Dog was knifed to death as children slept

Paul McCaw killed his dog because he claimed he couldn't afford vets bills.

Cheech the dog was stabbed at least 40 times and then buried in the back garden.

First published in News Exclusive by , Senior Reporter

A MAN has been jailed after stabbing his dog to death, while his children slept upstairs.

Paul McCaw claimed that the Staffordshire Bull Terrier had been suffering excruciating pain in its back legs and he could not afford vets bills.

Rather than seek help, he stabbed the family pet at least 40 times with a six-inch kitchen and buried it in his back garden.

The gruesome crime was unmasked after neighbours raised concerns, which led to RSPCA inspectors called at the 27-year-old’s home on Alder Street, Newton-le-Willows in May.

In a hearing at St Helens Magistrates’ Court, Peter Mitchell, prosecuting on behalf of the RSPCA, said the father-of-three appeared to know why they were there and claimed to have strangled the dog the day before.

Mr Mitchell explained: “He said that the dog collapsed in pain, so he took it into the back garden and he strangled it, taking about 20 minutes.

“He gave inspectors permission to dig up the body and continued with the deception, taking them to a field beside a cemetery. He alleged the dog was buried there, but it clearly wasn’t the case.

“After not recovering the body they returned to the defendant’s address, because they believed it was buried in the back garden.

“He refused them access and became hostile.”

The inspectors left before returning with a police officer. In the back garden, they noticed a patch of soil, which had recently been disturbed.

They began to dig and it was not long before they made their grim discovery.

The ten-year-old dog named Cheech was covered in multiple stab wounds and soaked in blood.

Mr Mitchell said that one of the wounds looked as if McCaw had attempted to “slash its wrist”.

It also had wounds to its head, chest and neck.

Its body was taken to Liverpool for a post-mortem. Going back to the house, they noticed numerous blood stains on table legs and a children’s toy box.

A section of lino had also been cut away and there was dried blood found on the remaining edge. At that stage he agreed to hand over his other dog to them.

In total Cheech suffered 40 wounds - with one puncturing a lung - causing it to collapse. Mr Mitchell said the dog died drowning in its own blood.

Under police interview, he said Cheech had been struggling with his legs for the past ten-months.

Mr Mitchell described how McCaw lay beside his dog and tried to slit its throat, before plunging the six inch kitchen knife into its chest.

McCaw claimed that Cheech’s arthritis stemmed from an injury he sustained in a traffic collision when he was just two.

His defending solicitor Mark Brown said McCaw had previously sought veterinary help, for Cheech.

On the night he was killed, Cheech jumped off the settee and appeared to be in pain. McCaw had given it half a paracetamol tablet in the past, but on this night, the dog snapped and bit him, said Mr Brown.

He added: “In his own mind (McGraw), was of the view that Cheech was suffering and needed to be put out of its misery. No vet is going to turn away a dog that needs to be treated, which is what he should have done.”

In what Mr Brown described as “quite a set of shocking circumstances”, he said that McCaw initially attempted to smother the dog, but it didn’t work, so he decided to stab it.

“The next morning, the children came down, but couldn’t find the dog. He told them it had died and had gone to doggy heaven.

“He didn’t even tell his partner and that appeared to be that. Then two days later the inspectors came knocking.”

Jailing him for 18-weeks, magistrates’ also banned him from keeping animals for 20 years.

RSPCA inspector Louise Showering said: "This dog suffered an absolutely terrible, violent death at the hands of an owner who had been responsible for her for almost her entire life.

"Though he says he thought he was putting her out of her misery, he actually caused her to suffer much more with the actions he took. First trying to suffocate her then stabbing her many, many times.

"I can't imagine what this dog's final hours must have been like at the hands of someone she loved.

"It certainly wasn't the dignified and pain-free end most owners hope for their beloved pets."

Comments (38)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:39pm Thu 22 Nov 12

smith&weston says...

Another ' big man " !. His partner and kids must be really proud of him.
Another ' big man " !. His partner and kids must be really proud of him. smith&weston
  • Score: 0

4:37pm Thu 22 Nov 12

sarahlh says...

Horrible, disgusting creature, if he is capable of doing this do a defenceless animal then what on earth else is he capable of. It's scary, obviously doesn't have a conscience!! How could anyone do that to their pet or any animal for that matter, baffles me.

They should throw away the key! I hope he gets his comeuppance in jail. Scum bag
Horrible, disgusting creature, if he is capable of doing this do a defenceless animal then what on earth else is he capable of. It's scary, obviously doesn't have a conscience!! How could anyone do that to their pet or any animal for that matter, baffles me. They should throw away the key! I hope he gets his comeuppance in jail. Scum bag sarahlh
  • Score: 1

7:08pm Thu 22 Nov 12

Sankey says...

Words cannot describe this piece of human filth.
Words cannot describe this piece of human filth. Sankey
  • Score: 1

9:09pm Fri 23 Nov 12

bbejjb123 says...

i cant stop thinking of this poor dog, i cant believe that people actually do things like this, i feel sick,
the law needs to change,
murder anything and u should get life, theres no excuse, at the end of the day that person is a killer and shouldnt be on the streets
i cant stop thinking of this poor dog, i cant believe that people actually do things like this, i feel sick, the law needs to change, murder anything and u should get life, theres no excuse, at the end of the day that person is a killer and shouldnt be on the streets bbejjb123
  • Score: 2

8:47pm Sat 24 Nov 12

sedgewick100 says...

This is just so tragic, the suffering that poor dog had is unforgivable, all she ever did was love, the poor children, to loose their pet that way, 18 weeks jail time, we all know that will be a LOT less, he needs a longer prison time and a lifetime ban, because of this I urge you all to go to, http://www.pawsforth
ought-alfieslaw.co.u
k/ and sign the E petition, Government approved, Animal cruelty improved legislation, do it for this poor staffie.
This is just so tragic, the suffering that poor dog had is unforgivable, all she ever did was love, the poor children, to loose their pet that way, 18 weeks jail time, we all know that will be a LOT less, he needs a longer prison time and a lifetime ban, because of this I urge you all to go to, http://www.pawsforth ought-alfieslaw.co.u k/ and sign the E petition, Government approved, Animal cruelty improved legislation, do it for this poor staffie. sedgewick100
  • Score: 1

9:26pm Sat 24 Nov 12

TrishM says...

I cannot believe somebody could ever be depraved enough to cause their pet to suffer so many pain in the most awful way yet all he gets is 18 weeks. He should have been charged with murder as that's what it is - animal or not murder is murder. It's time the Law was changed as the current sentencing is no deterrent. This is why I support Pawsforthought Alfie's Law and I urge you all to do the same.
I cannot believe somebody could ever be depraved enough to cause their pet to suffer so many pain in the most awful way yet all he gets is 18 weeks. He should have been charged with murder as that's what it is - animal or not murder is murder. It's time the Law was changed as the current sentencing is no deterrent. This is why I support Pawsforthought Alfie's Law and I urge you all to do the same. TrishM
  • Score: 1

12:20am Sun 25 Nov 12

bbejjb123 says...

TrishM wrote:
I cannot believe somebody could ever be depraved enough to cause their pet to suffer so many pain in the most awful way yet all he gets is 18 weeks. He should have been charged with murder as that's what it is - animal or not murder is murder. It's time the Law was changed as the current sentencing is no deterrent. This is why I support Pawsforthought Alfie's Law and I urge you all to do the same.
everytime i look at my own dog all i can think of is this dog im so angry over it, seriously this killer needs to be resentenced its not fair, i even feel like im been punished because since reading this ive been so down, i just cant get over the fact of the killer firstly trying to smoother the dog for 20 mins and then stabbing it 41 times in front of the other dog that he owend, if hes allowed stright back on the streets of st helens/merseyside then im moving hes evil, i hope hes having the worst nightmares possible,
[quote][p][bold]TrishM[/bold] wrote: I cannot believe somebody could ever be depraved enough to cause their pet to suffer so many pain in the most awful way yet all he gets is 18 weeks. He should have been charged with murder as that's what it is - animal or not murder is murder. It's time the Law was changed as the current sentencing is no deterrent. This is why I support Pawsforthought Alfie's Law and I urge you all to do the same.[/p][/quote]everytime i look at my own dog all i can think of is this dog im so angry over it, seriously this killer needs to be resentenced its not fair, i even feel like im been punished because since reading this ive been so down, i just cant get over the fact of the killer firstly trying to smoother the dog for 20 mins and then stabbing it 41 times in front of the other dog that he owend, if hes allowed stright back on the streets of st helens/merseyside then im moving hes evil, i hope hes having the worst nightmares possible, bbejjb123
  • Score: 1

7:23am Sun 25 Nov 12

lovesthelens says...

What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved.

Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.
What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved. Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented. lovesthelens
  • Score: 0

10:54am Sun 25 Nov 12

krys says...

if i was this mans partner id be running for the hills.if hes capable of doing this to an old dog hes owned for 10 years it makes you wonder what else hes capable of.id certainly not want to be around him nor want my childen around a man who is capable of such premeditated violence.i hope theres some animal lovers in jail who give him some torture as hes dished out to this poor old dog.what a reward for years of loyalty this dog was repaid with.
if i was this mans partner id be running for the hills.if hes capable of doing this to an old dog hes owned for 10 years it makes you wonder what else hes capable of.id certainly not want to be around him nor want my childen around a man who is capable of such premeditated violence.i hope theres some animal lovers in jail who give him some torture as hes dished out to this poor old dog.what a reward for years of loyalty this dog was repaid with. krys
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Sun 25 Nov 12

pitbullboxing says...

Sub human scum. The dog is worth a hundred times what he is. I'm glad there is a picture of him.
Sub human scum. The dog is worth a hundred times what he is. I'm glad there is a picture of him. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

4:02pm Sun 25 Nov 12

jumper says...

18 weeks
18 weeks jumper
  • Score: 0

7:32pm Sun 25 Nov 12

sedgewick100 says...

lovesthelens wrote:
What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved.

Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.
I wouldn't call it 'Bizarre', I would call it 'EVIL' he murdered that poor dog, the short jail sentence he got was a joke, 2 years would of been much better, a life ban from owning animals as well.
[quote][p][bold]lovesthelens[/bold] wrote: What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved. Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't call it 'Bizarre', I would call it 'EVIL' he murdered that poor dog, the short jail sentence he got was a joke, 2 years would of been much better, a life ban from owning animals as well. sedgewick100
  • Score: 0

8:02pm Sun 25 Nov 12

TrishM says...

lovesthelens wrote:
What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved.

Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.
The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life.

What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law
[quote][p][bold]lovesthelens[/bold] wrote: What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved. Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.[/p][/quote]The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life. What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law TrishM
  • Score: 0

9:43pm Sun 25 Nov 12

bbejjb123 says...

TrishM wrote:
lovesthelens wrote:
What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved.

Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.
The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life.

What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law
He didnt get the jail time that he deserved ,the dog was ripped apart,she actually drowned in her own blood, he's a monster, the way this dog suffered as broke my heart, god knows what the dog went through whilst living with him all them years, he makes my skin crawl
[quote][p][bold]TrishM[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lovesthelens[/bold] wrote: What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved. Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.[/p][/quote]The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life. What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law[/p][/quote]He didnt get the jail time that he deserved ,the dog was ripped apart,she actually drowned in her own blood, he's a monster, the way this dog suffered as broke my heart, god knows what the dog went through whilst living with him all them years, he makes my skin crawl bbejjb123
  • Score: 1

10:46pm Sun 25 Nov 12

TrishM says...

bbejjb123 wrote:
TrishM wrote:
lovesthelens wrote:
What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved.

Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.
The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life.

What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law
He didnt get the jail time that he deserved ,the dog was ripped apart,she actually drowned in her own blood, he's a monster, the way this dog suffered as broke my heart, god knows what the dog went through whilst living with him all them years, he makes my skin crawl
I take it from your comments that you have signed Alfie's Law?

I agree with your comments. He should have had a much longer sentence and he's a monster. I do hope if he tries to get another pet - not just a dog - that somebody will report him.
[quote][p][bold]bbejjb123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TrishM[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lovesthelens[/bold] wrote: What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved. Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.[/p][/quote]The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life. What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law[/p][/quote]He didnt get the jail time that he deserved ,the dog was ripped apart,she actually drowned in her own blood, he's a monster, the way this dog suffered as broke my heart, god knows what the dog went through whilst living with him all them years, he makes my skin crawl[/p][/quote]I take it from your comments that you have signed Alfie's Law? I agree with your comments. He should have had a much longer sentence and he's a monster. I do hope if he tries to get another pet - not just a dog - that somebody will report him. TrishM
  • Score: 0

11:16pm Sun 25 Nov 12

bbejjb123 says...

TrishM wrote:
bbejjb123 wrote:
TrishM wrote:
lovesthelens wrote:
What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved.

Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.
The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life.

What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law
He didnt get the jail time that he deserved ,the dog was ripped apart,she actually drowned in her own blood, he's a monster, the way this dog suffered as broke my heart, god knows what the dog went through whilst living with him all them years, he makes my skin crawl
I take it from your comments that you have signed Alfie's Law?

I agree with your comments. He should have had a much longer sentence and he's a monster. I do hope if he tries to get another pet - not just a dog - that somebody will report him.
Yes I've signed it , but I think the petition needs more publicity, because I hadn't heard of Alfies law untill i had followed your link, thanks again.
[quote][p][bold]TrishM[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bbejjb123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TrishM[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lovesthelens[/bold] wrote: What a bizzarre story. Glad he got the jail time that he deserved. Was a truly wicked thing to do but I think that the comments about giving out a life sentence for killing an animal are demented.[/p][/quote]The only bizarre thing here is you don't think he should be banned for life. What is demented is he only got 18 weeks - not that he'll serve that time. How do you know he's not going to attack a child next? We need to protect every animal and child and the only way to do that is with Alfie's Law[/p][/quote]He didnt get the jail time that he deserved ,the dog was ripped apart,she actually drowned in her own blood, he's a monster, the way this dog suffered as broke my heart, god knows what the dog went through whilst living with him all them years, he makes my skin crawl[/p][/quote]I take it from your comments that you have signed Alfie's Law? I agree with your comments. He should have had a much longer sentence and he's a monster. I do hope if he tries to get another pet - not just a dog - that somebody will report him.[/p][/quote]Yes I've signed it , but I think the petition needs more publicity, because I hadn't heard of Alfies law untill i had followed your link, thanks again. bbejjb123
  • Score: 0

11:29pm Sun 25 Nov 12

lovesthelens says...

Trish M I didn't state an opinion on whether or not he should be banned from keeping animals for life.

It costs upwards of 40k a year to keep someone in prison. I would rather pay for him to do eighteen weeks prison rather than a ...ha ha.... life sentence for killing a dog.

Killing an animal in such a way is abhorrant but is never murder.

Alfie's law is illconceived and demented. I bet the farm that it will never be passed.
Trish M I didn't state an opinion on whether or not he should be banned from keeping animals for life. It costs upwards of 40k a year to keep someone in prison. I would rather pay for him to do eighteen weeks prison rather than a ...ha ha.... life sentence for killing a dog. Killing an animal in such a way is abhorrant but is never murder. Alfie's law is illconceived and demented. I bet the farm that it will never be passed. lovesthelens
  • Score: 0

8:01am Mon 26 Nov 12

TrishM says...

lovesthelens wrote:
Trish M I didn't state an opinion on whether or not he should be banned from keeping animals for life.

It costs upwards of 40k a year to keep someone in prison. I would rather pay for him to do eighteen weeks prison rather than a ...ha ha.... life sentence for killing a dog.

Killing an animal in such a way is abhorrant but is never murder.

Alfie's law is illconceived and demented. I bet the farm that it will never be passed.
That's what is wrong with this country and with people like you in it animal cruelty will keep happening. You're starting to make me feel uneasy by saying murdering an animal ISN'T murder - what would you call it? Do you think animals don't have the same rights as us just because they are animals? 24,000 people don't agree with your comments as they've signed Alfie's Law. Are you aware it's proven that those who abuse animals go on to abuse humans? Are you happy for an animal abuser to go on and do that? Sounds to me like you're living in the Dark Ages. Animals have the same rights as us. Who put Man in charge of animals to do as they wish? We are supposed to live alongside one another - not man killing a dog just because he can.
[quote][p][bold]lovesthelens[/bold] wrote: Trish M I didn't state an opinion on whether or not he should be banned from keeping animals for life. It costs upwards of 40k a year to keep someone in prison. I would rather pay for him to do eighteen weeks prison rather than a ...ha ha.... life sentence for killing a dog. Killing an animal in such a way is abhorrant but is never murder. Alfie's law is illconceived and demented. I bet the farm that it will never be passed.[/p][/quote]That's what is wrong with this country and with people like you in it animal cruelty will keep happening. You're starting to make me feel uneasy by saying murdering an animal ISN'T murder - what would you call it? Do you think animals don't have the same rights as us just because they are animals? 24,000 people don't agree with your comments as they've signed Alfie's Law. Are you aware it's proven that those who abuse animals go on to abuse humans? Are you happy for an animal abuser to go on and do that? Sounds to me like you're living in the Dark Ages. Animals have the same rights as us. Who put Man in charge of animals to do as they wish? We are supposed to live alongside one another - not man killing a dog just because he can. TrishM
  • Score: 0

8:36am Mon 26 Nov 12

Coralea logan robinson says...

I have to say I dont agree with what this paper has just said regarding Alfies law. People who are trying to change a system thats clearly wrong is worth supporting in my humble opinion. Cruelty sells why? Because it disgusts people who are genuine. Perhaps you should ask why you are NOT supporting it? I must say if it was not for Alfies law I would never of heard of you!!! 24,000 people have read what Alfie has to say though, she IS being heard like it or not.
I have to say I dont agree with what this paper has just said regarding Alfies law. People who are trying to change a system thats clearly wrong is worth supporting in my humble opinion. Cruelty sells why? Because it disgusts people who are genuine. Perhaps you should ask why you are NOT supporting it? I must say if it was not for Alfies law I would never of heard of you!!! 24,000 people have read what Alfie has to say though, she IS being heard like it or not. Coralea logan robinson
  • Score: 0

8:53am Mon 26 Nov 12

sedgewick100 says...

TrishM wrote:
lovesthelens wrote:
Trish M I didn't state an opinion on whether or not he should be banned from keeping animals for life.

It costs upwards of 40k a year to keep someone in prison. I would rather pay for him to do eighteen weeks prison rather than a ...ha ha.... life sentence for killing a dog.

Killing an animal in such a way is abhorrant but is never murder.

Alfie's law is illconceived and demented. I bet the farm that it will never be passed.
That's what is wrong with this country and with people like you in it animal cruelty will keep happening. You're starting to make me feel uneasy by saying murdering an animal ISN'T murder - what would you call it? Do you think animals don't have the same rights as us just because they are animals? 24,000 people don't agree with your comments as they've signed Alfie's Law. Are you aware it's proven that those who abuse animals go on to abuse humans? Are you happy for an animal abuser to go on and do that? Sounds to me like you're living in the Dark Ages. Animals have the same rights as us. Who put Man in charge of animals to do as they wish? We are supposed to live alongside one another - not man killing a dog just because he can.
VERY well said Trish, how is stabbing a dog, who would of felt excruciating pain with every stab, not murder, I also feel uneasy, how easy it is to then progress on to children, then to adults, which, as Trish states, HAS been proven, you are one alone, we are 24,000 together, alfie's law, all the way.
[quote][p][bold]TrishM[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lovesthelens[/bold] wrote: Trish M I didn't state an opinion on whether or not he should be banned from keeping animals for life. It costs upwards of 40k a year to keep someone in prison. I would rather pay for him to do eighteen weeks prison rather than a ...ha ha.... life sentence for killing a dog. Killing an animal in such a way is abhorrant but is never murder. Alfie's law is illconceived and demented. I bet the farm that it will never be passed.[/p][/quote]That's what is wrong with this country and with people like you in it animal cruelty will keep happening. You're starting to make me feel uneasy by saying murdering an animal ISN'T murder - what would you call it? Do you think animals don't have the same rights as us just because they are animals? 24,000 people don't agree with your comments as they've signed Alfie's Law. Are you aware it's proven that those who abuse animals go on to abuse humans? Are you happy for an animal abuser to go on and do that? Sounds to me like you're living in the Dark Ages. Animals have the same rights as us. Who put Man in charge of animals to do as they wish? We are supposed to live alongside one another - not man killing a dog just because he can.[/p][/quote]VERY well said Trish, how is stabbing a dog, who would of felt excruciating pain with every stab, not murder, I also feel uneasy, how easy it is to then progress on to children, then to adults, which, as Trish states, HAS been proven, you are one alone, we are 24,000 together, alfie's law, all the way. sedgewick100
  • Score: 0

10:35am Mon 26 Nov 12

lovesthelens says...

Trish I suggest that you look up the definition of murder as your clearly misguided.

Your making a lot of asumptions about me simply because I don't agree with you childish, kneejerk, Daily Mail reading ideas. I love animals but am probably a bit more balanced in my thinking than you appear to be.

24,000 people may support Alfie's law but I don't and neither do the RSPCA, the police or the judicary.
There's a good reason for that - it's totally unworkable and has been dreamed up by some idiot with little grasp on reality.
Trish I suggest that you look up the definition of murder as your clearly misguided. Your making a lot of asumptions about me simply because I don't agree with you childish, kneejerk, Daily Mail reading ideas. I love animals but am probably a bit more balanced in my thinking than you appear to be. 24,000 people may support Alfie's law but I don't and neither do the RSPCA, the police or the judicary. There's a good reason for that - it's totally unworkable and has been dreamed up by some idiot with little grasp on reality. lovesthelens
  • Score: 0

10:46am Mon 26 Nov 12

pitbullboxing says...

There's always one isn't there.
There's always one isn't there. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

11:47am Mon 26 Nov 12

TrishM says...

I actually think you are the one who should look up what murder actually is! If this was done to a human being it would be classed as such so why are you trying (and failing) to tell me because its a dog it's not murder? Both acts are the same - the only difference is the victim.
I actually think you are the one who should look up what murder actually is! If this was done to a human being it would be classed as such so why are you trying (and failing) to tell me because its a dog it's not murder? Both acts are the same - the only difference is the victim. TrishM
  • Score: 0

11:47am Mon 26 Nov 12

TrishM says...

I actually think you are the one who should look up what murder actually is! If this was done to a human being it would be classed as such so why are you trying (and failing) to tell me because its a dog it's not murder? Both acts are the same - the only difference is the victim.
I actually think you are the one who should look up what murder actually is! If this was done to a human being it would be classed as such so why are you trying (and failing) to tell me because its a dog it's not murder? Both acts are the same - the only difference is the victim. TrishM
  • Score: 0

11:47am Mon 26 Nov 12

TrishM says...

I actually think you are the one who should look up what murder actually is! If this was done to a human being it would be classed as such so why are you trying (and failing) to tell me because its a dog it's not murder? Both acts are the same - the only difference is the victim.
I actually think you are the one who should look up what murder actually is! If this was done to a human being it would be classed as such so why are you trying (and failing) to tell me because its a dog it's not murder? Both acts are the same - the only difference is the victim. TrishM
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Mon 26 Nov 12

lovesthelens says...

Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter). As the loss of a human being inflicts enormous grief upon the individuals close to the victim, as well as the fact that the commission of a murder is highly detrimental to the good order within society, most societies both present and in antiquity have considered it a most serious crime worthy of the harshest of punishment. In most countries, a person convicted of murder is typically given a long prison sentence, possibly a life sentence where permitted, and in some countries, the death penalty may be imposed for such an act — though this practice is becoming less common. In most countries, there is no statute of limitations for murder (no time limit for prosecuting someone for murder). A person who commits murder is called a murderer.

Hope this helps. As you can see murder is an act by a human against another human.

I suppose that you think an abbartoir worker is a serial killer or mass murderer?!

This is going to be my last post on this subject. I'm sure that you mean well but I feel like I'm debating with a child.
Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter). As the loss of a human being inflicts enormous grief upon the individuals close to the victim, as well as the fact that the commission of a murder is highly detrimental to the good order within society, most societies both present and in antiquity have considered it a most serious crime worthy of the harshest of punishment. In most countries, a person convicted of murder is typically given a long prison sentence, possibly a life sentence where permitted, and in some countries, the death penalty may be imposed for such an act — though this practice is becoming less common.[1] In most countries, there is no statute of limitations for murder (no time limit for prosecuting someone for murder).[citation needed] A person who commits murder is called a murderer. Hope this helps. As you can see murder is an act by a human against another human. I suppose that you think an abbartoir worker is a serial killer or mass murderer?! This is going to be my last post on this subject. I'm sure that you mean well but I feel like I'm debating with a child. lovesthelens
  • Score: 0

6:59pm Mon 26 Nov 12

Pingoothecat says...

lovethehelens, there was certainly "malice aforethought" when this evil man murdered that poor dog. You can't dispute that. Murder is murder, whether it's done to an animal or human. Just because an animal is not a human does not mean it can't feel pain and suffer. I don't care what half-baked opinion you have quoted from some dictionary, it does not change the fact that the action carried out by this evil thug was murder. What else can it be? Your saying "As the loss of a human being inflicts enormous grief upon the individuals close to the victim..." And you really think people don't grieve for animals? You are obviously seriously mentally lacking in something. You say it costs tax payers' money to keep this man in jail. Well this evil murderer of that poor dog deserves the death penalty, and if there was a law that could be passed to bring the death penalty on animal murderers, I and my family and friends would most definitely support it!
And don't bother to reply to this post because I won't be returning to read provocative comments as I only have time to submit one post; I don't have time for online arguments, especially with people who can't understand what murder is.
lovethehelens, there was certainly "malice aforethought" when this evil man murdered that poor dog. You can't dispute that. Murder is murder, whether it's done to an animal or human. Just because an animal is not a human does not mean it can't feel pain and suffer. I don't care what half-baked opinion you have quoted from some dictionary, it does not change the fact that the action carried out by this evil thug was murder. What else can it be? Your saying "As the loss of a human being inflicts enormous grief upon the individuals close to the victim..." And you really think people don't grieve for animals? You are obviously seriously mentally lacking in something. You say it costs tax payers' money to keep this man in jail. Well this evil murderer of that poor dog deserves the death penalty, and if there was a law that could be passed to bring the death penalty on animal murderers, I and my family and friends would most definitely support it! And don't bother to reply to this post because I won't be returning to read provocative comments as I only have time to submit one post; I don't have time for online arguments, especially with people who can't understand what murder is. Pingoothecat
  • Score: 0

7:54pm Mon 26 Nov 12

krys says...

guys calm down, i think we all agree that what this man did was abhorrent and his reaction was totally over the top to the dogs illness.he should have taken the dog to a vet and sought relief for his pain.debating the punishment that ought to be given to him is a waste of time,the fact is that most animal abuses get pitiful sentences (if any) and a lot of them arent even banned from owning another pet.mosy just get aslap on the wrist but its been proved time and again that people who abuse pets can also abuse their partners and their children too.and a lot of them progress to abuse of other human beings like the elderly.people who do his sort of thing need to be flagged up and made to undergo some form of psychiatric evaluation and education.if we dont then theyll do it again and again...
guys calm down, i think we all agree that what this man did was abhorrent and his reaction was totally over the top to the dogs illness.he should have taken the dog to a vet and sought relief for his pain.debating the punishment that ought to be given to him is a waste of time,the fact is that most animal abuses get pitiful sentences (if any) and a lot of them arent even banned from owning another pet.mosy just get aslap on the wrist but its been proved time and again that people who abuse pets can also abuse their partners and their children too.and a lot of them progress to abuse of other human beings like the elderly.people who do his sort of thing need to be flagged up and made to undergo some form of psychiatric evaluation and education.if we dont then theyll do it again and again... krys
  • Score: 0

8:31pm Mon 26 Nov 12

pitbullboxing says...

You may feel like you are debating with a child - but you have made a crucial spelling error , "abbartoir" as you put it , is in fact "abattoir" . Hope this helps.
You may feel like you are debating with a child - but you have made a crucial spelling error , "abbartoir" as you put it , is in fact "abattoir" . Hope this helps. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

9:28pm Mon 26 Nov 12

jumper says...

What has the Daily Mail done wrong
What has the Daily Mail done wrong jumper
  • Score: 0

10:06pm Mon 26 Nov 12

lovesthelens says...

Thanks for the advice. Just a typo Pitbull as I make my posts on an iPhone..

Ironic that your giving me advice on spelling when your brief post is full of grammatical and synatx errors ha ha
Thanks for the advice. Just a typo Pitbull as I make my posts on an iPhone.. Ironic that your giving me advice on spelling when your brief post is full of grammatical and synatx errors ha ha lovesthelens
  • Score: 0

10:07pm Mon 26 Nov 12

lovesthelens says...

Syntax - that pesky iPhone again ha ha
Syntax - that pesky iPhone again ha ha lovesthelens
  • Score: 0

10:38pm Mon 26 Nov 12

pitbullboxing says...

Can you elaborate on that? Seeing as you have already started posting on the thread again , you may as well educate me.I see one comma that could be perhaps misplaced.
Can you elaborate on that? Seeing as you have already started posting on the thread again , you may as well educate me.I see one comma that could be perhaps misplaced. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:41pm Mon 26 Nov 12

pitbullboxing says...

and indeed a full stop.
and indeed a full stop. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

10:49pm Mon 26 Nov 12

pitbullboxing says...

and should you not end your sentences with a full stop?? I like your pictures though , they are good. x
and should you not end your sentences with a full stop?? I like your pictures though , they are good. x pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

5:27am Tue 27 Nov 12

lovesthelens says...

I haven't posted again on the subject Pitbull. Just replied to you trying to be padantic and clever and failing miserably. Your evidently not very bright and look a little silly.

I imagine you create most of your literary wonders in crayon so I haven't the time or inclination to educate you or to dumb down to your level. I believe that the local college is offering free English tuition so it may be worth you popping down there.

Your not adding anything to this thread so why bother posting.

This will be the last time I post on this thread or bother to look at it again as it's becoming infantile.
I haven't posted again on the subject Pitbull. Just replied to you trying to be padantic and clever and failing miserably. Your evidently not very bright and look a little silly. I imagine you create most of your literary wonders in crayon so I haven't the time or inclination to educate you or to dumb down to your level. I believe that the local college is offering free English tuition so it may be worth you popping down there. Your not adding anything to this thread so why bother posting. This will be the last time I post on this thread or bother to look at it again as it's becoming infantile. lovesthelens
  • Score: 0

9:55am Tue 27 Nov 12

pitbullboxing says...

Oh dear , ruffled a few feathers there ! Another one that has to do his fighting with a keyboard.
What is it this time ? Repressed sexuality? unhappy with your Mother?
Thanks for checking in so early to the thread though, and have a nice day in work , you must have a great job being so much above the rest of us.
I'm afraid having finished my degree I can't get funding for another year , so you will have to learn how to spell and where to put commas yourself.
Oh dear , ruffled a few feathers there ! Another one that has to do his fighting with a keyboard. What is it this time ? Repressed sexuality? unhappy with your Mother? Thanks for checking in so early to the thread though, and have a nice day in work , you must have a great job being so much above the rest of us. I'm afraid having finished my degree I can't get funding for another year , so you will have to learn how to spell and where to put commas yourself. pitbullboxing
  • Score: 0

4:50pm Tue 27 Nov 12

icce says...

Do you really have to stab a dog over 40 times to put it out of its misery, is there only me that thinks his story stinks? That amount of overkill suggests rage, anger and loss of control in my opinion, and if that is how he reacts to anger then god help others around him be it animal or human.
Do you really have to stab a dog over 40 times to put it out of its misery, is there only me that thinks his story stinks? That amount of overkill suggests rage, anger and loss of control in my opinion, and if that is how he reacts to anger then god help others around him be it animal or human. icce
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree