Send us news by text, start your message Star News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Crime for WA9 1LX
Street-level crime and anti-social behaviour in from the Home Office.
To protect privacy, crimes are mapped to points on or near the road where they occurred.
- All crime & ASB
- Public disorder & weapons
- Vehicle crime
- Criminal damage & arson
- Violent crime
- Other theft
- Other crime
Street name Crime type
Police station and neighbourhood policing team
Neighbourhood police station
St Helens Police Station
St Helens Police Station
College Street, St Helens
open 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week
St Helens Town Centre neighbourhood policing team
- Inspector Matthew Boyle
- Hello, I am Inspector Boyle and I am pleased to be posted to the St. Helens area as your local neighbourhood Police Inspector. I am new to St. Helens but have on occasion been deployed to various parts of the area whilst posted to specialist departments so have some, but limited geographical knowledge. I have travelled across Merseyside Police over the past 15 years whilst engaged in a variety of roles within the organisation. I have worked in both the Knowsley and Sefton areas of the force and have been lucky enough to have also worked within many specialist departments, including Matrix and one of my favourite roles as the Head of the Dog Section. Prior to taking up this new post I spent 6 months at Merseyside Police Headquarters as the Temporary Chief Inspector looking after Force Operations. I understand that many of you will have differing expectations of what your Policing service should provide and more importantly how this service is delivered. I want to assure all of you that I will make my very best attempts to provide a Policing service to your communities which reflects your expectations. I want to encourage you all to "Have Your Say" on the Policing issues that you believe are affecting your neighbourhoods. We will need to work together throughout my tenure to deal with the issues giving you cause for concern in our neighbourhoods. I look forward to meeting you at various community events, Police surgeries and "Have your Say" priorities setting meetings. I have met your dedicated policing team and I am confident they will give their best on a daily basis in serving your community. I welcome any feedback that you wish to provide to me or any member of my team. Many thanks and best wishes for the future. Inspector Boyle.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Jennifer Boardman
- My name is Jennifer Boardman. I have been a Police Community Support Officer in the St. Helens Town Centre neighbourhood since 2007 initially covering the Peasley Cross area. As of January 2011 I joined the Fingerpost neighbourhood team and I am enjoying patrolling the local area meeting with residents and partners and helping address any issues giving cause for concern within our local communities.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Ben Gravener
- My name is Ben Gravener I have been in Merseyside Police for the last six months as a Police Community Support Officer covering the St. Helens town centre area. I enjoy patrolling the area getting to know residents, partners from community and volunteer groups and retailers within the town centre area.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Alan Gregory
- My name is Alan Gregory I have been a Police Community Support Officer in St. Helens town centre for the last four years. For the last year I have worked in the Greenbank and Westfield areas having previously covered the Fingerpost and Peasley Cross neighbourhoods. I very much enjoy patrolling the local area meeting local residents and working with our partners to help address any issues or concerns within the local community.
- Neighbourhood Support Officer Joan Hetherington
- I am Joan Hetherington and for the last two and half years. I have been the Neighbourhood Support Officer assisting the town centre team with any administrative tasks. My role is varied and I enjoy contributing to the smooth running of neighbourhood operations, dealing with telephone enquiries and scheduling Police Surgeries and Crime Prevention Events.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Steven Hunter
- My name is Steven Hunter. I am a Police Community Support Officer that covers the Fingerpost and Peasley Cross area. I have been in Merseyside Police since 2009. The most rewarding part of my role has been setting up a monthly football tournament for the youths in my area. This has been very successful and is providing a safe environment for local youths and is helping address anti social behaviour.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Sarah Lucas
- My name is Sarah Lucas. I am a Police Community Support Officer for St Helens Town Centre. I enjoy patrolling the area and getting to know residents, Partners from community and volunteer groups and retailers within the Town Centre Area. I have only worked for Merseyside Police for 6 Months and I look forward to meeting more members if the community.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Mustafa Ozcin
- My name is Mustafa Ozcin and I am the Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) for St Helens Town Centre. I enjoy meeting all of the local residents and find tackling their issues the most interesting part of the work. You will see me out and about in the community.
- Dedicated Constable Derek Roberts
- My name is Derek Roberts. I am a Dedicated Neighbourhood Police Officer covering the St Helens Town Centre area. I have been in Merseyside Police since 1997 working as a response officer until four years ago when joined the town centre neighbourhood team. As a dedicated neighbourhood officer I enjoy maintaining and strengthening links with residents and partners whilst encouraging the report of any suspicious activity,this promotes intelligence gathering which allows the neighbourhood team to address issues giving cause for concern throughout our communities.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Jon Severs
- My name is Jon Severs. I am a Police Community Support Officer that covers St Helens Town Centre. I have been in Merseyside Police for 6 years. During my time as a Police Community Support Officer I enjoy working with partners to resolve issues that local residents and members of the business community have raised as issues.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Donna Shimmin
- My name is Donna Shimmin and I am the Police Community Support Officer for the St Helens Town Centre Area. I have been in this roll since February 2007. I enjoy meeting all of the local residents in my area and helping them with any issues they may have.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Alan Range
- My name is Alan Range. I am a Police Community Support Officer for the Fingerpost and Peasley Cross Area. I previously worked in St Helens Town Centre before moving to Fingerpost a year ago. I enjoy speaking to the local residents and providing them with Crime Prevention and Safety Advice.
- Special Inspector Jill Hall
- I am acting Special Inspector Jill Hall and for the last five and half years as Special Sergeant I have lead a team of Special Constabulary volunteers who support the town centre team with every aspect of neighbourhood policing including routine patrolling and speeding operations. I enjoy meeting residents of and visitors to the town centre and maintaining strong links with the business and retail community.
- Police Community Support and Traffic Officer Katie Shepherd
- My name is Katie Shepherd and I am the Police Community Support Officer for the Fingerpost Area. I have worked in this area for 4 years. I enjoy liaising with my local tenants and residents association and dealing with any problems they may have.
- Sergeant Mark Stanisstreet
- I am Mark Stanisstreet and I am delighted to introduce myself as one of your dedicated town centre neighbourhood Sergeants. I joined Merseyside Police in 1997 initially posted to the Sefton area as a response officer spending a year with the neighbourhood team from 2001. I joined the Support Group (Matrix Disruption Team) in 2002 engaged in a variety of roles until 2009 when I was promoted as a response Sergeant to St Helens. I joined your town centre dedicated team 17th September 2012 and look forward to meeting residents and partners throughout our neighbourhood as we work together to ensure our communities are safe, pleasant areas. It is important we address the issues which are giving you cause for concern and I want to encourage your participation in the priorities setting process by attending the monthly "Have Your Say" meetings or speaking directly to your neighbourhood team at one of the local police surgeries. Details of meetings and surgeries are posted in a number of community and public locations around the area as well as in your monthly newsletter. Alternatively please visit www.merseyside.police.uk to view all your neighbourhood information.
- Police Community Support Officer Wesley Naylor
- My name is Wesley Naylor. I am a Police Community Support Officer that covers the St Helens town centre area. You will see me regularly out and about. I enjoy patrolling the area and meeting local residents.
About this neighbourhood
News, priorities and information about your local officers in St Helens Town Centre neighbourhood
The force responsible for policing and crime prevention in this area is Merseyside Police.
Messages and events
St Helens Town Centre - Have Your Say
When: 25th June 2013, 6.00pm
Where: Room 10, Town Hall, Victoria Square
Come along and meet your local team and let us know the problems your having in your area.