know what happened here exactly. we don't know if there was nearly an accident, or if the driver knew it was a biscuit. The report says that the biscuit was thrown into the road, so it does not seem to have been thrown deliberately at a car. In any case, i would not have attacked a 13 year old kid. I'm also no fan of gangs of teenagers who hang around street corners and abuse passers' by, but we don't know if this group of kids fit that stereotype. Why do people automatically jump to conclusions?
A lot of assumptions are being made here. We do not know what happened here exactly. we don't know if there was nearly an accident, or if the driver knew it was a biscuit. The report says that the biscuit was thrown into the road, so it does not seem to have been thrown deliberately at a car. In any case, i would not have attacked a 13 year old kid. I'm also no fan of gangs of teenagers who hang around street corners and abuse passers' by, but we don't know if this group of kids fit that stereotype. Why do people automatically jump to conclusions? ollie70
  • Score: 0

7:47pm Thu 13 Dec 12

jumper says...

Could have been telling him to stop being a litterbug.The point is stop acting has though I can do whatever I please,seem to know the rights but never do what is right. And then consequences that nobody wants.
Could have been telling him to stop being a litterbug.The point is stop acting has though I can do whatever I please,seem to know the rights but never do what is right. And then consequences that nobody wants. jumper
  • Score: 0

8:48pm Thu 13 Dec 12

rosered1 says...

ollie70 wrote:
A lot of assumptions are being made here. We do not know what happened here exactly. we don't know if there was nearly an accident, or if the driver knew it was a biscuit. The report says that the biscuit was thrown into the road, so it does not seem to have been thrown deliberately at a car. In any case, i would not have attacked a 13 year old kid. I'm also no fan of gangs of teenagers who hang around street corners and abuse passers' by, but we don't know if this group of kids fit that stereotype. Why do people automatically jump to conclusions?
Arent you jumping to conclusions that the youngster wasnt causing any threat?
[quote][p][bold]ollie70[/bold] wrote: A lot of assumptions are being made here. We do not know what happened here exactly. we don't know if there was nearly an accident, or if the driver knew it was a biscuit. The report says that the biscuit was thrown into the road, so it does not seem to have been thrown deliberately at a car. In any case, i would not have attacked a 13 year old kid. I'm also no fan of gangs of teenagers who hang around street corners and abuse passers' by, but we don't know if this group of kids fit that stereotype. Why do people automatically jump to conclusions?[/p][/quote]Arent you jumping to conclusions that the youngster wasnt causing any threat? rosered1
  • Score: 0

12:45am Fri 14 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

I blame the Daily Mail ,,and the bankers.
I blame the Daily Mail ,,and the bankers. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

8:41am Fri 14 Dec 12

mattmxl says...

You forgot the BBC pitbull!
You forgot the BBC pitbull! mattmxl
  • Score: 0

9:00am Fri 14 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

yeah them too!
yeah them too! pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:28am Fri 14 Dec 12

jumper says...

I blame the Daily Mail ,,and the bankers. Try it branch a bit, if nothing else it'll drive yer mad,,,
I blame the Daily Mail ,,and the bankers. Try it branch a bit, if nothing else it'll drive yer mad,,, jumper
  • Score: 0

11:35am Fri 14 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

branch?
branch? pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Fri 14 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

Throwing any object in the road is dangerous. This includes not only people how throw from the side of the road but those that throw things out of their car windows. Or even irresponsible truck and lorry drivers that don’t secure their loads properly and they should be appropriately dealt with. Charged or fined. It happened to me and it was very frightening.

Did I stop my car and ‘knock his teeth’ down the man’s throat? No I certainly didn’t because I am not a thug. If I stopped and got out of my car to beat up everyone, man, woman, child, dog or cat that posed a risk to my safety and others around me while not only would I have a very sore hand but half of St. Helens would have black eyes!

I understand the driver was angry, shook up and maybe frightened but he had no right to assault someone. Anyone. He even fetched his mate for back up…..what a big man!

And those that have mentioned that throwing the biscuit in the road could have had dire consequences, you’re right it could. Does that mean I can punch the gas fitter that didn’t service my gas fire correctly and it led to a gas leak. Could have blown my house up! I’ll just knee cap him eh?

I don’t post on here; I follow the debates with interest and had some respect for those that regularly post. I have a **** sight less now! You want to know where kids learn how to be violent? They get it from example.
Throwing any object in the road is dangerous. This includes not only people how throw from the side of the road but those that throw things out of their car windows. Or even irresponsible truck and lorry drivers that don’t secure their loads properly and they should be appropriately dealt with. Charged or fined. It happened to me and it was very frightening. Did I stop my car and ‘knock his teeth’ down the man’s throat? No I certainly didn’t because I am not a thug. If I stopped and got out of my car to beat up everyone, man, woman, child, dog or cat that posed a risk to my safety and others around me while not only would I have a very sore hand but half of St. Helens would have black eyes! I understand the driver was angry, shook up and maybe frightened but he had no right to assault someone. Anyone. He even fetched his mate for back up…..what a big man! And those that have mentioned that throwing the biscuit in the road could have had dire consequences, you’re right it could. Does that mean I can punch the gas fitter that didn’t service my gas fire correctly and it led to a gas leak. Could have blown my house up! I’ll just knee cap him eh? I don’t post on here; I follow the debates with interest and had some respect for those that regularly post. I have a **** sight less now! You want to know where kids learn how to be violent? They get it from example. sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

12:48pm Fri 14 Dec 12

jumper says...

Just hope your not in the house,people are saying stop being a ars,., and eat what you have got are send it to the food bank, not what could cause a terrible accident.
Just hope your not in the house,people are saying stop being a ars,., and eat what you have got are send it to the food bank, not what could cause a terrible accident. jumper
  • Score: 0

2:25pm Fri 14 Dec 12

jumper says...

Mail it be no good for you, just realised you too quick.
Mail it be no good for you, just realised you too quick. jumper
  • Score: 0

4:30pm Fri 14 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

If he had gotten out of the car and given him a stern talking to he would have been laughed at. He took the right course of action , hopefully it will stop the little toe-rag from doing it to somebody else.
If he had gotten out of the car and given him a stern talking to he would have been laughed at. He took the right course of action , hopefully it will stop the little toe-rag from doing it to somebody else. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Fri 14 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

rosered1 wrote:
ollie70 wrote: A lot of assumptions are being made here. We do not know what happened here exactly. we don't know if there was nearly an accident, or if the driver knew it was a biscuit. The report says that the biscuit was thrown into the road, so it does not seem to have been thrown deliberately at a car. In any case, i would not have attacked a 13 year old kid. I'm also no fan of gangs of teenagers who hang around street corners and abuse passers' by, but we don't know if this group of kids fit that stereotype. Why do people automatically jump to conclusions?
Arent you jumping to conclusions that the youngster wasnt causing any threat?
No, I am quite obviously responding to those who made the assumption that this boy and his schoolmates were a gang of troublemakers. There is no evidence of this. Of course it is irresponsible to throw a biscuit into a road, but the man who attacked him is a cowardly thug. The is a fact. However, we can't and shouldn't draw any conclusions about the boy.
[quote][p][bold]rosered1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ollie70[/bold] wrote: A lot of assumptions are being made here. We do not know what happened here exactly. we don't know if there was nearly an accident, or if the driver knew it was a biscuit. The report says that the biscuit was thrown into the road, so it does not seem to have been thrown deliberately at a car. In any case, i would not have attacked a 13 year old kid. I'm also no fan of gangs of teenagers who hang around street corners and abuse passers' by, but we don't know if this group of kids fit that stereotype. Why do people automatically jump to conclusions?[/p][/quote]Arent you jumping to conclusions that the youngster wasnt causing any threat?[/p][/quote]No, I am quite obviously responding to those who made the assumption that this boy and his schoolmates were a gang of troublemakers. There is no evidence of this. Of course it is irresponsible to throw a biscuit into a road, but the man who attacked him is a cowardly thug. The is a fact. However, we can't and shouldn't draw any conclusions about the boy. ollie70
  • Score: 0

6:19pm Fri 14 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

'This is a fact'. I should add, shouldn't draw any conclusions beyond the fact that he appears to be immature and irresponsible....but this does not warrant a beating by a brainless thug (a safe assumption).
'This is a fact'. I should add, shouldn't draw any conclusions beyond the fact that he appears to be immature and irresponsible....but this does not warrant a beating by a brainless thug (a safe assumption). ollie70
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Fri 14 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

pitbullboxing wrote:
If he had gotten out of the car and given him a stern talking to he would have been laughed at. He took the right course of action , hopefully it will stop the little toe-rag from doing it to somebody else.
Because obviously being not being laughed it is the most important thing here. It was road rage pure and simple. Stupid irresponsible child throws in the road and instead of acting like a sane adult human being the driver behaves like thug.
[quote][p][bold]pitbullboxing[/bold] wrote: If he had gotten out of the car and given him a stern talking to he would have been laughed at. He took the right course of action , hopefully it will stop the little toe-rag from doing it to somebody else.[/p][/quote]Because obviously being not being laughed it is the most important thing here. It was road rage pure and simple. Stupid irresponsible child throws in the road and instead of acting like a sane adult human being the driver behaves like thug. sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

8:19pm Fri 14 Dec 12

frankly says...

Somebody threw a McDonalds carton in Churce St, and i nearley fell over it.....BUT yes the boy was an idiot, and so was the driver..Even if he had scolded the lad and got laughed at, he may, repeat may have got through to this silly child, and think better next time..But we do see these young scrotes all too often now, no respect for anything,even if this car had swerved and crashed they would most likely not been too bothered
Somebody threw a McDonalds carton in Churce St, and i nearley fell over it.....BUT yes the boy was an idiot, and so was the driver..Even if he had scolded the lad and got laughed at, he may, repeat may have got through to this silly child, and think better next time..But we do see these young scrotes all too often now, no respect for anything,even if this car had swerved and crashed they would most likely not been too bothered frankly
  • Score: 0

8:48pm Fri 14 Dec 12

jumper says...

There has been a lot of comments on this which inthe broad light of day coul d have had very serious consequences one way or the other the police would like to speak to the people in the car,what words were said to the perpertrators?.dont' want anybody hurt but has what has been commented on is to say younsters need a bit of you cannot do what you want.
There has been a lot of comments on this which inthe broad light of day coul d have had very serious consequences one way or the other the police would like to speak to the people in the car,what words were said to the perpertrators?.dont' want anybody hurt but has what has been commented on is to say younsters need a bit of you cannot do what you want. jumper
  • Score: 0

9:37pm Fri 14 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

It's the softy lefty approach that has got us in this mess in the first place. Maybe he has gone over the top - but he won't do it again. Hell ,he'll live - by the time I was 13 I'd already boxed about 70 odd rounds.
It's the softy lefty approach that has got us in this mess in the first place. Maybe he has gone over the top - but he won't do it again. Hell ,he'll live - by the time I was 13 I'd already boxed about 70 odd rounds. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:40am Sat 15 Dec 12

Austrian64 says...

Quite a lot of violence over there in Britain. Bad enough, but even worse are the voices applauding it. If we start beating up anyone who annoys us, we will not survive the next generation. The reaction of the driver is as immature as the one of the schoolboy. The boy will have learnt one thing: violence pays. Next time he will carry a gun. You see where we will arrive soon?
Quite a lot of violence over there in Britain. Bad enough, but even worse are the voices applauding it. If we start beating up anyone who annoys us, we will not survive the next generation. The reaction of the driver is as immature as the one of the schoolboy. The boy will have learnt one thing: violence pays. Next time he will carry a gun. You see where we will arrive soon? Austrian64
  • Score: 0

12:51pm Sat 15 Dec 12

Sankey says...

clearly the chap overreacted and what he did cannot be condoned. However most of us have had experiences of the untouchable youths who know their rights and whom can do whatever they wish. So its hard not to smile and i am sure he will think twice before he chucks something at a car next time.
clearly the chap overreacted and what he did cannot be condoned. However most of us have had experiences of the untouchable youths who know their rights and whom can do whatever they wish. So its hard not to smile and i am sure he will think twice before he chucks something at a car next time. Sankey
  • Score: 0

1:11pm Sat 15 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

Austrian64 wrote:
Quite a lot of violence over there in Britain. Bad enough, but even worse are the voices applauding it. If we start beating up anyone who annoys us, we will not survive the next generation. The reaction of the driver is as immature as the one of the schoolboy. The boy will have learnt one thing: violence pays. Next time he will carry a gun. You see where we will arrive soon?
Completely agree, no one disputes that the child was reckless and irresponsible, whether it was deliberate or not. And no one should dispute that the driver's violent behaviour is utterly unacceptable. I really do hope Sankey that the lad involved never does such a thing again. I also hope that's all he takes from this and not that it is acceptable to hit someone just because you lost your temper.
[quote][p][bold]Austrian64[/bold] wrote: Quite a lot of violence over there in Britain. Bad enough, but even worse are the voices applauding it. If we start beating up anyone who annoys us, we will not survive the next generation. The reaction of the driver is as immature as the one of the schoolboy. The boy will have learnt one thing: violence pays. Next time he will carry a gun. You see where we will arrive soon?[/p][/quote]Completely agree, no one disputes that the child was reckless and irresponsible, whether it was deliberate or not. And no one should dispute that the driver's violent behaviour is utterly unacceptable. I really do hope Sankey that the lad involved never does such a thing again. I also hope that's all he takes from this and not that it is acceptable to hit someone just because you lost your temper. sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Sat 15 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

Austrian64 wrote:
Quite a lot of violence over there in Britain. Bad enough, but even worse are the voices applauding it. If we start beating up anyone who annoys us, we will not survive the next generation. The reaction of the driver is as immature as the one of the schoolboy. The boy will have learnt one thing: violence pays. Next time he will carry a gun. You see where we will arrive soon?
Yes it is true that Britain has a culture of violence, and St Helens is certainly no exception. Since i moved abroad (not far from Austria actually), the relative absence of violence, or at least the menace, is quite noticeable. No gangs of shaven-headed bodybuilders walking round town centre at night like they own the place, for example.
[quote][p][bold]Austrian64[/bold] wrote: Quite a lot of violence over there in Britain. Bad enough, but even worse are the voices applauding it. If we start beating up anyone who annoys us, we will not survive the next generation. The reaction of the driver is as immature as the one of the schoolboy. The boy will have learnt one thing: violence pays. Next time he will carry a gun. You see where we will arrive soon?[/p][/quote]Yes it is true that Britain has a culture of violence, and St Helens is certainly no exception. Since i moved abroad (not far from Austria actually), the relative absence of violence, or at least the menace, is quite noticeable. No gangs of shaven-headed bodybuilders walking round town centre at night like they own the place, for example. ollie70
  • Score: 0

1:24pm Sat 15 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

And this prejudice directed at any male child over the age of 12, who might be in a group of three or more, is ridiculous. Yes there are gangs who cause trouble in st helens and every town and city in Britain. However, it is still a very small minority, and to put a silly kid who threw a biscuit into the road in the same category as one who attacks and robs an old woman, for example, is pure lunacy. I assume most contributors in this forum are over 55, with attitudes similar to those of the victorian 'penny dreadfuls'.
And this prejudice directed at any male child over the age of 12, who might be in a group of three or more, is ridiculous. Yes there are gangs who cause trouble in st helens and every town and city in Britain. However, it is still a very small minority, and to put a silly kid who threw a biscuit into the road in the same category as one who attacks and robs an old woman, for example, is pure lunacy. I assume most contributors in this forum are over 55, with attitudes similar to those of the victorian 'penny dreadfuls'. ollie70
  • Score: 0

1:48pm Sat 15 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

I'm 37. How can it be a minority if it's in every town? I respect your opinion , but frankly I could take you to places and show you children no older than 13 that would make you wet your pants. The minority you speak of is a very sizeable majority.
And this prejudice that you speak of is exactly the same as you "assuming" that everybody is an over 55 "penny dreadful".
I'm 37. How can it be a minority if it's in every town? I respect your opinion , but frankly I could take you to places and show you children no older than 13 that would make you wet your pants. The minority you speak of is a very sizeable majority. And this prejudice that you speak of is exactly the same as you "assuming" that everybody is an over 55 "penny dreadful". pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Sat 15 Dec 12

jumper says...

If the powers that be read some of these opinions and followed quite a lot of them up,we would not have to talk about most of the articles that we do the youngsters have no where to go , and let me surprise you neither have them over 18 to 100.night time activity is non existenc,unless your inthe very big minority who cause the problem that the small majority don't .
If the powers that be read some of these opinions and followed quite a lot of them up,we would not have to talk about most of the articles that we do the youngsters have no where to go , and let me surprise you neither have them over 18 to 100.night time activity is non existenc,unless your inthe very big minority who cause the problem that the small majority don't . jumper
  • Score: 0

5:11pm Sat 15 Dec 12

CabbageSquam says...

I'm 28 and I believe kids should fear the fist! I got a fair few beatings off my mum as a kid when I was naughty, came home later than I should or was found to be playing near water etc. I'm glad I got those 'beatings' they have taught me to be a respectful person! But then you see these kids who respect NO ONE! I respected teachers and other elders as I knew if my Mum found out I was giving cheek I would be in trouble. Fear = respect. It's all these namby pamby morons who say 'don't hit your kids, let them run wild and terrorise old people' Well, I hope it comes back and bites you in the ars... I have shouted at groups of school kids before for throwing things at elderly, shouting abuse at them etc. Most kids are horrible, and they will only turn into horrible adults... This is our future doctors, dentists, lawyers and policemen... We are doomed and I blame you moronic idiots sucking the ars of the thugs. I'm glad he got out of the car but all he did was hit him with his palm, it could of been a million times worse. If it was me I'd of locked him in my boot and took him on a ride... hehehe
I'm 28 and I believe kids should fear the fist! I got a fair few beatings off my mum as a kid when I was naughty, came home later than I should or was found to be playing near water etc. I'm glad I got those 'beatings' they have taught me to be a respectful person! But then you see these kids who respect NO ONE! I respected teachers and other elders as I knew if my Mum found out I was giving cheek I would be in trouble. Fear = respect. It's all these namby pamby morons who say 'don't hit your kids, let them run wild and terrorise old people' Well, I hope it comes back and bites you in the ars... I have shouted at groups of school kids before for throwing things at elderly, shouting abuse at them etc. Most kids are horrible, and they will only turn into horrible adults... This is our future doctors, dentists, lawyers and policemen... We are doomed and I blame you moronic idiots sucking the ars of the thugs. I'm glad he got out of the car but all he did was hit him with his palm, it could of been a million times worse. If it was me I'd of locked him in my boot and took him on a ride... hehehe CabbageSquam
  • Score: 0

6:19pm Sat 15 Dec 12

jumper says...

Exactly if your parents found out you had crossed the wrong line, duck! And that is in my opinion the major problem of anti social behaviour, but for some reason that as seemed to have been merged with criminal activity.
Exactly if your parents found out you had crossed the wrong line, duck! And that is in my opinion the major problem of anti social behaviour, but for some reason that as seemed to have been merged with criminal activity. jumper
  • Score: 0

6:50pm Sat 15 Dec 12

moonman77 says...

1) 'Hello police, a young man has just threw a biscuit at my windscreen and could have caused a nasty accident' ... 'Sir, stop wasing police time' 2) 'Hello Police, a man just got out of his car and gave me a slap for throwing something at his car and nearly causing an nasty accident' .... 'Right, give me a detailed account, we are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident in case and Offences of this nature are completely unacceptable and we will spend lots of time and money and resources to appeal to the community to come forward with information so we can take action against this driver.' ........The worlds gone crackers for me.
1) 'Hello police, a young man has just threw a biscuit at my windscreen and could have caused a nasty accident' ... 'Sir, stop wasing police time' 2) 'Hello Police, a man just got out of his car and gave me a slap for throwing something at his car and nearly causing an nasty accident' .... 'Right, give me a detailed account, we are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident in case and Offences of this nature are completely unacceptable and we will spend lots of time and money and resources to appeal to the community to come forward with information so we can take action against this driver.' ........The worlds gone crackers for me. moonman77
  • Score: 0

9:34pm Sat 15 Dec 12

jumper says...

Baffling how some people want action read the earlstown wrong message letter, see what if any correlation could be swapped,work differently how should things be done,that's we're we are trying to end up one law one message.shrugging shoulders is never the answer.
Baffling how some people want action read the earlstown wrong message letter, see what if any correlation could be swapped,work differently how should things be done,that's we're we are trying to end up one law one message.shrugging shoulders is never the answer. jumper
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Sun 16 Dec 12

Bill Bradbury says...

Moonman you are spot on. The scenario you posted happened to me about 6 weeks ago. The incident died a death.
I am totally with sankey,jumper and pittbull on this. Ollie would be writing a totally different kind of letter if the car had swerved and killed someone. The driver suddenly would turn from being the press description of "Thug" to victim and the police would be looking for as the press would say "some mindless morons". The press always puts a slant on incidents using sensational language as anyone who has studied Sociology would confirm.

Here is a true story from the 50's on a similar incident. Me and my pal found that loading a bike pump from our outside toilet made good waterpistols which we fired at, in those days, very few passing cars and vans A Rothery Radio Van (remember them?) came down and the driver had his window open-bulls-eye!! Van screetched to a halt driver got out and collared us both, his co-driver joined in-technically an assault but as we all know, not in those days when police could give us a slap.
We both got taken to our respective dads and we got a good hiding and gated for a week..
Moral we didn't do it again. However I still have a chuckle about it being a good Beano/Dandy "Splat!!"

As we "oldies" know how times have changed!
Moonman you are spot on. The scenario you posted happened to me about 6 weeks ago. The incident died a death. I am totally with sankey,jumper and pittbull on this. Ollie would be writing a totally different kind of letter if the car had swerved and killed someone. The driver suddenly would turn from being the press description of "Thug" to victim and the police would be looking for as the press would say "some mindless morons". The press always puts a slant on incidents using sensational language as anyone who has studied Sociology would confirm. Here is a true story from the 50's on a similar incident. Me and my pal found that loading a bike pump from our outside toilet made good waterpistols which we fired at, in those days, very few passing cars and vans A Rothery Radio Van (remember them?) came down and the driver had his window open-bulls-eye!! Van screetched to a halt driver got out and collared us both, his co-driver joined in-technically an assault but as we all know, not in those days when police could give us a slap. We both got taken to our respective dads and we got a good hiding and gated for a week.. Moral we didn't do it again. However I still have a chuckle about it being a good Beano/Dandy "Splat!!" As we "oldies" know how times have changed! Bill Bradbury
  • Score: 0

1:18pm Sun 16 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

Bill Bradbury wrote:
Moonman you are spot on. The scenario you posted happened to me about 6 weeks ago. The incident died a death.
I am totally with sankey,jumper and pittbull on this. Ollie would be writing a totally different kind of letter if the car had swerved and killed someone. The driver suddenly would turn from being the press description of "Thug" to victim and the police would be looking for as the press would say "some mindless morons". The press always puts a slant on incidents using sensational language as anyone who has studied Sociology would confirm.

Here is a true story from the 50's on a similar incident. Me and my pal found that loading a bike pump from our outside toilet made good waterpistols which we fired at, in those days, very few passing cars and vans A Rothery Radio Van (remember them?) came down and the driver had his window open-bulls-eye!! Van screetched to a halt driver got out and collared us both, his co-driver joined in-technically an assault but as we all know, not in those days when police could give us a slap.
We both got taken to our respective dads and we got a good hiding and gated for a week..
Moral we didn't do it again. However I still have a chuckle about it being a good Beano/Dandy "Splat!!"

As we "oldies" know how times have changed!
Absolutely no one is disputing that the child involved wasn't stupid and reckless, or that the potential consequences could have been fatal. What is being disputed is the actions of a grown man losing his temper and lashing out in response.

It isn't an appropriate response Bill. It's assault. I've seen people post that he didn't go far enough 'should have knocked his teeth down his throat', 'its ok it could have been worse he could have abducted him''. Do those sound reasonable? Is that the kind of example to teach? Someone angers you knocking them around is ok? there's sadly plenty of kids learn that at home in domestic violence situations.

Personally I find it very worrying when I hear violence carried out in temper being justified like this. I really wouldn't want to get on the bad side of the driver or those justifying it as I might get a 'slap' I 'deserve'. I also notice he he isn't rushing to identify himself to the police to face the consequences. Child has owned up to a dangerous act and probably got a warning of the Police (not enough I know). So if the driver gave an appropriate response wasn't he standing up to indentify himself so you can call him a hero?
[quote][p][bold]Bill Bradbury[/bold] wrote: Moonman you are spot on. The scenario you posted happened to me about 6 weeks ago. The incident died a death. I am totally with sankey,jumper and pittbull on this. Ollie would be writing a totally different kind of letter if the car had swerved and killed someone. The driver suddenly would turn from being the press description of "Thug" to victim and the police would be looking for as the press would say "some mindless morons". The press always puts a slant on incidents using sensational language as anyone who has studied Sociology would confirm. Here is a true story from the 50's on a similar incident. Me and my pal found that loading a bike pump from our outside toilet made good waterpistols which we fired at, in those days, very few passing cars and vans A Rothery Radio Van (remember them?) came down and the driver had his window open-bulls-eye!! Van screetched to a halt driver got out and collared us both, his co-driver joined in-technically an assault but as we all know, not in those days when police could give us a slap. We both got taken to our respective dads and we got a good hiding and gated for a week.. Moral we didn't do it again. However I still have a chuckle about it being a good Beano/Dandy "Splat!!" As we "oldies" know how times have changed![/p][/quote]Absolutely no one is disputing that the child involved wasn't stupid and reckless, or that the potential consequences could have been fatal. What is being disputed is the actions of a grown man losing his temper and lashing out in response. It isn't an appropriate response Bill. It's assault. I've seen people post that he didn't go far enough 'should have knocked his teeth down his throat', 'its ok it could have been worse he could have abducted him''. Do those sound reasonable? Is that the kind of example to teach? Someone angers you knocking them around is ok? there's sadly plenty of kids learn that at home in domestic violence situations. Personally I find it very worrying when I hear violence carried out in temper being justified like this. I really wouldn't want to get on the bad side of the driver or those justifying it as I might get a 'slap' I 'deserve'. I also notice he he isn't rushing to identify himself to the police to face the consequences. Child has owned up to a dangerous act and probably got a warning of the Police (not enough I know). So if the driver gave an appropriate response wasn't he standing up to indentify himself so you can call him a hero? sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

1:24pm Sun 16 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

So tell us love , what would you do yourself? Or what would you have the driver do?
So tell us love , what would you do yourself? Or what would you have the driver do? pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

1:37pm Sun 16 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

pitbullboxing wrote:
So tell us love , what would you do yourself? Or what would you have the driver do?
Stopped and got out, same as he did, probably screamed blue murder and and tell him what a idiot he was. Told him to stay where he was while I called the police. Ask for his name and address (depending on the kid I would either get it or abuse!). This is where I would get into trouble. I'd have taken his photo. Just in case the police wouldn't come out quickly (which more than likely wouldn't). He had a school uniform on so you would at least know where he went to school and with photo what he looked like.

What the police do after that is up to them. That's where we get let down. I could go on a whole new rant about the law being an **** and it isn't tough enough.

I don't care if I get laughed at for not being the hard man and lashing out. My ego really doesn't need the boost. Violence should ways be a last resort.
[quote][p][bold]pitbullboxing[/bold] wrote: So tell us love , what would you do yourself? Or what would you have the driver do?[/p][/quote]Stopped and got out, same as he did, probably screamed blue murder and and tell him what a idiot he was. Told him to stay where he was while I called the police. Ask for his name and address (depending on the kid I would either get it or abuse!). This is where I would get into trouble. I'd have taken his photo. Just in case the police wouldn't come out quickly (which more than likely wouldn't). He had a school uniform on so you would at least know where he went to school and with photo what he looked like. What the police do after that is up to them. That's where we get let down. I could go on a whole new rant about the law being an **** and it isn't tough enough. I don't care if I get laughed at for not being the hard man and lashing out. My ego really doesn't need the boost. Violence should ways be a last resort. sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

1:48pm Sun 16 Dec 12

kjd161 says...

jumper wrote:
Just hope your not in the house,people are saying stop being a ars,., and eat what you have got are send it to the food bank, not what could cause a terrible accident.
Jumper. Have you been taking illegal substances? What the hell are you on about?
[quote][p][bold]jumper[/bold] wrote: Just hope your not in the house,people are saying stop being a ars,., and eat what you have got are send it to the food bank, not what could cause a terrible accident.[/p][/quote]Jumper. Have you been taking illegal substances? What the hell are you on about? kjd161
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Sun 16 Dec 12

kjd161 says...

sthelenslass wrote:
Throwing any object in the road is dangerous. This includes not only people how throw from the side of the road but those that throw things out of their car windows. Or even irresponsible truck and lorry drivers that don’t secure their loads properly and they should be appropriately dealt with. Charged or fined. It happened to me and it was very frightening.

Did I stop my car and ‘knock his teeth’ down the man’s throat? No I certainly didn’t because I am not a thug. If I stopped and got out of my car to beat up everyone, man, woman, child, dog or cat that posed a risk to my safety and others around me while not only would I have a very sore hand but half of St. Helens would have black eyes!

I understand the driver was angry, shook up and maybe frightened but he had no right to assault someone. Anyone. He even fetched his mate for back up…..what a big man!

And those that have mentioned that throwing the biscuit in the road could have had dire consequences, you’re right it could. Does that mean I can punch the gas fitter that didn’t service my gas fire correctly and it led to a gas leak. Could have blown my house up! I’ll just knee cap him eh?

I don’t post on here; I follow the debates with interest and had some respect for those that regularly post. I have a **** sight less now! You want to know where kids learn how to be violent? They get it from example.
Calm down love. Have a cuppa - and a nice biscuit.
[quote][p][bold]sthelenslass[/bold] wrote: Throwing any object in the road is dangerous. This includes not only people how throw from the side of the road but those that throw things out of their car windows. Or even irresponsible truck and lorry drivers that don’t secure their loads properly and they should be appropriately dealt with. Charged or fined. It happened to me and it was very frightening. Did I stop my car and ‘knock his teeth’ down the man’s throat? No I certainly didn’t because I am not a thug. If I stopped and got out of my car to beat up everyone, man, woman, child, dog or cat that posed a risk to my safety and others around me while not only would I have a very sore hand but half of St. Helens would have black eyes! I understand the driver was angry, shook up and maybe frightened but he had no right to assault someone. Anyone. He even fetched his mate for back up…..what a big man! And those that have mentioned that throwing the biscuit in the road could have had dire consequences, you’re right it could. Does that mean I can punch the gas fitter that didn’t service my gas fire correctly and it led to a gas leak. Could have blown my house up! I’ll just knee cap him eh? I don’t post on here; I follow the debates with interest and had some respect for those that regularly post. I have a **** sight less now! You want to know where kids learn how to be violent? They get it from example.[/p][/quote]Calm down love. Have a cuppa - and a nice biscuit. kjd161
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Sun 16 Dec 12

jumper says...

Crumbs!
Crumbs! jumper
  • Score: 0

6:16pm Sun 16 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

Well for a start screaming at somebody depending on what's said and taking a school child's photo would probably land you in hot water. I do see where your coming from however. But I also still stand by what I said earlier. The whole point of this for me is - if he hadn't have thrown anything nothing would have happened.
Well for a start screaming at somebody depending on what's said and taking a school child's photo would probably land you in hot water. I do see where your coming from however. But I also still stand by what I said earlier. The whole point of this for me is - if he hadn't have thrown anything nothing would have happened. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

7:34pm Sun 16 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

pitbullboxing wrote:
I'm 37. How can it be a minority if it's in every town? I respect your opinion , but frankly I could take you to places and show you children no older than 13 that would make you wet your pants. The minority you speak of is a very sizeable majority. And this prejudice that you speak of is exactly the same as you "assuming" that everybody is an over 55 "penny dreadful".
Of course there can be a minority in every town. It is certainly not the majority of kids who go round in gangs causing fear and mayhem. A 'sizeable majority' is for example 70-80%. I hardly think this proportion is involved in such wrong-doing. My assumption as to the ages of people on this forum is based on some logic. I was stating that the fear of crime, which is out of proportion with the reality (as in the penny dreadfuls), is more prevalent among older people. Furthermore, most victims of crime are young men.
[quote][p][bold]pitbullboxing[/bold] wrote: I'm 37. How can it be a minority if it's in every town? I respect your opinion , but frankly I could take you to places and show you children no older than 13 that would make you wet your pants. The minority you speak of is a very sizeable majority. And this prejudice that you speak of is exactly the same as you "assuming" that everybody is an over 55 "penny dreadful".[/p][/quote]Of course there can be a minority in every town. It is certainly not the majority of kids who go round in gangs causing fear and mayhem. A 'sizeable majority' is for example 70-80%. I hardly think this proportion is involved in such wrong-doing. My assumption as to the ages of people on this forum is based on some logic. I was stating that the fear of crime, which is out of proportion with the reality (as in the penny dreadfuls), is more prevalent among older people. Furthermore, most victims of crime are young men. ollie70
  • Score: 0

7:50pm Sun 16 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

pitbullboxing wrote:
Well for a start screaming at somebody depending on what's said and taking a school child's photo would probably land you in hot water. I do see where your coming from however. But I also still stand by what I said earlier. The whole point of this for me is - if he hadn't have thrown anything nothing would have happened.
No he certainly shouldn't as I said in an early post it happened to me and it was terrifying. It was one of the rotten winters with dangerous icy roads and snow ball hit windscreen.
[quote][p][bold]pitbullboxing[/bold] wrote: Well for a start screaming at somebody depending on what's said and taking a school child's photo would probably land you in hot water. I do see where your coming from however. But I also still stand by what I said earlier. The whole point of this for me is - if he hadn't have thrown anything nothing would have happened.[/p][/quote]No he certainly shouldn't as I said in an early post it happened to me and it was terrifying. It was one of the rotten winters with dangerous icy roads and snow ball hit windscreen. sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Sun 16 Dec 12

ollie70 says...

After reading some of the other responses to my comments, and others besides, it just reinforces what i said earlier about a culture of violence in Britain. The sad thing is that i think these views reflect the majority of the town: vengeful, ignorant and primitive. Violence breeds violence and has no place in a civilised society. I certainly will not be giving my child a beating and putting them in fear of me. It would be abuse, clear and simple, and not just immoral but illegal. Clearly the beatings most of the contributors got as kids quite clearly has done some harm to their brains.....
After reading some of the other responses to my comments, and others besides, it just reinforces what i said earlier about a culture of violence in Britain. The sad thing is that i think these views reflect the majority of the town: vengeful, ignorant and primitive. Violence breeds violence and has no place in a civilised society. I certainly will not be giving my child a beating and putting them in fear of me. It would be abuse, clear and simple, and not just immoral but illegal. Clearly the beatings most of the contributors got as kids quite clearly has done some harm to their brains..... ollie70
  • Score: 0

8:51pm Sun 16 Dec 12

jumper says...

Just sit back and reflect on what your trying to say the people who where so called beat up by the parents, are not the ones who are throwing whatever anywhere so there could be something in that. You need to smell the coffee the opinions on here is if they are analysed is to try and send a message that what goes on is unacceptable .you need to be up to date on what Ian wrote,not like some who only come on at half time.
Just sit back and reflect on what your trying to say the people who where so called beat up by the parents, are not the ones who are throwing whatever anywhere so there could be something in that. You need to smell the coffee the opinions on here is if they are analysed is to try and send a message that what goes on is unacceptable .you need to be up to date on what Ian wrote,not like some who only come on at half time. jumper
  • Score: 0

9:22pm Sun 16 Dec 12

pitbullboxing says...

Hey, that's just his opinion and he's entitled to it. Fair enough. I even agree to a certain extent.
Hey, that's just his opinion and he's entitled to it. Fair enough. I even agree to a certain extent. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:04pm Sun 16 Dec 12

CabbageSquam says...

Well if all you silly people didn't think it was okay for kids to do as they please and never get a swift slap then we wouldn't be seeing this on a daily basis.
No one dare say anything to kids these days, and those men who got out to confront those kids like sthelenslass suggested and for all any of us know could of been harassed by the rest of the gang to the point they grabbed one to make an example in fear. I could tell you a whole bunch of stories where someone has acted out in fear of thugs who started the whole mess, why should they drive off and let them thugs think its okay to throw things at cars? What if next time it's a brick? What if that time there was an old man or woman who suffered an heartattack in sheer shock? You can never measure the repercussions of what you do and so people need to fear the law/parents/people giving them a smack to stop them doing silly things.

The police wouldn't of give a flying poo if these full grown men went in and said a biscuit had been thrown at the car and no accident was caused, but the point is it could of been worse. And those kids need a good slap, yes a SLAP! I will be slapping my children as and when I see fit, not in an abusive way but to teach them right from wrong. I know words aren't enough, trust me, I was a child once!
Well if all you silly people didn't think it was okay for kids to do as they please and never get a swift slap then we wouldn't be seeing this on a daily basis. No one dare say anything to kids these days, and those men who got out to confront those kids like sthelenslass suggested and for all any of us know could of been harassed by the rest of the gang to the point they grabbed one to make an example in fear. I could tell you a whole bunch of stories where someone has acted out in fear of thugs who started the whole mess, why should they drive off and let them thugs think its okay to throw things at cars? What if next time it's a brick? What if that time there was an old man or woman who suffered an heartattack in sheer shock? You can never measure the repercussions of what you do and so people need to fear the law/parents/people giving them a smack to stop them doing silly things. The police wouldn't of give a flying poo if these full grown men went in and said a biscuit had been thrown at the car and no accident was caused, but the point is it could of been worse. And those kids need a good slap, yes a SLAP! I will be slapping my children as and when I see fit, not in an abusive way but to teach them right from wrong. I know words aren't enough, trust me, I was a child once! CabbageSquam
  • Score: 0

10:09pm Sun 16 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

CabbageSquam wrote:
Well if all you silly people didn't think it was okay for kids to do as they please and never get a swift slap then we wouldn't be seeing this on a daily basis.
No one dare say anything to kids these days, and those men who got out to confront those kids like sthelenslass suggested and for all any of us know could of been harassed by the rest of the gang to the point they grabbed one to make an example in fear. I could tell you a whole bunch of stories where someone has acted out in fear of thugs who started the whole mess, why should they drive off and let them thugs think its okay to throw things at cars? What if next time it's a brick? What if that time there was an old man or woman who suffered an heartattack in sheer shock? You can never measure the repercussions of what you do and so people need to fear the law/parents/people giving them a smack to stop them doing silly things.

The police wouldn't of give a flying poo if these full grown men went in and said a biscuit had been thrown at the car and no accident was caused, but the point is it could of been worse. And those kids need a good slap, yes a SLAP! I will be slapping my children as and when I see fit, not in an abusive way but to teach them right from wrong. I know words aren't enough, trust me, I was a child once!
We were all a child once, and I'm guessing we all got a smacked backside. How a parent raises their child in terms of using smacking is entirely their business. I'm certainly not opposed to it. It's completely different in this situation. And if it was an adult that threw the biscuit I would have the same opinion. Just because it was a child doesn't make it acceptable to hit him.
[quote][p][bold]CabbageSquam[/bold] wrote: Well if all you silly people didn't think it was okay for kids to do as they please and never get a swift slap then we wouldn't be seeing this on a daily basis. No one dare say anything to kids these days, and those men who got out to confront those kids like sthelenslass suggested and for all any of us know could of been harassed by the rest of the gang to the point they grabbed one to make an example in fear. I could tell you a whole bunch of stories where someone has acted out in fear of thugs who started the whole mess, why should they drive off and let them thugs think its okay to throw things at cars? What if next time it's a brick? What if that time there was an old man or woman who suffered an heartattack in sheer shock? You can never measure the repercussions of what you do and so people need to fear the law/parents/people giving them a smack to stop them doing silly things. The police wouldn't of give a flying poo if these full grown men went in and said a biscuit had been thrown at the car and no accident was caused, but the point is it could of been worse. And those kids need a good slap, yes a SLAP! I will be slapping my children as and when I see fit, not in an abusive way but to teach them right from wrong. I know words aren't enough, trust me, I was a child once![/p][/quote]We were all a child once, and I'm guessing we all got a smacked backside. How a parent raises their child in terms of using smacking is entirely their business. I'm certainly not opposed to it. It's completely different in this situation. And if it was an adult that threw the biscuit I would have the same opinion. Just because it was a child doesn't make it acceptable to hit him. sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

10:27pm Sun 16 Dec 12

CabbageSquam says...

It does, he needs to learn and his parents aren't learning him. They're probably sat in the pub all day collecting their benefits fortnightly! The government and law says it's not okay to smack your child. And I disagree, look what we have on our hands today because of such a silly rule. You're not quite grasping the situation, he threw a biscuit, it could of been anything, and did the driver even know what hit the car? I think he reacted fairly and I would like to say maybe I would be angry if my child was roughed up by an older man for doing such a silly thing but then I'd hope my child wouldn't be so lawless and pathetic. I'm glad he got a slap or two and maybe next time he won't be so fast to do dangerous things!!!
It does, he needs to learn and his parents aren't learning him. They're probably sat in the pub all day collecting their benefits fortnightly! The government and law says it's not okay to smack your child. And I disagree, look what we have on our hands today because of such a silly rule. You're not quite grasping the situation, he threw a biscuit, it could of been anything, and did the driver even know what hit the car? I think he reacted fairly and I would like to say maybe I would be angry if my child was roughed up by an older man for doing such a silly thing but then I'd hope my child wouldn't be so lawless and pathetic. I'm glad he got a slap or two and maybe next time he won't be so fast to do dangerous things!!! CabbageSquam
  • Score: 0

10:37pm Sun 16 Dec 12

sthelenslass says...

CabbageSquam wrote:
It does, he needs to learn and his parents aren't learning him. They're probably sat in the pub all day collecting their benefits fortnightly! The government and law says it's not okay to smack your child. And I disagree, look what we have on our hands today because of such a silly rule. You're not quite grasping the situation, he threw a biscuit, it could of been anything, and did the driver even know what hit the car? I think he reacted fairly and I would like to say maybe I would be angry if my child was roughed up by an older man for doing such a silly thing but then I'd hope my child wouldn't be so lawless and pathetic. I'm glad he got a slap or two and maybe next time he won't be so fast to do dangerous things!!!
I am grasping the situation. I have never disputed it was dangerous. I didn't make the assumption that the child was from the type of environment you describe and make judgements nor did I make the assumption that the driver was a violent wife beating thug. I do not think violence is an acceptable response just because a person loses their temper, towards anyone. I doubt either side will agree on this and it's always good to debate issues. The one thing I've seen everyone agree on is throwing anything onto the road like this is dangerous whether its a child, or in my case adults. There needs to be a tougher stance taken on this by the police.
[quote][p][bold]CabbageSquam[/bold] wrote: It does, he needs to learn and his parents aren't learning him. They're probably sat in the pub all day collecting their benefits fortnightly! The government and law says it's not okay to smack your child. And I disagree, look what we have on our hands today because of such a silly rule. You're not quite grasping the situation, he threw a biscuit, it could of been anything, and did the driver even know what hit the car? I think he reacted fairly and I would like to say maybe I would be angry if my child was roughed up by an older man for doing such a silly thing but then I'd hope my child wouldn't be so lawless and pathetic. I'm glad he got a slap or two and maybe next time he won't be so fast to do dangerous things!!![/p][/quote]I am grasping the situation. I have never disputed it was dangerous. I didn't make the assumption that the child was from the type of environment you describe and make judgements nor did I make the assumption that the driver was a violent wife beating thug. I do not think violence is an acceptable response just because a person loses their temper, towards anyone. I doubt either side will agree on this and it's always good to debate issues. The one thing I've seen everyone agree on is throwing anything onto the road like this is dangerous whether its a child, or in my case adults. There needs to be a tougher stance taken on this by the police. sthelenslass
  • Score: 0

10:42pm Sun 16 Dec 12

CabbageSquam says...

Well the police aren't bothered about us mere little people, they want to catch anyone that's ripping the government off, ie drug sellers, tax dodgers, etc. The welfare of us as citizens is at our own hands and we need to bring our children up better and perhaps rough other peoples children up. I wouldn't like to be attacked for nothing, but then this kid didn't do nothing. They did something very dangerous then had the cheek to go to the police. Would he have been so fast to go to the police if the men hadn't got out of the car and give him a palm slap? No... He would of called him a grass.
Well the police aren't bothered about us mere little people, they want to catch anyone that's ripping the government off, ie drug sellers, tax dodgers, etc. The welfare of us as citizens is at our own hands and we need to bring our children up better and perhaps rough other peoples children up. I wouldn't like to be attacked for nothing, but then this kid didn't do nothing. They did something very dangerous then had the cheek to go to the police. Would he have been so fast to go to the police if the men hadn't got out of the car and give him a palm slap? No... He would of called him a grass. CabbageSquam
  • Score: 0

11:43am Mon 17 Dec 12

jumper says...

It has been said so often the authorities disregard so called minor happenings, not many at the csp monday meeting, you protect your own and get warned or arrested report to the authorities,and as cabbage says you get called a grass ,got the t.shirt and not with kids.The parents or guardians.Put it to them and they call the police and say you are threatening them . The system's gone mad.
It has been said so often the authorities disregard so called minor happenings, not many at the csp monday meeting, you protect your own and get warned or arrested report to the authorities,and as cabbage says you get called a grass ,got the t.shirt and not with kids.The parents or guardians.Put it to them and they call the police and say you are threatening them . The system's gone mad. jumper
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree